[TW] Crossfaction BG

Do you want to have crossfaction battlegrounds?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 71

Gnurg

Re: [TW] Crossfaction BG

#76 » Post by Gnurg » 03 Mar 2017 08:44

Nyeriah wrote:
for example, people are actively fighting in a bg (I know because of /who and the chatter going on in cfworld) but when I queue up, it says that 5 more people has to queue, it's strange. i failed to get into several battlegrounds because of this and I don't know how many others experienced the same
Gnurg wrote:...

Gnurg, maybe that's something you may wanna look into/give more details about the prevention thing you implemented (maybe I missed it).
It's nothing to worry about.

When you queue it looks for a bg template, which has information about minimum players needed, 6 (2 * 3) for this case. It then proceeds to look for how many there are in the queue. Finally it prints how many are needed to start a new battleground, which should be 5.

The reason the players isn't invited to the battleground is because it only invites if there are less than two in the queue, except for balance reasons. I.e. if one team has less people it will fill that team even when there are just 1 in the queue.

I recall the old system worked just like this, except it didn't feel like balancing all the time.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

smartos

#77 » Post by smartos » 04 Mar 2017 01:25

+1 from me.

:) As a casual and mediocre pvper I personally stoped joining RBGs cus one side always kept overpowering the other ridiculously + fresh lvl80s with no talent trees that "magically" kept appearing on your team. >:(
When the testing time was going I queued and for first time in months actually enjoyed a BG.+ I find it fun in one bg ur chating with a teammate bout strategies and in the next ur againts each other. :tick:
As a player who has played on both horde and alliance I really do not see what some of the upper comments are about...People should remember this is being done to increase the PvP activity and the number of BGs. :tick:
The people who are againts this becaouse of a personal issues with other faction players and are qq-ing on this thread and ingame (cfworld) should either stop quing or suck their "pride" and accept this cus i repeat it being done for good reasons. My advice to those people is: keep doing what you are doing, if u get matched in team with a player u dont like, just keep playing your game and if you feel that player is purposely failing your team just SS and post this on forums and let staff deal with that.
Peace. ;)
Retired and deleted characters.

Zerosolitude - Frost/Unholy DK
Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Sweetstrike - Fury/Arms Warr
Erectionmage - Arcane/Fire Mage
Zeroshadows - Shadow Priest
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeroclaws - Kitty/Bear/Boomy
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue
Zerocurses - Demo/Affliction Warlock
Zerototems - Ele/Enha Shamy

Ratmout
Donor

#78 » Post by Ratmout » 04 Mar 2017 03:33

Well i have to admit that cross-faction BG is really too much fun because of instant queues, people is mixed (simulate balance), LESS people leaving BG`s and etc. It was like old times when there were more people.
I know I was against this because its not blizzlike and still, but since the very, very low population its more funny with cross-faction BG than without it.

So now im supporting this.
+1 from me

Nyeriah

#79 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Mar 2017 04:29

Crossfaction going up today again so we can see how it plays out over the weekend as promised. I'll disable it again tomorrow.

devil5000

#80 » Post by devil5000 » 04 Mar 2017 06:07

Well seeing the situation on teh server atm i dont see why wouldnt we have cf bgs:Its better to have cf bgs then no bgs at all and besides if our population fixes we can disable it anytime.People that complain that its not blizzlike should just deal with it since we already have some custom stuff.If you want ally vs horde you can just go to do world pvp.Like they say desperate time ask for desperate measures and it would be a sham to just let pvp on Tw die when there was something that could have been done but it got disabled bcs few people didnt want it.For all the faction elitists on the server keep in mind that both Horde and Alliance joined forces multiple time in the lore so there is no reason for you to be an exception.

So with all that being said i vote +1 on this since its either this or back to the crappy unbalanced bg que
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

loveable

#81 » Post by loveable » 04 Mar 2017 06:26

cf pve , cf bg
i would say why u dont go for full crossfacition ? only cf guild + arena +/who + /s left

i belive it can help much more than just cf bg
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Cocopuffs
Donor

#82 » Post by Cocopuffs » 04 Mar 2017 13:22

loveable wrote:bla bla bla i speak nonsense hord scum
what? :lol:

Chillmaster

#83 » Post by Chillmaster » 04 Mar 2017 19:24

Benefits of having cross faction Battlegrounds:

- If you see only low geared people on your faction online you still queue for BG because you know you might have them in your team OR not

- If you are the only one of your faction in queue and the rest are hordes you will still get a battleground (Happened to me way more than once)

- You don`t dual queue because you simply don`t know if that is going to affect your team or the opposite team

-The fact that you do not play against the same people every single BG in a row actually motivates people to queue.

These are some of the things that benefit server whether you like it or not, whether you like ME or not.
So far the players that are against it have arguments like:

"you were not on this server all the time, you shouldn`t suggest something like that"
"all you and wilcox want is to destroy the server"
"I can`t play in the same team with Adiba all the time"
"Suck me you cunt"

Honestly, it is no time for role playing, population is low, server needs cross faction, that is obvious. The fact that I`m the one who is saying it, doesn`t change the facts.

Chatsnap

#84 » Post by Chatsnap » 04 Mar 2017 19:28

hi you forgot "not bilzlik"-argument

On a more serious note, you summed it up nicely.

loveable

#85 » Post by loveable » 04 Mar 2017 19:45

Vote must be on comments by +1 and -1 , and ignore pve players vote's because honestly they do max 1 bg per week , u'll see -1 are more

Regent
Tester

#86 » Post by Regent » 04 Mar 2017 19:55

We've been having BGs all afternoon and evening today. Probably more to go before the feature gets turned off again.
(They're still going as I type this).
Take a good look at the PvP stats page for TW -> go to detailed scores -> count the # of bgs for today's date (it has already exceed yesterday's count) and the teams today were often larger and varied with the players. Best Part? Instant queues.

If this doesn't prove that this is not just first-day hype bullshit and that Xfaction BG actually benefits everyone, I don't know what does.
We had BGs going even while there was an ICC10 followed by a TOC25.
The fact that we had actual BGs running DURING weekend raiding hours speaks volumes of the benefits of CF-BGs.
Honestly, tell me. How often does that happen when the BGs are Blizzlike? (or "bilzik" as a special snowflake calls it).
BGs during a 25 man raid is virtually unheard of with TW's low population.

So here I am asking the staff to keep this feature permanently enabled (and thus, maintaining my +1 vote) The amount of positive benefits it brings far outweigh the negatives of losing a few special snowflakes who consider their own personal wishes more important than the needs of the rest of the server.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. End of story.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Wilcox

#87 » Post by Wilcox » 04 Mar 2017 21:15

@staff

it's like you read, majority is in favor. if you enable this and keep it enabled, 3-5 people might leave the server in turn of an active pvp scenario. if you go back, everyone will eventually leave due to having next to no pvp

your decision at this point guys. i did my part by suggesting, promoting battlegrounds and playing about a hundred of them in the past few days so that i could give you feedback. you're all incredibly capable individuals and it falls upon you to make the right decision. ask yourselves "what serves the greater good?" and move on from there. i have nothing else to say

loveable

#88 » Post by loveable » 04 Mar 2017 21:34

Wilcox wrote:@staff

it's like you read, majority is in favor. if you enable this and keep it enabled, 3-5 people might leave the server in turn of an active pvp scenario. if you go back, everyone will eventually leave due to having next to no pvp

your decision at this point guys. i did my part by suggesting, promoting battlegrounds and playing about a hundred of them in the past few days so that i could give you feedback. you're all incredibly capable individuals and it falls upon you to make the right decision. ask yourselves "what serves the greater good?" and move on from there. i have nothing else to say
everyone = you , babymaster , regent ? do any of u 3 guy help any player in server ?

as i saw u dodging , babymaster leaving bg's to outnumber a team , regent out of all as i saw this days u guys are just 3 spot in bg , nothing more for this server
beside today almsot all bg's were under 5v5 and mostly wsg

me ? milan ? or .... how many raids we make in week ? how many bg's we play ? i hope u know math
u lose a bg ? u dodge next wilcox , babymaster same+leaving on popuse , regent like both of u
Only Person i belive is allowed to ask for this , is Reck and he just play 1 2 day per week because of his job
oh i forgot chatsnap :D he is under deserter 24/7 :lol: :lol:
each one of us is very very very more usefull than u and ur friends

Wilcox

#89 » Post by Wilcox » 04 Mar 2017 21:43

"dodging battlegrounds" i dont even need to answer this. you're just straight up retarded... you aren't making any sense at all

milanlord

#90 » Post by milanlord » 04 Mar 2017 21:58

The amount of bg's you are talking about is irrelevant to consider this as a permament activity. The people who would leave or stop playing bg's means more than the opinion of three people who wants to get what they up to. I could consider of leaving 1 day of cf's as test period, but the quality and enjoyment you are saying is false. This server has hope and if we all work together, it can survive or get population back, by not turning it anymore into fun server. All these people have toons on both sides, but they don't wish to queue and help the bg's going. Instead they want to implement something that any viable server doesn't have(because they would be closed). By accepting this, the future would be over. I say give more time, the main reason why they qq and want changes are because horde lately lacks good people. If only they would queue on horde, there could be bg's all day. Also some people like Rohit can't access to our server. He should be back soon, which will help horde having one good geared healer on their side. I myself will switch to horde as soon as I get vp's.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.