Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

chickenbutt
Donor

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#61 » Post by chickenbutt » 10 Dec 2016 23:12

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS finally
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

aceman611

#62 » Post by aceman611 » 11 Dec 2016 05:56

I'm unfortunately for this.

I say unfortunately because it sucks that we're at the point in the server's life where cross-faction becomes necessary to keep the server alive (or at least to bolster one of the factions). But regardless, I'm all for this.

Shouldn't we put this to a vote somehow?
Smeldor - Ret/Holy Paladin - The Original Dorf
Ivanka - DW Frost DPS/Blood Tank - Suffers from Dorf envy.
Dumboldorf - Dorf fire mage (Yes they exist!)
Smellycat - What are they feeding you? Currently lots of smelly scourge minions.

Gnurg

#63 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 08:51

aceman611 wrote:I'm unfortunately for this.

I say unfortunately because it sucks that we're at the point in the server's life where cross-faction becomes necessary to keep the server alive (or at least to bolster one of the factions). But regardless, I'm all for this.

Shouldn't we put this to a vote somehow?
We vote by saying we' re for or against.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Sweetsong

#64 » Post by Sweetsong » 11 Dec 2016 12:38

+1 for me please.

Mala

#65 » Post by Mala » 11 Dec 2016 20:13

No, please.
If you launch cross-faction, some people will leave TW. And no one will join. Weird.
Whoever wants to leave in case they allow cross-faction - you know servers where ex-TW players are now.
“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
Elie Wiesel

Nyeriah

#66 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Dec 2016 20:24

So far it seems like we'll be enabling the crossfaction features next Wednesday unless there's an opposition to it.

Gnurg

#67 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 21:06

Nyeriah wrote:So far it seems like we'll be enabling the crossfaction features next Wednesday unless there's an opposition to it.
What futures would it be? Chat, bg, rdf, grouping...?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

milanlord

#68 » Post by milanlord » 11 Dec 2016 21:12

Nyeriah wrote:So far it seems like we'll be enabling the crossfaction features next Wednesday unless there's an opposition to it.
I thought you gonna implement only RDF, can we give more time before enabling full x-faction, we finally started doing icc25hc today, so now we have raids on both sides and we are slowly recovering.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Nyeriah

#69 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Dec 2016 21:14

I proposed RDF only but it seems like people want the full thing. So that means chat and groups.

milanlord

#70 » Post by milanlord » 11 Dec 2016 21:58

Nyeriah wrote:I proposed RDF only but it seems like people want the full thing. So that means chat and groups.
There should be RDF only enabled...due to low pop, pop isn't that low for raids, its still doable on both sides..Please reconsider once again before going full x-faction shit, I don't wanna quit game yet, but if this gets enabled, I'm done too I don't want to play on fun server.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Floss

#71 » Post by Floss » 11 Dec 2016 22:23

milanlord wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:I proposed RDF only but it seems like people want the full thing. So that means chat and groups.
There should be RDF only enabled...due to low pop, pop isn't that low for raids, its still doable on both sides..Please reconsider once again before going full x-faction shit, I don't wanna quit game yet, but if this gets enabled, I'm done too I don't want to play on fun server.
Milan , you of all people are expected to support this blindly.

You have a decent number of friends on both factions and finally you're in a situation that allows you to play and interact with both at the same time!!!

I remember the number of times you switched factions back and forth just to balance PVP whenever one side showed severe weakness in that branch and that's a very selfless and admirable act bro.

Now , this change will solve that matter for you and for others in both pvp and pve branches.

This doesn't make TW a fun server imo and it will be implemented as a trial .

I can't wait to comeback home the next weekend and try it out . :)

Cheers!

skyx

#72 » Post by skyx » 11 Dec 2016 23:13

^ This. Anything more and you are risking being branded as a "fun server" by ignorant outsiders. Also it should be temporary until

the population returns to healthy levels (probably never!).

Brennus

#73 » Post by Brennus » 11 Dec 2016 23:30

Totally agree on Cross-Faction RDF/RHC because of current population.
But please, we don't really need the rest I believe.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#74 » Post by Tenebro » 11 Dec 2016 23:49

ah even more reasons to play on other srvs now, thx tw

Brennus

#75 » Post by Brennus » 11 Dec 2016 23:52

Yeah, like what? Closed Wintergrasps, bugged Gunship Battles, broken Isle of Conquests?
No thanks, I think I'll stay here.

[hr=50][/hr]
Edit:

Unlike most people who downvoted this, I am not a Faction Nazi.

Let's be real, Cross-Faction IS a fun-server feature, but, it's the one that is less game-breaking of all (by game-breaking, I mean the "Blizz experience" catchphrase).

Still, the people down voting are probably not aware that lowbies are in DIRE NEED of RDFs, and cross-faction will help them a lot.

And that's my point. Have a nice day.
Last edited by Brennus on 11 Dec 2016 23:59, edited 2 times in total.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •