[Accepted] One single Cross-Faction channel

Gnurg

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#31 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Jan 2017 11:44

So far, 10 are favour, and 2 are in disfavour.

I did not count those who weren't clear if they were in favour or disfavour. I.e. those who only came with a channel-name suggestion.

Would be nice if we could have some more feedback. The ones taking decision, the staff, would appriciate if you could provide them some explaination for why you are in favour/disfavour. Don't feel pressured to write a lot though, a simple "+/- 1" is more than sufficent.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Regent
Tester

#32 » Post by Regent » 07 Jan 2017 12:04

A crossfaction channel goes in glove with the crossfaction RDF suggestion.
What's the point of having the latter if we can't attempt to speed up queue times by asking people to queue into the system?
+1
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Nyeriah

#33 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Jan 2017 14:55

Regent wrote: What's the point of having the latter if we can't attempt to speed up queue times by asking people to queue into the system?
How does one thing relate to the other? You can still ask the members of your faction to queue up just as you did before. If there are players on the opposite side queuing they're also likely to ask their own faction to queue.

The whole point of going slow with this is to allow the player base to get used to the cross faction idea rather than forcing the entire thing in one go. Perhaps that way we won't lose the players that are not happy about this, although I believe that may be inevitable by now.

Some people see this as some improvement of sorts but the fact is that cross-faction is a regression, and merely a measure to keep things stable with the low population issue of late.

blagovest_tonev

#34 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 07 Jan 2017 15:05

Nyeriah wrote:How does one thing relate to the other? You can still ask the members of your faction to queue up just as you did before. If there are players on the opposite side queuing they're also likely to ask their own faction to queue.
And what was the point of implementing crossfaction RDF, if we are to rely only on our faction to queue? I think we can agree on that we don't need crossfaction to spam LFG for our faction to queue. I believe the idea behind this suggestion is both to improve the RDF activity and to let friends between both factions communicate. And I really don't see how a custom channel can cause any trouble.

Nyeriah

#35 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Jan 2017 15:19

blagovest_tonev wrote: And what was the point of implementing crossfaction RDF, if we are to rely only on our faction to queue? I think we can agree on that we don't need crossfaction to spam LFG for our faction to queue. I believe the idea behind this suggestion is both to improve the RDF activity and to let friends between both factions communicate. And I really don't see how a custom channel can cause any trouble.
If you were still relying on your faction to queue then no change would've been noticed when the RDF was implemented. I believe you're bringing in something that may be detrimental to the server as a whole just for what a group friends want, whereas those friends could use other means to communicate (it's not like it was a problem until now?).

Either way, since we had crossfaction RDF for about two weeks now and seeing how inevitable crossfaction has became, I believe it's fine to go ahead with this.

blagovest_tonev

#36 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 07 Jan 2017 15:26

No, Nyeriah, leave the communication part aside. The main idea behind all this is to improve the RDF activity even more. I'm not even sure how active the LFG channel for Alliance is now, seeing their low population. So, if they join the custom channel and see a random player asking others to join, the chance for Alliance (or vice versa) to queue is a little bit higher.

Eronox
MVP

#37 » Post by Eronox » 07 Jan 2017 15:36

As the messages goes back and forth, it seems like you just are currently in a stupid attempt of justifying yourselves :D

Just like aforementioned, the idea is playful and maybe will be good. But I don't believe it'll be such a great addition as Blagovest believes it to be. Improving the queues even more, that is. I'd say, just do like the CF-RDF, give it a testing session and see what it turns out to be :P

Who knows, maybe it excels out of our captured beliefs

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

benta

#38 » Post by benta » 07 Jan 2017 16:20

+1 from best hunter in TW.

Nyeriah

#39 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jan 2017 20:33

Gnurg, can you get this ready? As in, as a setting we can enable? So we can pack this up along with crossfaction raids for the next update (not this week but the one after).

Gnurg

#40 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Jan 2017 21:00

Nyeriah wrote:Gnurg, can you get this ready? As in, as a setting we can enable? So we can pack this up along with crossfaction raids for the next update (not this week but the one after).
May I name it Nyeisaqtpie? :-) -- What should I name the channel?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Criticat

#41 » Post by Criticat » 17 Jan 2017 21:02

Re;
+1 from me
Criticat
"Impossible is just an opinion."

Nyeriah

#42 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jan 2017 21:04

Gnurg wrote:I suppose I could make it check for a certain prefix, like "cf". Allowing people to make their own cross-faction chats.

Examples:
cfworld
cfpvp
cfcoolpeople
cfyoungsingles
cfprivate
Something like this. Though cfworld, cflfg, etc will not be moderated until we have bridge support (if we'll ever)

Gnurg

#43 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Jan 2017 21:07

Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote:I suppose I could make it check for a certain prefix, like "cf". Allowing people to make their own cross-faction chats.

Examples:
cfworld
cfpvp
cfcoolpeople
cfyoungsingles
cfprivate
Something like this. Though cfworld, cflfg, etc will not be moderated until we have bridge support (if we'll ever)
You want prefix or just one channel?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#44 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jan 2017 21:08

I think I like the prefix idea, it's more versatile and allows people to use it as they wish

Gnurg

#45 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Jan 2017 23:40

Nyeriah wrote:I think I like the prefix idea, it's more versatile and allows people to use it as they wish
It's done.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE