Yea
62%
Nay
38%

Total votes: 29

Gerfalx

[Accepted] Make WG Items Obtainable via Alternate Currency {TW}

#1 » Post by Gerfalx » 03 Mar 2017 22:56

Well, there were some ppl who abused various things in WG, but anyway it's better to have such WG as we had than no WG at all.
And if it is disabled it's better to have it work like it's owned by both factions than none (so that both factions can see greater elementals and get shards from bosses in dungeons)

Wilcox

Wintergrasp items sold with different currencies

#2 » Post by Wilcox » 07 Mar 2017 22:29

Hello.

I mentioned this in one of my earlier suggestions (link) but due to being a mere part of a much larger topic, it most likely went unnoticed. Due to the urgency of the problem, I thought making a separate suggestion might be better.

Most of the wintergrasp gear is sold for wintergrasp marks of honor. Now that wintergrasp is shut down, the marks are no longer obtainable- hence causing the gear sold with this currency also become unobtainable. I offer these;

1) Changing the currency to honor.
2) Changing the currency to stone keeper shards.
3) Changing the currency to emblem of triumph.

Please leave a comment.
Last edited by Wilcox on 07 Mar 2017 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Gnurg

Re: Wintergrasp items sold with different currencies

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Mar 2017 22:31

How is Wintergrasp on the revamp branch?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#4 » Post by Wilcox » 07 Mar 2017 22:32

Gnurg wrote:How is Wintergrasp on the revamp branch?
what

loveable

#5 » Post by loveable » 08 Mar 2017 12:23

this will be good , im agree with this
but i think if they do this , there will be no fix on wg so no more wg
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Mar 2017 12:26

loveable wrote:this will be good , im agree with this
but i think if they do this , there will be no fix on wg so no more wg
We don't really have the population to make Wintergrasp enjoyable anyways.
Wilcox wrote:
Gnurg wrote:How is Wintergrasp on the revamp branch?
what
We are changing to a newer version of TC. Maybe WG works with it?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#7 » Post by Wilcox » 08 Mar 2017 12:54

can the naysayers explain their logic?

IronSharona
Former Staff

#8 » Post by IronSharona » 08 Mar 2017 16:37

If WG is unlikely to be fixed soon or have enough people to support it I think this could be a good idea. Since it may cause conflict between people who "legitimately" earned items versus those who didn't, I would suggest making the alternate prices fairly inflated. It would take a bit of balancing and trial and error but erring on the side of optimism I'd personally +1 this, if there is an active demand for the vended items.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Eronox
MVP

#9 » Post by Eronox » 12 Mar 2017 11:50

Off-topic to the suggestion origins, but the big adds in wintergrasp (i.e Flame Revenant) can't be seen by players and therefor the grinding of mats will be significantly harder. :(

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Mar 2017 11:56

Eronox wrote:Off-topic to the suggestion origins, but the big adds in wintergrasp (i.e Flame Revenant) can't be seen by players and therefor the grinding of mats will be significantly harder. :(
They should only be available when the battle is in progress.

That they were available prior to ever enabling WG is a luxury of the past.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gerfalx

#11 » Post by Gerfalx » 19 Mar 2017 08:03

They should only be available to the side who has Essence of Wintergrasp buff, i.e. the one who won the last WG battle. When the battle is in progress they are invisible to both sides.

On Blizzard realms WG periodically switched its owner so both factions could farm some elemental reagents from Greater elementals. Since WG battles are not happening anymore on TW, it's reasonable to allow both factions of our small realm an easier way to get elemental stuff.

And to be honest, saying that the availability of Greater elementals was a 'luxury' is as outrageous as being transformed from a tauren to a gnome.

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Mar 2017 09:07

Gerfalx wrote:
19 Mar 2017 08:03
They should only be available to the side who has Essence of Wintergrasp buff, i.e. the one who won the last WG battle. When the battle is in progress they are invisible to both sides.

On Blizzard realms WG periodically switched its owner so both factions could farm some elemental reagents from Greater elementals. Since WG battles are not happening anymore on TW, it's reasonable to allow both factions of our small realm an easier way to get elemental stuff.

And to be honest, saying that the availability of Greater elementals was a 'luxury' is as outrageous as being transformed from a tauren to a gnome.
I suppose that's how it should be. Though, the small adds are still there, so there's plenty of reagents to farm. Having a small population would mean there's less competition over farming these adds, thus there is no need to add the big ones too.

Why are you comparing it to being transformed from cow to gnome, that doesn't make sense? I suppose you refering to the CF BG system, that you might dislike? If that's the case, you should make a comment in the correct thread, instead of indirectly blaming me for it. I implemented it for PrimalWoW, not for TrueWoW, afterall. It was just added there after popular demand from players.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

blagovest_tonev

#13 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 19 Mar 2017 09:32

Wilcox wrote:3) Changing the currency to emblem of triumph.
This is the best option, in my opinion, it has the potential to make more people do dungeons ;)

Gerfalx

#14 » Post by Gerfalx » 19 Mar 2017 11:40

Why are you comparing it to being transformed from cow to gnome, that doesn't make sense? I suppose you refering to the CF BG system, that you might dislike? If that's the case, you should make a comment in the correct thread, instead of indirectly blaming me for it.

Wasn't blaming you for anything. I was just saying that being able to get materials from Greater Elementals is normal rather than something extraordinary. Therefore the word 'luxury' felt unpleasant and not appropriate to the situation, so I used said comparison to indicate the level of these feelings)

Gadoschi
Donor

#15 » Post by Gadoschi » 19 Mar 2017 11:52

What exactly is the logic behind disabling big adds on this PARTICULAR server? Comparing Blizzard servers and TW is, at least at this point in time, absolutely pointless.

MY LOGIC:
1. We want more players to be able to competitively participate in end-game activities on our realms.
2. To do that, they need do develop their professions and obtain better starting gear.
3. One of the easiest ways to obtain it is via professions.
4. To craft profession item, you need mats, essential part of which for the end-game items are eternals, farmed in Wintergrasp.
5. Small elementals have about 1/3 chance to drop 1-2 crystallized eternal, while big adds have a 100% chance to drop 1-3 crystallized eternal.
6. I've been farming extensively both during active Wintergrasp battle being able to farm big elementals, and after disabling Wintergrasp, and I have to say - farming only small adds is way more depressing and takes WAY, WAY longer.
7. There are many players who need eternals for their crafts, and have the gold to purchase them from the auction house or from other players (either raw, or in crafted items), but have nothing to buy, or the few that are our there for purchase are at ridiculous prices.

Question - who exactly benefits from big adds not being there for farming for the VERY FEW remaining players who are actually still willing to farm mats?

Help us willing few out! Don't hold us back!

I'm not saying mats should be handed out or anything, but since you are generally against the AH bot idea to provide us with mats, I have to insist on this at least.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm