[Accepted] Crossfaction Chat execpt whispers/say

Floss

[Accepted] Crossfaction Chat execpt whispers/say

#1 » Post by Floss » 02 Dec 2016 09:13

Hi ,

Right before i saw Gnurg's Suggestion , i was about to suggest something similar ;p
Crossfaction interaction on all channels except whispers/say.

I've been on many different servers of which i won't name here but trust me , it helps alot.
It will :

1) Enhance Trade channel greatly and make it more effective.
2) Allow people to have a few more laughs on "global" channel (which can be left or entered freely).
3) Allow us to ask the opposite faction to queue BGs.
4) Allow players to open private channels with other faction players and talk about anything which is freakin dope.

Now idk how hard will it be to implement that(if at all) , but i strongly recommend it .

Maybe start off with Pilot testing?

adiba

Re: Crossfaction Chat execpt whispers/say

#2 » Post by adiba » 02 Dec 2016 12:04

oh man imagine the drama on global chat! xD
+1

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 02 Dec 2016 14:19

Well I remember cross-faction chat was enabled on Spermik and ye for most this was fine but there was certain people who just used this to stir shit up with the other faction (I need not say a name) the other thing that would happen is greifing players going retard at other faction or making false accusations because they were just killed by opposite faction or have just lost a bg to other ground.

This would also make is easier for both sides to trade wins in bgs which is not allowed but remember this happened on spermik or not exactly to gain wins but to obtain bg achievements.

Arockalypse
Donor

#4 » Post by Arockalypse » 02 Dec 2016 14:21

adiba wrote:oh man imagine the drama on global chat! xD
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

benzviliran

#5 » Post by benzviliran » 02 Dec 2016 14:26

+1

i came from a server named spermik and despite all the unharming drama it made it brought everyone closer and made the community better .

it is just a good idea specially for this time that the population is small.
I am the swarm

milanlord

#6 » Post by milanlord » 02 Dec 2016 17:19

Again I have to say no :( Go with RDF first and see how it goes ! Later you can try to enable other stuff !
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 02 Dec 2016 17:34

milanlord wrote:Again I have to say no :( Go with RDF first and see how it goes ! Later you can try to enable other stuff !
Was this on wrong topic as dont think doing rdf first as much to do with cross faction chat?

milanlord

#8 » Post by milanlord » 02 Dec 2016 18:15

Doctor_J wrote:
milanlord wrote:Again I have to say no :( Go with RDF first and see how it goes ! Later you can try to enable other stuff !
Was this on wrong topic as dont think doing rdf first as much to do with cross faction chat?
Gnurg suggested the same thing here : http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36593 I guess Floss didn't read everything.

And on her last comment she said that based on feedback, the best thing would be to enable RDF only for start, and later see how it goes for other parts(including xfaction chat). That's why I wrote that :( I hope I sound more clear now :(
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

benzviliran

#9 » Post by benzviliran » 02 Dec 2016 19:54

milanlord wrote:
Doctor_J wrote:
Gnurg suggested the same thing here : http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36593 I guess Floss didn't read everything.

And on her last comment she said that based on feedback, the best thing would be to enable RDF only for start, and later see how it goes for other parts(including xfaction chat). That's why I wrote that :( I hope I sound more clear now :(

being able to join and play as a group together and chat together are 2 different things.

therefor they should be disgussed in different matters, just like player report issue shouldnt be mentioned in general support for example.

i think crossfaction in chats is a good idea like doc and i mentioned we came from a server where it had crossfaction chat and it was quiet good it helped community to grow- we were over 1200 people.
I am the swarm

benta

#10 » Post by benta » 02 Dec 2016 22:22

Chat with Sickbrain , Catchy and Abusebro ... I mean tenebro , that would be awesome! +1

Brennus

#11 » Post by Brennus » 03 Dec 2016 03:15

This would result in flame wars all over the World chat.
Sorry, but -1 from me.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

adiba

#12 » Post by adiba » 03 Dec 2016 04:21

Wait if cross-faction does happen and it seems like it will seeing Gnurg's suggestion and all, wouldn't that automatically mean we'd have cross faction world/global chat?

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Dec 2016 04:32

No, why would we? The proposal right now is RDF.

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 93#p398268

I think it's better to keep all of the discussion in one place to prevent people from missing out parts of the discussion but I guess it's not a major issue

Floss

#14 » Post by Floss » 03 Dec 2016 14:05

Nyeriah wrote:No, why would we? The proposal right now is RDF.

http//truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36593#p398268

I think it's better to keep all of the discussion in one place to prevent people from missing out parts of the discussion but I guess it's not a major issue

This proposal has nothing to do with Rdf or Gnurg's proposal.

We should discuss both things even if they happen to be proposed simultaneously.

Answer like " No , why would we?" will not suffice.

Tell me why you're against it...

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Dec 2016 14:20

If you read the message above I was replying to this
adiba wrote:Wait if cross-faction does happen and it seems like it will seeing Gnurg's suggestion and all, wouldn't that automatically mean we'd have cross faction world/global chat?
I'll make sure to use quotes next time.

People seem favorable to groups and RDF but world chat takes it to another level. Some individuals make it extremely toxic and people fear it'll just make things worse, to the point it'll eventually cause them to leave.

That's the reason I personally think crossfaction chat is not a good idea