Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Eronox
MVP

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#286 » Post by Eronox » 01 Feb 2017 00:15

CFWorld can be moderatable by the channel owner, meaning passwords can be set.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gnurg

#287 » Post by Gnurg » 06 Feb 2017 11:47

Eronox wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Summon Power!
Muradin respective Hellscream in ICC, oppositing faction can attack them!
(Entrance ones)

put them on faction35 flag ?
Where's the list of cross-faction bugs for ICC?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#288 » Post by Errorista » 06 Feb 2017 11:56

Gnurg wrote:
Eronox wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Summon Power!
Muradin respective Hellscream in ICC, oppositing faction can attack them!
(Entrance ones)

put them on faction35 flag ?
Where's the list of cross-faction bugs for ICC?
just gunship is an issue as it seems

Eronox
MVP

#289 » Post by Eronox » 06 Feb 2017 12:02

Gnurg wrote: Where's the list of cross-faction bugs for ICC?
Soon.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

wsucougar07

#290 » Post by wsucougar07 » 07 Feb 2017 01:25

I think it's terrible. Nothing has improved, and if anything, it's caused people to quit TW. I personally know quite a few who have quit. Good job, it's gonna kill the server.

Wilcox

#291 » Post by Wilcox » 08 Feb 2017 16:44

wsucougar07 wrote:I think it's terrible. Nothing has improved, and if anything, it's caused people to quit TW. I personally know quite a few who have quit. Good job, it's gonna kill the server.
why don't you calm down and send nudes of that salty ass

milanlord

#292 » Post by milanlord » 08 Feb 2017 17:50

Wilcox wrote:
wsucougar07 wrote:I think it's terrible. Nothing has improved, and if anything, it's caused people to quit TW. I personally know quite a few who have quit. Good job, it's gonna kill the server.
why don't you calm down and send nudes of that salty ass
But you know what? He's right.

So far the cross faction did more harm than good. It killed alliance pve completely. This directly affected Crit Happens. They can't gather people anymore for raids, cause guess what? At the same time there is horde raid which gives better loot. The only thing that cross faction served so far, is to fill up few empty spots for horde raids or to people to log their alliance alts who got stuck there after Inquisition flow away.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Regent
Tester

#293 » Post by Regent » 08 Feb 2017 19:06

People go where the action is. The only form of active PvE larger than RHC is on Horde now.
(And no I don't count raids that happen once in a week or once in a month whenever some bored DIV or INQ raid leader decides to log TW because of having nothing else to do).

Active PvE ended on Alliance when Divinity and Inquisition ditched the server for GD and AW.
Without crossfaction, this server is nothing more than HordeWoW. Alliance is dead and that is a fact.
We have no real active raiding guilds left and we are no longer an effective force in RBGs and WG either.

WALL OF TEXT IN THE SPOILER:
Spoiler:
Note: I've written this as someone who's been in INQ -> HR -> DIV -> CH and now I'm in my own guild for playing alone for personal reasons.

Try to be objective here.
Let's pretend HR is struggling (like CH is atm) and let's assume CH is in a position that HR currently is in, then it would be HR complaining about everyone joining CH raids because of cross faction. I have been personally told by a certain Alliance individual that CH isn't happy about cross faction due to people flocking to HR raids (which, in turn, has starved CH of enough manpower to make PuG raids when it doesn't have enough manpower in-guild).

However, you can hardly blame crossfaction for this.
As a matter of fact, a long while ago, the situation was reversed. Everyone was joining Divinity / Inquisition raids by re-rolling to Alliance anyway back when HR was struggling to kill LK just once/twice a week during its rivalry with Paramount. There was no cross faction then, only faction-change services. The point being: People go where the action is. No action = People flock elsewhere.

I commend Crit Happens for trying but let's be real here. They're one guild and they can't carry Alliance by themselves.
It takes more than 1 guild to carry the weight of a faction because one guild can't cater to the tastes and needs of every single player on that faction. Crit Happens (being both an entry level raiding guild and a social hangout guild) can cater to levelers, fresh 80s and seasoned 80s that are still gearing up from t9 level to normal tier 10 / non heroic tier 10 level.

However, that doesn't always meet the needs of hardcore raiders / hardcore pvpers / hardcore farmers who put in their time to farming for flasks / fish feasts / drums / potions / scroll buffs / etc to give their guild raids the edge over competitors.
This is especially true in cases where such people want to be in an environment where every single person is fully enchanted / gemmed / specced properly (matter of opinion) and everyone is playing properly at try-hard level to accomplish something in a hard-mode / heroic raid.

To say that PvE was still alive on Alliance - after INQ & DIV left TW - is just a white lie that is intended to make an Alliance player feel better for not re-rolling to Horde to join HR for farming PvE Gear and EOF.
This is where crossfaction comes in.

Crossfaction allows Alliance players to join Horde raids as substitutes for filling in spots in case the Horde guilds can't fill raids on their own.
NEWSFLASH: This was the reality before cross faction even became a thing. The only difference was that instead of joining Horde raids while still playing as Alliance, people simply were re-rolling to Horde first and then joining Horde guild raids. Alliance was bleeding population to Horde side every day (the consequences of which were and STILL ARE visible in both raids and in RBGs) until the staff decided to make Horde to Alliance transfers free again for a brief time (which wasn't enough to be honest, Horde still has a higher population - but whatever).
Take a good look at the current active Horde players and count how many ex-Alliance you can spot.

Here's the reality: Alliance exists right now only to supplement Horde PvE. Why? Because we have no PvE of our own. Why? Because we lost most of our players to either other servers or they rerolled to Horde side anyway.
And by PvE, I mean real PvE that happens on a daily basis, not once a week affair like one RS25n or one ICC 10 heroic 4 boss run or a random ICC 10 normal run that can't even get past professor or sindragosa or a random RS 10 heroic run that can't get past Baltharus the Warborn.

Since Horde isn't always able to fill up its own raids nowdays, the few remaining Alliance players end up becoming a necessity for their raids to proceed since they still have competent raid leaders and BIS geared / Semi BIS geared raiders left with enough know-how on how to proceed.
Unless some new guild happens to transfer to TW on Alliance side or unless by some miracle INQ / Div decide to come back to TW, this will be the status quo of things.
Whether you believe it or not is up to you. It doesn't change facts.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Nyeriah

#294 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Feb 2017 10:35

Crossfaction channels disabled currently 'cause a something something causes technical issues and server wouldn't start up, sort of
Gnurg wrote:...
Check pms

Nyeriah

#295 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Feb 2017 07:59

Should be enabled again at restart

abio

#296 » Post by abio » 28 Feb 2017 04:48

Bgs today were dope, hands down. Wish i could have played more today. :arrowu:

You can take those 3 achieves from that bg away, lol. Pretty sure i already had them but idgaf, lol, I'll get them again.

I would love to see a trial period as was mentioned above, where 1 or 2 days a week is cf bgs to get some hype.

BUT if people are gunna leave due to cf bgs, idk if it's worth it, considering our pop cant rlly take a hit atm xd

and i feel like if we moved into a trial period it would almost be inevitable that eventually it would be permanent.

But tbh i don't really see where the hate is coming from. Example: Milainlord has chars both horde and ally (same with alot of ppl that que bg), and I've seen him que on both, so wtf does it matter what side he gets.

Also it makes you look like the faction even if u ain't (aka i'm undead and get turned into a fag human) so if u rp so much then use a little damn imagination rofl
Deltron
Genelec
Mosdef
Gauge
Blueprint

Nyeriah

#297 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Feb 2017 19:49

Players can't do gunship if the first one to enter the raid is from the opposite faction that the majority of the group (6 alliance, 19 horde, alliance goes in first = raid fucked, vice versa)

Gnurg

#298 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Feb 2017 19:57

Nyeriah wrote:Players can't do gunship if the first one to enter the raid is from the opposite faction that the majority of the group (6 alliance, 19 horde, alliance goes in first = raid fucked, vice versa)
Eronox wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Where's the list of cross-faction bugs for ICC?
Soon.
Kind of been waiting for the bug list for a while. ^_^
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Eronox
MVP

#299 » Post by Eronox » 28 Feb 2017 19:59

Gnurg wrote: Kind of been waiting for the bug list for a while. ^_^
I know and I'm sorry. Just had a few things to address prior to the list.
It's in due, a hour or so.

- J.R Cash

Gnurg

#300 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Feb 2017 20:01

Eronox wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Kind of been waiting for the bug list for a while. ^_^
I know and I'm sorry. Just had a few things to address prior to the list.
It's in due, a hour or so.
No rush and don't worry about it. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE