Yes , I Agree With Full Crossfacition
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 57

Lyrik89

Re: [TW] Full Crossfacition

#31 » Post by Lyrik89 » 19 Mar 2017 07:47

I think at this point i just share a bit more details about my view of Warcraft...

There is only one possible thing id say to disable cf (later when pop growth makes it fine), and its the bgs; only the bgs not the whole pvp tho (cf arena is cool thing). The reason again comes from the lore actualy; the bg factions r something like any other factions and like i said an orc for example should still not b able to repu to ironforge or stormwind but only able to play together with a dwarf or human player because who the factions allow to their ranks is the decision of the faction (in theory ofc lol). So at this point its the decision of the defilers/frostwolf clan/etc that who can participate in their army.

Hope this aditional info helps a bit more to understand my views of Warcraft :^)

As for the part of the issues it may bring up; I understand the staf being worried about hkfarming wintrade guilds and prooly rather likes the non cf mode once pop allows. But I think that thing could b handled just like wintrade arena teams... ikr its a bit harder to detect as it means to observe more ppl at one time and to look up much more logs. And on the otherhand... i have fate in the community that there will b more who stays correct and plays fair ;^)

ComradeBork

#32 » Post by ComradeBork » 19 Mar 2017 15:52

Lyrik89 wrote:
19 Mar 2017 07:19
ComradeBork wrote:
18 Mar 2017 13:09
Yeah it's hard to keep in the hating alliance mode though when you see nice happy friendly messages by alliance players, and you actually work with them sometimes :p.
U dont need to hate to kill lmao
Actualy i like competing the ppl im cool with; battle them fo real and lets c whos better and help each learn. But ikr for many ppl the best part of pvp is cryin and cursing in cfglobe/bg chat lol
It's just an RP thing, really. I don't actually hate alliance players, but my character does. The RP aspects of WoW are a really big draw to me too! Of course I love competing with people I'm friends with, I play an awful lot of games and I can do that in them, WoW is the only game I play (or even know of) with such a clear, large faction divide.
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

skyx

#33 » Post by skyx » 21 Mar 2017 23:47

Cross faction should be a temporary thing until the server regains a healthy population (circa 2014, when OmegaWow died) but I

doubt that would happen.

Also world PvP is 100% dead on TW with xfaction (which can be argued that it hardly happened in the first place but whatever)

Gnurg

#34 » Post by Gnurg » 09 Apr 2017 23:34

It seems average peak population is 100 players, with a 5 to 2 distribution between Horde and Alliance. Clearly, something has to be done about it.

While the current cross-faction implementation allows players to play on the same side without forcing it on them, you can clearly see from the faction imbalance, that it doesn't really work in practice. People mainly choose guild runs over PuGs, thus you would with this population have to be on the same faction as the majority of players to get proper raids.

The visible difference between the current implementation and the full version would be cross-faction guild, say, whisper and who. Essentially, making it easier for people to group up regardless of faction. If people don't want to interact with certain players, you can always /ignore them and they would be gone from your life.

From what I know, all you'd have to do is change something in the config file to enable this.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Chatsnap

#35 » Post by Chatsnap » 09 Apr 2017 23:38

+1

Brennus

#36 » Post by Brennus » 10 Apr 2017 01:35

Keep in mind enabling crossfaction /who would certainly make some people be hunted night and day.

You simply need to /who JohnDoe (replace "JohnDoe" with the name of someone you truly hate).

For now, I abstain from voting (because I'm not in favour of CF BGs in the first place - but I can understand it as a temporary fix for the low population).
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Wilcox

#37 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Apr 2017 01:38

Brennus wrote:
10 Apr 2017 01:35
Keep in mind enabling crossfaction /who would certainly make some people be hunted night and day.

You simply need to /who JohnDoe (replace "JohnDoe" with the name of someone you truly hate).

For now, I abstain from voting (because I'm not in favour of CF BGs in the first place - but I can understand it as a temporary fix for the low population).
that sounds problematic for me :c

Jiranthos
Admin

#38 » Post by Jiranthos » 10 Apr 2017 10:25

Brennus wrote:
10 Apr 2017 01:35

How's that different from the approaches "hunters" used up to this point? Like using the website to find the people or having a low level alt in the other faction to /who? If you "truly hate" someone, the tools are already there, I don't see that as a great argument against full CF.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Brennus

#39 » Post by Brennus » 10 Apr 2017 11:37

Teach me senpai! Lead me to the true path! Teach me how to be pro at hunting lowbies ^_^ :lol: :twisted:

But seriously though, it was not my intention to argument against it, but rather to state how "disruptive behaviour" could increase with that.

Perhaps it's nothing, as I don't think the amount of "haters" is a big deal here (most people are friendly indeed).
And, yes, it would certainly help with the crossfaction RDFs/Raids.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

arnis5
Banned

#40 » Post by arnis5 » 10 Apr 2017 13:50

Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

loveable

#41 » Post by loveable » 10 Apr 2017 15:12

Gnurg wrote:
09 Apr 2017 23:34

From what I know, all you'd have to do is change something in the config file to enable this.
worldserver.conf then :
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Chat = 0 to 1 for /say
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Guild = 0 to 1 for guild
AllowTwoSide.WhoList = 0 to 1 for /who list
AllowTwoSide.AddFriend = 0 to 1 for friend list
AllowTwoSide.Trade = 0 to 1 for trade w/o party or raid
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Gnurg

#42 » Post by Gnurg » 10 Apr 2017 15:49

loveable wrote:
10 Apr 2017 15:12
Gnurg wrote:
09 Apr 2017 23:34

worldserver.conf then :
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Chat = 0 to 1 for /say
AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Guild = 0 to 1 for guild
AllowTwoSide.WhoList = 0 to 1 for /who list
AllowTwoSide.AddFriend = 0 to 1 for friend list
AllowTwoSide.Trade = 0 to 1 for trade w/o party or raid

Thanks, now we can fix it! \o/
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

ComradeBork

#43 » Post by ComradeBork » 10 Apr 2017 17:54

I didn't vote before but I'm a -1. I don't like crossfaction and I feel like this is a move towards permanency. The only thing I think would make a lot of sense to enable rn is cross-faction friends. Full crossfaction is a pretty big step away from Blizzlikeness IMO. We'd see even more Alliance running around in parties in Horde areas, unable to be attacked ... On a PVE server I could see some sort of argument but not on a PVP server.

Horde

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

Gnurg

#44 » Post by Gnurg » 10 Apr 2017 17:56

ComradeBork wrote:
10 Apr 2017 17:54
I didn't vote before but I'm a -1. I don't like crossfaction and I feel like this is a move towards permanency. The only thing I think would make a lot of sense to enable rn is cross-faction friends. Full crossfaction is a pretty big step away from Blizzlikeness IMO. We'd see even more Alliance running around in parties in Horde areas, unable to be attacked ... On a PVE server I could see some sort of argument but not on a PVP server.

People aren't in Azeroth anyways. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

ComradeBork

#45 » Post by ComradeBork » 10 Apr 2017 18:02

Gnurg wrote:
10 Apr 2017 17:56
People aren't in Azeroth anyways. :-)
I'd rather have a dead server that I like than a dead server I don't like. I believe this will kill TW once and for all, because it's a PVP server. Not to mention CF was supposed to be temporary and I believe that's why many people are okay with it at all (every single person I know IRL who games ... including those that don't play on the server yet), with this change having merged guilds would effectively make it hard/impossible to undo.

The faction divide is the driving force in world PVP, that's already hurt but it'd be mutilated. Not to mention completely destroying any chance of roleplay.

Horde

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)