[Accepted] Reverting LoS changes

To revert LoS changes in battlegrounds. Yes or no ?

Yes (no casting through obstacles)
71%
No (we want to cast through obstacles)
29%

Total votes: 66

majstorfanta

[Accepted] Reverting LoS changes

#1 » Post by majstorfanta » 18 Jan 2017 17:14

I ve got a vibe in game and also on forums that ppl want to revert los changes in battlegrounds so just want to see if it is like that or not.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Eronox
MVP

Re: Reverting LoS changes

#2 » Post by Eronox » 18 Jan 2017 17:23

:tick: :tick: :tick:
Eronox wrote:It's default but I strongly agree to bug it up on purpose as it's cancer like aforementioned!
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=36730

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

SomethingWitty

#3 » Post by SomethingWitty » 20 Jan 2017 21:13

Any confirmation or eta for this?

Funny how PvP stuff where the majority of people want change gets ignored by staff. Whereas, PvE related stuff or PvP topics which get a bit controversial/opinion isn't as clear gets immediate responses.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 20 Jan 2017 21:15

SomethingWitty wrote:Any confirmation or eta for this?

Funny how PvP stuff where the majority of people want change gets ignored by staff. Whereas, PvE related stuff or PvP topics which get a bit controversial/opinion isn't as clear gets immediate responses.
Suggestion has been out for 2 days...
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Jan 2017 21:24

Funny how people assume I'm obligated to reply to every thread they consider a priority, regardless of whether I want to participate of the discussion or not.

I already replied to this at http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=36730

It's up for the community to decide but regardless of the decision, no changes will take place until the next update, that happens at Wednesday mornings as usual.

SomethingWitty

#6 » Post by SomethingWitty » 20 Jan 2017 21:28

Gnurg wrote: Suggestion has been out for 2 days...
Yeah and banning FAP, dungeon and bypass crap has only been out for a few hours...but oh what's that i see over there? Can it be? A rare staff response!!!!

Only thing keeping this server alive is the PvP and it gets put on the backburner of all backburners.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

SomethingWitty

#7 » Post by SomethingWitty » 20 Jan 2017 21:32

Nyeriah wrote:Funny how people assume I'm obligated to reply to every thread they consider a priority, regardless of whether I want to participate of the discussion or not.

I already replied to this at http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=36730

It's up for the community to decide but regardless of the decision, no changes will take place until the next update, that happens at Wednesday mornings as usual.
Yeah people assume it because you're a staff member and care for the wellbeing of the server, must come as a huge surprise i know.

majstorfanta

#8 » Post by majstorfanta » 20 Jan 2017 21:33

That was uncalled for somethingwitty.
Just let things take its course, your way you can not do anything but to annoy others which does not help anyone.
And let me lead my topic lol, it is obvious what majority wants. Why would you even start a discussion when you knew staff respects the majority as history had shown.

P.S. I ve been here for 5 years so I would know in case you figured I do not know what I am talking about
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

majstorfanta

#9 » Post by majstorfanta » 20 Jan 2017 21:34

Also, I am hc pvper and I voted not to ban FAP in bgs. You can easily take opponent flag and other team shoudlnt be able to touch you with one man less that is running the flag. Given you all have same gear and skill

EDIT: Also I d kindly ask you to stop replying on this post, just so we do not go off topic and get into unnecesary arguements so we can get this done, pls and thank you
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jan 2017 21:55

majstorfanta wrote:Just let things take its course, your way you can not do anything but to annoy others which does not help anyone.
This is a first! :tick: ^_^

Never have seen such a lack of people like you before, but yeah what can one simply do about it :roll:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

benta

#11 » Post by benta » 20 Jan 2017 22:29

Nyeriah wrote:Funny how people assume I'm obligated to reply to every thread they consider a priority, regardless of whether I want to participate of the discussion or not.

I really find u a really nice and carrying person, if this will help u feel a little better in any way . :) sorry for offtopic

Regent
Tester

#12 » Post by Regent » 20 Jan 2017 22:33

Agreed. It's blizzlike but it's also annoying as hell. It should be reverted back to how it was (even if it's a bug), seeing that it actually kept things a bit under control when it came to dealing with enemy Rdps.

Sources in case proof is needed about it being blizzlike:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/789625-WSG-and-LOS
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3123032349

It still needs to go. Not all Blizzlike features are desirable on a server like this one where keeping people from leaving should be paramount.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Glader

#13 » Post by Glader » 21 Jan 2017 02:02

Regent wrote:Agreed. It's blizzlike but it's also annoying as hell. It should be reverted back to how it was (even if it's a bug), seeing that it actually kept things a bit under control when it came to dealing with enemy Rdps.

Sources in case proof is needed about it being blizzlike:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/789625-WSG-and-LOS
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3123032349

It still needs to go. Not all Blizzlike features are desirable on a server like this one where keeping people from leaving should be paramount.
See edit for partial solution to the problem without a revert.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No it shouldn't.

LoS was an absolute disaster before the update. Things like tiny objects on the ground or fences were blocking LoS. It was ruining caster and healer experience in so many places. It was utter nonsense that LoS has been nonfunctional on private servers for years even when someone fixed it in 2012 but that commit got reverted due to a pathfinding bug that was fixed in this version.

LoS was absolutely horrific before the fix. Healing near any sort of objects was cancer. Casting things around those same objects was similarly cancer.

To ask for a revert of this behavior that is like retail is to ignore the significant problems that were faced by anyone who wasn't a melee. Casters and healers who play private servers probably don't even realize how terribly they've had it with heals being interrutped by fence LoS and all other sorts of nonsense.

edit: It is possible to have only stumps in WSG regain their previous LoS behavior, even though it would be purposefully non-blizzlike, anyway you'd need to change the serialized Flags for those M2s. You may need to find their name or ID or something. Anyway, if you regenerated the model data that the vmap and mmap generator uses but instead serialize and save those M2s with WMO flags instead of their proper M2 flags they won't allow spell casting through them. Since the majority of the complaint seem to be able WSG stumps maybe that's a decent compromise.
40box Multiboxing Stream - https://www.twitch.tv/poe_hellokitty

Regent
Tester

#14 » Post by Regent » 21 Jan 2017 04:37

Your above-mentioned compromise would more than appease 90% of the people complaining about this LOS fix.
Most players, including me, would gladly settle for that instead of what WSG has turned into lately.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

night

#15 » Post by night » 21 Jan 2017 04:58

wth.. I have to strongly oppose this. Getting a cast off before getting jumped is a huge caster qol and in some ways viability. Smart melee already know where and how to properly use line of site and I accept those as fair enough. Not to mention simply running through us. No mouse turning in the world will make up for the 50/50 of where their center actually is when you are looking at merged models. But running in circles around that damn tree is insane. It's not like you don't then see where the spell came from either from the bolt flying at you or the tiny bit of logic of "where the fck else would they be". And if you don't see that.. your camera is too close.

Maybe I will jump on True and see what is up, but I really, honestly, do not remember anything op about this from retail.