[TW] Crossfaction BG

Do you want to have crossfaction battlegrounds?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Eronox
MVP

Re: [TW] Crossfaction BG

#61 » Post by Eronox » 02 Mar 2017 21:12

Could be.

Yet, according to both my notice and the pvpstats page, the amount of battlegrounds has increased nevertheless. Roel actually did call for this event to happened as I found out while clearing up the suggestion section :D

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#62 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Mar 2017 21:13

Yeah, it seems like it didn't work for TrueWoW. Hardly anything works for TrueWoW...

wari

#63 » Post by wari » 02 Mar 2017 21:40

maybe merge with gd or sth
Last edited by wari on 03 Mar 2017 15:12, edited 2 times in total.

benta

#64 » Post by benta » 02 Mar 2017 22:59

Nyeriah wrote:Yeah, it seems like it didn't work for TrueWoW. Hardly anything works for TrueWoW...
Yes, and you even lost some players because of your decisions and politics , not trying to hate or anything , But you guys should see both sides of a story before implementing something, an superficial ''pool'' is never enough for such a big ''game changer'' peace.

Nyeriah

#65 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Mar 2017 23:04

None of the ones that voiced themselves here against it proved to be insightful in any way. On the other hand, the vast majority was in favor of it. That kinda counts as both sides to me, chances to speak out where given, but they were wasted with "-1 FUNSRVER NOT BILZIK" quality of comments.

Gnurg

#66 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Mar 2017 23:27

benta wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:Yeah, it seems like it didn't work for TrueWoW. Hardly anything works for TrueWoW...
Yes, and you even lost some players because of your decisions and politics , not trying to hate or anything , But you guys should see both sides of a story before implementing something, an superficial ''pool'' is never enough for such a big ''game changer'' peace.
It was implemented for PrimalWoW, not TrueWoW. It's a future that can be turned on / off, and it was just enabled to see if it would work with the TrueWoW community. The only thing it showed, was how toxic and narrowminded the community is. You get people bashing others on the forum over their opinions and players refusing to play the battlegrounds (striking?) thus ruining the fun for others.

There was no need to make a fuzz about it, as you can see the number of quality (with many players) games declined by a lot after the first few (hype) days, so it would eventually be disabled anyways. All you had to do was wait one week and it'd be back to normal.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

milanlord

#67 » Post by milanlord » 02 Mar 2017 23:31

But what else should we say, because its pointless to write anything, cause you won't listen. It was the same for cross faction pve and its the same now for cross faction bg's. You listen to pve people who gave their +1, even though they step in bg once in a month or when there is some stupid achiv to get from bg, not to mention the people who trash talked so much TW and they came back 2-3 days ago thinking they are the rulers of TW instead of people who stayed with server all this time and who have actively played bg's. With that policy it leaves me no or anyone else choice,then to just give up and don't waste energy or time.
If its a fail test like you said in your previously post, couldn't we get back at least one thing to work normally as it should without any custom change.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Wilcox

#68 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Mar 2017 00:09

i think you're labelling this as a "fail test" too soon. it's still not weekend yet. you enabled this on a sunday(if I'm not mistaken) and activity was off the charts, it didn't stay on even for a week. and might I add that there are(were) some problems with the queue. for example, people are actively fighting in a bg (I know because of /who and the chatter going on in cfworld) but when I queue up, it says that 5 more people has to queue, it's strange. i failed to get into several battlegrounds because of this and I don't know how many others experienced the same

our population is insanely low, therefore the amount of ongoing activities in the server is also insanely low. while I do agree with the fact that crossfaction battlegrounds do NOT increase our population (decreased it by 3-5, if to be entirely honest)- it does severely increase the ongoing activities in the server. there is no way to make everyone happy. but this feature made most of the people happy. I'll tell you that much. many people are satisfied with getting instant queues and being able to enjoy PVP at any given time. a smaller amount of people are unhappy because they don't want to fight for the alliance/horde. when you compare these two, which one serves the greater good? you decide, I'm just another player who states his opinion in all honesty

Nyeriah

#69 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Mar 2017 00:22

As Gnurg said, people are too toxic and narrowminded towards everything. Battlegrounds are starting more often, but the quality of them overall is still the same. We could try experimenting reducing the amount of players that need to queue in order to start it, probably would still get the usual 3v3, 4v4 battlegrounds of every day.

We traded ghost queuers for toxic people sabotaging matches and "protesting", so I don't feel like anything changed in that regard.

We could go for what Justicelight suggested and only have it enabled one day of the week.

Wilcox

#70 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Mar 2017 00:29

can I do anything to convince you to let cfbg stay on for the weekend? I'm almost sure activity will greatly increase and you'll see that this is nowhere near failure

Nyeriah

#71 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Mar 2017 00:59

I don't know, maybe Saturday to be done with it.

Nyeriah

#72 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Mar 2017 01:14

for example, people are actively fighting in a bg (I know because of /who and the chatter going on in cfworld) but when I queue up, it says that 5 more people has to queue, it's strange. i failed to get into several battlegrounds because of this and I don't know how many others experienced the same
Gnurg wrote:...

Gnurg, maybe that's something you may wanna look into/give more details about the prevention thing you implemented (maybe I missed it).

Longi

#73 » Post by Longi » 03 Mar 2017 01:15

Wilcox wrote:can I do anything to convince you to let cfbg stay on for the weekend? I'm almost sure activity will greatly increase and you'll see that this is nowhere near failure
some time ago you wrote :)
Wilcox wrote: you could go with my suggestion and agree that some things just end, and move on with your life to look back with pride
If you lost 3-5 TW core players it does more damage than if you lost 10-15 players which are active max a half year ( if to be entirely honest TW is losting this kind of players, people who was with the server all time and doesn´t matter how " dead " server is / was, it is not like that dudes who tries the serve for 3 months and left :) ) Persnoly I think this is the reason why Tenebro wasn´t banned yet, coz if he leaves the server, he will take lets say 10 more players with him and with no alliance left Tw cannot lost more Horde core players :)

Wilcox

#74 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Mar 2017 01:34

that was obviously written with notable sarcasm in it considering I'm still doing my best to actively contribute to the community unlike you

@nyeriah saturday pls

blagovest_tonev

#75 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 03 Mar 2017 08:13

Don't disable a feature that brings activity on the server. People won't change even if you disable the crossfaction at all, they will remain as toxic. The whole crossfaction implementation brought activity to the server. And if the activity gets any lower, the server will eventually die once for all.