[Accepted] Reverting LoS changes

To revert LoS changes in battlegrounds. Yes or no ?

Yes (no casting through obstacles)
71%
No (we want to cast through obstacles)
29%

Total votes: 66

Regent
Tester

Re: Reverting LoS changes

#46 » Post by Regent » 29 Jan 2017 20:25

Any word on this? That solution proposed by Rejuv / Gladr would really be appreciated right about now.
Either that or a revert until a more permanent solution is found to keep both the favorable changes by the new system + restore some kind of "balance" to BGs (and I use that term lightly). The way it is right now is just downright preposterous and is slowly driving away the few remaining people TW has that are still interested in BG PvP.

WSG has literally become a cancerous nightmare for anyone trying to survive against casters & hunters. The entire mid-field area is an open hunting ground for Rdps to thrive in. Just hide behind a stump and DPS / CC anyone through them. Any semblance of tactics is thrown out the window with how things are atm (Basics like using LOS to avoid CC / drink / poke out to dispel then retreat behind LOS / any fundamentals of playing a healer /any survival basics of using LOS to survive as Mdps / etc).
Even worse is trying to survive against Rdps who go into full pve gear behind those tree stumps and become impossible to reach with Mdps while they happily roll their faces on their keyboard to no-skill you down to 0 hp and send you back to the Graveyard. The only option you have is to get out of their range. Good luck getting more than 36-41 yards away (typical Rdps range) while under pressure (and keeping your team alive if you're a healer).

I will say this again. Being 100% blizzlike is not favorable to the health of the server at this time. On retail, things like this didn't matter because there are always people ready to take over for the outgoing crowd (especially thanks to cross-realm BGs) This isn't the case on TW which is just 1 realm. If you want to keep your current remaining population (especially the portion that participates in PvP daily and thus keeps the BGs alive), I suggest taking action soon before too much damage is done by the current state of things.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

ipspmuch

#47 » Post by ipspmuch » 29 Jan 2017 21:00

It seems to me like there's a misunderstanding at play here. Although it may be like this on retail, since this is after all a private server, a great amount of the players have BiS gear. That wouldn't be an issue if the population wasn't so low at the time being. If there were averagely geared players on both teams regularly, it would be fine. But since there's only a few active and regular players left, most of them have the best gear for their spec. On retail, it's hard for the expansion to reach the point where so many players have OP gear, that PvP becomes unbalanced and everyone dies easily. I think that's what Blizzard are trying to fix with the new expansions by making pve gear in pvp practically useless. But since this is 3.3.5a after all, and has remained the same for so many years, people with BiS gear dominate the pvp population. That was already an issue on its own in my opinion, but now when you add lack of LoS to the mix, it really starts to show. Ranged classes, DoT casters in particular, are becoming way too OP at this stage. You can't interrupt them by breaking LoS and it's even a pain for other ranged classes to deal with it, not just melee. You see some priest with pve gear just DoTing everyone and running around the tree trunks in WSG. That's an unpleasant experience for everyone and it just drives players away from the server, which at this point, can be fatal for the population. I think it was alright the way it was before, no need to fix things that aren't broken, cheers.

majstorfanta

#48 » Post by majstorfanta » 29 Jan 2017 22:04

yeah it is reverting back as nye said until they find some better option, feel free to lock the topic as everything has been said I d say
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Nyeriah

#49 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Feb 2017 04:28

Okay, so we are going to revert the line of sight rework for now until we can address these issues. It'll be back once we update to the latest TrinityCore anyway.

For now, sorry for the revert, Rejuv :\

Locking this.