Upper BRD door needing shadowforge key should be removed

samoman21

Upper BRD door needing shadowforge key should be removed

#1 » Post by samoman21 » 13 Mar 2017 19:43

Hello,

I was recently leveling an alt and was placed in RDF in upper BRD. I think the door after the flame guards, that needs the shadow forge key should be left open or the requirement simply removed. It sucks that you have to end raid right then and kills the momentum of leveling. It would greatly help RDF as not everyone below level 60 can really get the key unless they have help, and even then at 60 it requires effort to get to the area. I believe it would be much more beneficial to remove the door so an RDF que doesn't need to simply end.

Thank you for reading,
Nephthys
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

Glonz

Re: Upper BRD door needing shadowforge key should be removed

#2 » Post by Glonz » 13 Mar 2017 20:03

Could possibly be done for pre-patch in my opinion, along with other in-dungeon doors such as Dire Maul. Outside doors (the ones that restrict entry to the dungeon such as Dire Maul West and North) should remain unaffected.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 13 Mar 2017 20:19

This key doesnt effect any RDF and is a cool aspect of BRD. Enough keys and attunements have been removed in our client already.
Last edited by Fitzpatrick on 14 Mar 2017 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

samoman21

#4 » Post by samoman21 » 13 Mar 2017 20:56

Fitzpatrick wrote:-1
This key doesn't effect any RDF and is a cool aspect of BRD. Enough keys and attunements have been removed in our client already.
100% disagree. It does affect RDF. At level 51, you gain access to upper BRD for rdf, and mid 50s you gain DM access. If someone doesn't have the shadowforge key for Upper BRD or DM Key, then boom rdf ends because they're impossible to finish with out. BRD litterally has 6 mobs before the key is needed. DM has a few bosses so its not as necessary. But if you are leveling, the only reason to do RDF is to get the finish EXP.

Now lets say you're a level 53-54, you qued RDF about an hour to hour and a half ago and it finally popped. You get sent to Upper BRD and no one has key, well other rdf'rs are high 58-60. So you vote kick, and leave simple right. But wait, those 58-60s found rdf for scholo or strat. So now you're stuck waiting for que to pop again for another hour, and its DMN but no one has key. Imagine how pissed you would be. You spent 2-3hours waiting in ques and they both have to end because no one has a key. Would you not be pissed in this situation?
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 14 Mar 2017 00:41

You guys are right. I had completely forgotten that the first door in Upper is locked. I'm still fairly neutral on it, however, so I'll just remove my previous comment.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick