[TW] Crossfaction BG

Do you want to have crossfaction battlegrounds?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Wilcox

[TW] Crossfaction BG

#1 » Post by Wilcox » 24 Feb 2017 01:41

Read the post before jumping to conclusions. (this is mainly directed at diehard roleplayers who also happen to like pvp)

Why?

If you regularly play battlegrounds, you'll realize that one side is always more powerful. Sure, one side has to win the game after all, but the difference of power is unreal. Depending on which side has the most geared players online at that given time of the day, that faction wins. This leads to;

1) Players getting fed up and leaving
2) Less battlegrounds until the tides turn (someone geared logs from the other faction)

It's not blizzlike.

Neither is;

1) Our population
2) The time we spent in this expansion
3) /join cfworld
4) CF PvE
and several other things that I can't be bothered with listing

I'm a diehard roleplayer, I will not fight alongside my enemy
open at your own risk
Spoiler:
Fuck yourself then, don't play, let others have fun. Go do some world pvp or something. Get that stick removed surgically.
How does this fix anything?

I've been to over 10 battlegrounds today on 3 different acccounts in both factions, with Chillmaster. Most of the time, we won due to having more geared people on our side and being geared ourselves. So, one faction gets absolutely massacred and they start leaving, and you end up with having no battlegrounds for 30~ minutes. Is this really what we want to see on the server? Is this how we want to promote PvP, the thing that never ends unlike PvE?

Back to topic, this actually does fix things by;

1) Increasing the amount of battlegrounds
2) Increasing the chances of replacing leavers (since they will be joining from both factions)
3) Removing the "i don't want to fight against these geared guys with my shit gear" mindset because the low geared player(s) can always be teamed with the better geared player(s) in the next game
4) It simply promotes a more newbie-friendly environment. More people will surely play battlegrounds, this way.
5) Eliminating the "ally/horde uses alts to que so we are left 3v4!" excuse. Because you don't know what kind of team you'll end up in.

You guys wanted to fix PvP for a long time. You failed. Things deteriorated to this point. Maybe it's about time you take a drastic step like you did with PvE. No matter how much Tenebro (who also happens to be a serial bug abuser) or anyone else is against this, you need to realize that this is very much needed for the greater good. The satisfaction of 5 players should not be any of your concern compared to the satisfaction of [serverpopulation-5] players.

IF YOU LEAVE A VOTE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT OR VICE VERSA
Last edited by Wilcox on 24 Feb 2017 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Crossfaction PvP

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 24 Feb 2017 01:49

I need to give this more thought personally, but just from the first look, I see a few positives, like possible ghost-queuing annihilation, since you don't know whether your alt will be dropped in the enemy or your team, and the fact that one battle you may be on the same team as Wilcox and in the next you can be against him, which gives some fairness and spontaneity element to it.
Need to think about the cons other than the roleplay factor, so I'll see what people say and then I'll vote :)

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Regent
Tester

#3 » Post by Regent » 24 Feb 2017 01:58

I suggest removing the poll and taking the votes from directly from posts, since voting can be manipulated with multiple accounts from a single person.

Have a hearty +1 from me.
Don't even need to explain why I'm in favor of this. Anyone who is not an ignoramus, plays daily and participates actively in RBG queues and the RBG battles (while trying not to get bored to tears) knows what the situation is like.

I ask this to anyone who votes on this:
Please don't vote if you're someone who hasn't logged in TW in ages or if you're someone who hasn't played RBGs here in the past 1-2 weeks or if the majority of your activities involves a weekly trip to ICC or just AFK'ing in Dalaran.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Chatsnap

#4 » Post by Chatsnap » 24 Feb 2017 02:07

I vote yes because this sounds nice.

abio

#5 » Post by abio » 24 Feb 2017 02:08

I'll throw down a vote for cf bgs, but if by some miracle the server picks up big again, hopefully cf bgs would no longer be necessary, and therefore it would be reverted back to normal horde v ally awesomeness.
Deltron
Genelec
Mosdef
Gauge
Blueprint

wari

#6 » Post by wari » 24 Feb 2017 10:35

well we cant say that some players will leave for this since no1 is left so why not?

Supernova

#7 » Post by Supernova » 24 Feb 2017 10:55

+1
Just a temporal solution.
Diabla - Blood Elf Paladin
Ambrosia - Blood Elf Death Knight
Supernova - Orc Shaman
Bladespinner - Orc Warrior

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Feb 2017 10:57

There exists a patch for cross-faction PvP. It does only support WSG, AB and AV.

It has to be made compatible by someone, though.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

lrctgl
Donor

#9 » Post by lrctgl » 24 Feb 2017 11:08

i personally voted yes even tho i dont play in truewow but on primal i still see this as a great idea and hope it can spill over to primal aswell

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 24 Feb 2017 11:11

abio wrote:I'll throw down a vote for cf bgs, but if by some miracle the server picks up big again, hopefully cf bgs would no longer be necessary, and therefore it would be reverted back to normal horde v ally awesomeness.
Myself was kind of neutral about this, but when I read this I changed my mind. :tick:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

majstorfanta

#11 » Post by majstorfanta » 24 Feb 2017 11:20

Staff always agreed with these kind of suggestions. Afaik, the only reason why it is not up yet is that it is hard to implement without crashing the server.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

loveable3

#12 » Post by loveable3 » 24 Feb 2017 11:25

all fun of pvp is "Alliance's Vs Horde's"

u can consider tenebroo insta left ccc when he saw im in
it will be same about many players in bg's
u'll see retarded outnumbered bg's cuz such leavs

Wilcox

#13 » Post by Wilcox » 24 Feb 2017 11:29

this is completely irrelevant from tenebro, you're just like him in fact, one ball and no brains. stop derailing every single forum thread with the dilemma between you and him

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Feb 2017 11:56

majstorfanta wrote:Staff always agreed with these kind of suggestions. Afaik, the only reason why it is not up yet is that it is hard to implement without crashing the server.
Not on TrueWoW: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=36916. That's by the way, the best way of implementing it, as it has to be done in steps. There will for sure be a lot of bugs on release and if you have it enabled for all battlegrounds, it's going to be quite a fun show. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Floss

#15 » Post by Floss » 24 Feb 2017 13:48

Voting yes but i feel like the staff ain't gonna do anything about it.

We have 3-4 open suggestions about the same topic...

Edit - pls do this Asap