[TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or another /CFlfg channel, official and moderated.

smartos

Re: [TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or another /CFlfg channel, official and moderated.

#16 » Post by smartos » 15 Mar 2017 20:48

I will repeat myself yet again:
Thats why a simple moderation goes longer ways here.

With an official /cflfg or whatever name u pick for that channel, people will be automatically connected to when they log on both factions. It will be used with LFG purposes only. Cancer will stay in /cfworld, where ppl can /leave or not even join if thats bothering them. And if toxic players try to spread on LFG they can be muted, no fuss about it.

Now if you are telling me Staff can not afford/doesnt want to moderate an actual active channel, say it straightforward rather to continue with this "cancer will move to the other channel too". Ofc it will move, but at least u will be able to mute ppl there, you know like when GMs were doing that before back on /lfg, /world.
Retired and deleted characters.

Zerosolitude - Frost/Unholy DK
Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Sweetstrike - Fury/Arms Warr
Erectionmage - Arcane/Fire Mage
Zeroshadows - Shadow Priest
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeroclaws - Kitty/Bear/Boomy
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue
Zerocurses - Demo/Affliction Warlock
Zerototems - Ele/Enha Shamy

Nyeriah

Re: [TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or another /CFlfg channel, official and moderated.

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Mar 2017 20:52

Yes, we don't want to moderate those channels. However it's something we're still discussing.

Gnurg

#18 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Mar 2017 21:31

I don't think the banter will move to the other channels. They have an arena for it in cfworld, so why would they move to cflfg to spam there? Have some faith in the community.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

ComradeBork

#19 » Post by ComradeBork » 18 Mar 2017 13:52

Nyeriah wrote:
15 Mar 2017 20:52
Yes, we don't want to moderate those channels. However it's something we're still discussing.
(I'm quoting this post, but replying to the thread)

Are there any players who'd like to moderate it, or have any suggestions as to how? I have a lot of moderation experience, but reading the issues outlined here, I wouldn't know where to begin on the channel...

If you punish the offending players, they might leave and never come back. This sounds like a good idea in theory, but the population is at a critical low and it takes a long time to ding 80. If the offending player leaves, the positive effect that comes from their negativity being removed doesn't really show for a while as new players ding 80 and assimilate to the new atmosphere. Low-levels and insignificant players are already easily dealt with via /ignore. This could lead to the veteran players having less fun, or worse, no fun. If the veteran players (people who I'm assuming are players in this thread) stop having fun, they'll leave, then the server will probably need a reset (for the draw of "realm first") and some PR to be revived ("NEW server, BLIZZLIKE with NEW ideas" type stuff). Or it'll be retired for a completely new TW server.

It's really just an unfortunate situation. The best thing to do I think would be to keep a GM or 4 around (different timezones) and being social, someone the devs can trust and who just likes playing TW and dealing with the occasional idiot.
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

IronSharona
Former Staff

#20 » Post by IronSharona » 18 Mar 2017 15:23

to keep a GM or 4 around (different timezones) and being social, someone the devs can trust and who just likes playing TW and dealing with the occasional idiot.
Hey, this sounds like the description of myself I submit on my staff application! ;)

We're still discussing possible courses of action and implementations. Stay patient, guys. We're still here working in the background!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

ComradeBork

#21 » Post by ComradeBork » 25 Mar 2017 23:11

This was put together by Abird, Peachsheep, and I:

So we've been playing for a week and chat regularly devolves into swastikas and people accusing others of being SJWs. Every single thing you can think of that would possibly upset someone is said for no reason. Then low and behold no new players are online during that time.

What a huge surprise. Please, even a slightly moderated channel is better than this. Today a player said they didn't care about pushing other players away from the "already dead server", I said toxic players who actively push other players away from the server should just be banned, a GM said they'd have to be banned too then. I'm assuming the GM was having a bad day or joking, but wtf? How are we supposed to advocate for a community where the GMs not only won't even step up, but actively push players away from the server?

Seriously, we can't believe one of the oldest, longest standing Blizzlike servers has such horrible toxicity in it. There are solutions and options but as it stands we can't convince friends to join cfworld, other friends when they see it over my shoulder just say "fuck that", they won't even try the game.

We don't even care about the politics of the shit people talk about. It's just that it's literally to incite hatred and it's constantly spammed, it's also the only option to speak with the major community on the server. There's no point in keeping players on the server who will actively push others away. It will force the community to remain small forever.

In the meantime I guess we'll just stick to the smaller channels, it's just a shame we can't be a part of the crossfaction community because it's just a toxic mess. I hope we'll have a better experience on moderated channels, but quite frankly we don't even want cfworld to be that moderated, just to keep the completely toxic - want other players upset and leaving, people out. That's all.

--Comrades Unite--
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

milanlord

#22 » Post by milanlord » 25 Mar 2017 23:24

ComradeBork wrote:
25 Mar 2017 23:11
This was put together by Abird, Peachsheep, and I:

So we've been playing for a week and chat regularly devolves into swastikas and people accusing others of being SJWs. Every single thing you can think of that would possibly upset someone is said for no reason. Then low and behold no new players are online during that time.

What a huge surprise. Please, even a slightly moderated channel is better than this. Today a player said they didn't care about pushing other players away from the "already dead server", I said toxic players who actively push other players away from the server should just be banned, a GM said they'd have to be banned too then. I'm assuming the GM was having a bad day or joking, but wtf? How are we supposed to advocate for a community where the GMs not only won't even step up, but actively push players away from the server?

Seriously, we can't believe one of the oldest, longest standing Blizzlike servers has such horrible toxicity in it. There are solutions and options but as it stands we can't convince friends to join cfworld, other friends when they see it over my shoulder just say "fuck that", they won't even try the game.

We don't even care about the politics of the shit people talk about. It's just that it's literally to incite hatred and it's constantly spammed, it's also the only option to speak with the major community on the server. There's no point in keeping players on the server who will actively push others away. It will force the community to remain small forever.

In the meantime I guess we'll just stick to the smaller channels, it's just a shame we can't be a part of the crossfaction community because it's just a toxic mess. I hope we'll have a better experience on moderated channels, but quite frankly we don't even want cfworld to be that moderated, just to keep the completely toxic - want other players upset and leaving, people out. That's all.

--Comrades Unite--
And that is my friend why they should disable the cf thing and we should use normal channels again which are moderate by GM's and leave this channel to the purpose it serves anyway. To measure d***s and trash talk to each other.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Eronox
MVP

#23 » Post by Eronox » 25 Mar 2017 23:33

Moved to Accepted.

CFWorld will be moderated from this posts publish date and forward. Please do note, any prefix named channel "CF" does not include to the list of moderated channels but only CFWorld is to be moderated by the staff.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash