[Accepted] One single Cross-Faction channel

Gnurg

[Accepted] One single Cross-Faction channel

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Dec 2016 20:05

I tested it locally (though not at a larger scale), but I made cross-faction work for one single channel. Every other channel would be Alliance or Horde specific. It would make it possible for those who wants cross-faction chats, while ensuring that the ones who aren't interested in this can stay out.

The idea would be to reserve this channel (or a more fitting name, should we find one) for it.

Code: Select all

/join crossfaction
Would you like to have one channel reserved for cross-faction chat?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fastor

Re: [TW] One single Cross-Faction channel

#2 » Post by Fastor » 27 Dec 2016 20:16

Too long name, make it CF or Cross .

Cocopuffs
Donor

#3 » Post by Cocopuffs » 27 Dec 2016 20:48

cfglobal

Brennus

#4 » Post by Brennus » 27 Dec 2016 21:25

+1

This would be good for e.g. "queue rdf 45-55", but I guess it needs a bit of moderation (like a Bot or GM watching it).
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Floss

#5 » Post by Floss » 27 Dec 2016 21:36

+1

Just call it global.

smartos

#6 » Post by smartos » 27 Dec 2016 22:18

+1 /join global
sounds best imo.
Retired and deleted characters.

Zerosolitude - Frost/Unholy DK
Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Sweetstrike - Fury/Arms Warr
Erectionmage - Arcane/Fire Mage
Zeroshadows - Shadow Priest
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeroclaws - Kitty/Bear/Boomy
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue
Zerocurses - Demo/Affliction Warlock
Zerototems - Ele/Enha Shamy

milanlord

#7 » Post by milanlord » 27 Dec 2016 22:20

No, -1, you got cross faction RDF/RHC, what else do you want? To bypass main suggestion( where you only got RDF/RHC and everything else was rejected) by making separate suggestions?
Gnurg, this ain't a joke, its holiday time, take a break from forum, stop messing around with suggestions for TW and especially for PW, until it becomes too late.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Dec 2016 22:56

milanlord wrote:No, -1, you got cross faction RDF/RHC, what else do you want? To bypass main suggestion( where you only got RDF/RHC and everything else was rejected) by making separate suggestions?
Gnurg, this ain't a joke, its holiday time, take a break from forum, stop messing around with suggestions for TW and especially for PW, until it becomes too late.
Everything else wasn't rejected. We were to take cross-faction with moderation, as the players were quite divided on what we would like. We ended up taking RDF as the first step and I am simply suggesting this as the second step.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

milanlord

#9 » Post by milanlord » 27 Dec 2016 23:14

Gnurg wrote:
milanlord wrote:No, -1, you got cross faction RDF/RHC, what else do you want? To bypass main suggestion( where you only got RDF/RHC and everything else was rejected) by making separate suggestions?
Everything else wasn't rejected. We were to take cross-faction with moderation, as the players were quite divided on what we would like. We ended up taking RDF as the first step and I am simply suggesting this as the second step.
And I'm simply telling you this ain't needed right now, give some time to see how would cross faction RDF/RHC affect the server. Don't rush with these kind of suggestions.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Dec 2016 23:17

milanlord wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
And I'm simply telling you this ain't needed right now, give some time to see how would cross faction RDF/RHC affect the server. Don't rush with these kind of suggestions.
What's so scary about a channel you don't even need to join?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Royo

#11 » Post by Royo » 27 Dec 2016 23:40

Gnurg wrote: What's so scary about a channel you don't even need to join?
I guess he's bitter he didn't get good presents this Christmas.

Ratmout
Donor

#12 » Post by Ratmout » 28 Dec 2016 03:07

+1 from me

milanlord

#13 » Post by milanlord » 28 Dec 2016 11:32

Gnurg wrote:
milanlord wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Everything else wasn't rejected. We were to take cross-faction with moderation, as the players were quite divided on what we would like. We ended up taking RDF as the first step and I am simply suggesting this as the second step.
I'm afraid once we give you finger, you will want the whole arm, which is sadly a proven fact.
Royo wrote:I guess he's bitter he didn't get good presents this Christmas.
Yeah, you are right, especially for the Christmas which I don't celebrate lol :D Troll comment status - failed. Next time, when you try to be funny, try to come up with something better. :)

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Dec 2016 11:45

milanlord wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
milanlord wrote: And I'm simply telling you this ain't needed right now, give some time to see how would cross faction RDF/RHC affect the server. Don't rush with these kind of suggestions.
I'm afraid once we give you finger, you will want the whole arm, which is sadly a proven fact.
You don't want this suggestion, because I might make more follow-up suggestions later on? That's by far the dumbest thing I've read in a while. You do know that a suggestion is harmless if it doesn't have the support of both the players and the staff?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Royo

#15 » Post by Royo » 28 Dec 2016 19:44

milanlord wrote: Yeah, you are right, especially for the Christmas which I don't celebrate lol :D Troll comment status - failed. Next time, when you try to be funny, try to come up with something better. :)
I guess you change religions just like you change factions.

Anyway, back to the topic... Yeah, a separate channel for it isn't bad. Only those that want to have a friendly chat can join it, Perhaps try something like /join xfaction, /join cf, you know, something short and simple.