Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

NoblestHeart
Donor

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#16 » Post by NoblestHeart » 30 Nov 2016 07:00

Gnurg wrote:Over on PrimalWoW they've had cross-faction for a while now and it appears to be working out fine. They manage to run 40 man raids daily (often multiple at the same time), which is quite impressive considering they've overall had a lower population than TrueWoW. I can admit that people, of different faction, do get along better over on PW, but I believe the players on TW would eventually grow to enjoy each other's company.

I think (not sure!) you only have to change one setting in the server's config file to enable/disable cross-faction.

What would cross-faction imply?
  • Chat would be understandable by all factions (maybe only channels and group channels, not /say)
  • You could form groups with members of all factions, allowing for cross-faction raids
  • Guilds can have members of all factions
  • Arena teams? - bit unsure, but I believe PW has it like that.
What would it not imply? Some problems?
  • Vault of Archavon has conditions for the Alliance/Horde loot, how would these work if there were both Horde and Alliance in the group]?
  • Trial of the Champion/Crusader has an Alliance and Horde version of an encounter. How would this work? Remove ToCh from RHC?
The big question: Can you leave behind the grudge of the other faction, to make room for a greater PvE (and maybe PvP?) environment? Reminder: You can always choose to /ignore players you find very disturbing.
+1 from me. I think the PvP server really needs this for PvE most of the lvl 80's just do bgs and ICC/VOA. Really no one at end game to queue dungeons with on either faction during the times I play.

mcheka

#17 » Post by mcheka » 30 Nov 2016 07:23

Removed my original post. Not voting either way.
Last edited by mcheka on 30 Nov 2016 07:23, edited 2 times in total.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Roel
Founder

#18 » Post by Roel » 30 Nov 2016 08:24

To be clear PrimalWoW doesn't have cross-faction in PvP. BGs & arena would require a custom implementation. But it makes the biggest difference in dungeons and raids anyway, where you will basically be able to get double the amount of players.

Regent
Tester

#19 » Post by Regent » 30 Nov 2016 09:24

Frankly speaking, this should've been done while there was still a chance to gain the most of out of it, when the population was "higher" (and I use that term lightly).
Amorian suggested it but it was met with fierce opposition: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35549
There's barely enough people remaining now. Even if we were to have this now, the combined amount of people barely matches up with the amount of people available before.
Once peak hours are over (between 7-8 PM Paris time to 12 AM Paris time), the server almost becomes a ghost town with dead chat channels and almost no RDF / RBG queues (or insanely lop-sided queues in the case of RBGs like 1-3 Allies and 10-15 for example).

I'm all for it, as I stated earlier, but this should have been taken seriously at an earlier time.
As much as I hate to say it, this suggestion may end up becoming a case of "too little, too late."
Should've struck while the iron was still hot.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Relina

#20 » Post by Relina » 30 Nov 2016 09:58

Regent wrote: As much as I hate to say it, this suggestion may end up becoming a case of "too little, too late."
Still better late than never, so +1 from me too.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Gnurg

#21 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Nov 2016 10:21

Regent wrote: As much as I hate to say it, this suggestion may end up becoming a case of "too little, too late."
I agree that this should have been done much earlier, but as Relina said, better late than sorry.

What's fun, is that many of the players who claimed cross-faction would be the end of the server in that thread you linked, are now encouraging people to transfer to other private servers, because TrueWoW "is dead". :|
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Cocopuffs
Donor

#22 » Post by Cocopuffs » 30 Nov 2016 10:24

idk why this wasnt implemented earlier, i wanna shit on sickbrain even if i'm horde :(

edit:

On a serious note, cross faction RHC's, BGs or even raids, would probably cut down the salt by half on most players that take the game too seriously and get mad at L's :D

milanlord

#23 » Post by milanlord » 30 Nov 2016 12:04

Instead of making suggestions which led us to where we are right now starting from transmog, better put more effort in convincing your friends to come back. HR regrouped again, Divinity is rading again slowly, and there are few more guilds on both sides(Crit Happens, Few, RoTS) that are raiding + the winter is coming, so I think give us a chance to see how it will work, if the population stays the same by the spring, you can have my +1 until than its -1.
P.S. I am up for cross faction RDF, but nothing else than that for now.
Also you said you don't raid at all so why do you care about this? If you like cross faction, keep playing on PW. Omegawow had this enabled cause they didn't have any other choice and we still have some.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Sagiri
Donor

#24 » Post by Sagiri » 30 Nov 2016 12:31

All the things, changes, suggestions... too little, too late, in general.
Rejected while they could make sense, suddenly seem like good ideas.

But it`s good to start preparing for the cross faction as it would hit us eventually either way...
You know, last remaining fossils around big campfire and such.
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

NoblestHeart
Donor

#25 » Post by NoblestHeart » 30 Nov 2016 12:37

Making suggestions actually get people somewhere, if they try hard enough. If people wanted to come back, they would of done so on their own without input from others. Right now the population is small and shrinking, I think the server needs every little thing it can get.

Nyeriah

#26 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Nov 2016 12:46

If suggestions were rejected before, in special this, it was because they were judged not reasonable for the time they were suggested.

Regent
Tester

#27 » Post by Regent » 30 Nov 2016 13:41

milanlord wrote: Also you said you don't raid at all so why do you care about this? If you like cross faction, keep playing on PW. Omegawow had this enabled cause they didn't have any other choice and we still have some.
Dude, no offense and with all due respect - if you don't know the facts (like about Omega's reasons for doing so) then please refrain from commenting about it.
You make it sound like TW actually has a choice. Look where that choice has led the server. You don't need glasses to see what's in plain sight.
One cannot convince another to come back to a "dead" server without some incentive that would make it appealing to come back - because the moment they log back in and notice the same problems (which made them quit), they just leave again.
(The word "dead" here is relative and open to interpretation).

Try making a raid during non-peak hours. Try joining the RDF queue during non-peak hours. Try joining RBG during non-peak hours. This is not just aimed at you, btw. This is aimed at all the naysayers who oppose this without providing any hard facts or supporting arguments and just throwing in a cheap "no" or "no ty".

Look at the current server's status and then tell me it's alive enough to justify forcing people to wait hours for RBG or RDF or raids until peak hours kick in. It's unfair to those who have put a lot of time into their characters but can't enjoy them anymore because their own time zone isn't lined up with the server's peak hours (with work or school or other RL stuff getting in the way).
Last edited by Regent on 30 Nov 2016 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

milanlord

#28 » Post by milanlord » 30 Nov 2016 13:50

Idk, as much as I am up for xfaction the same amount I am against, cause on Omegawow. we really had a good community, we worked as a team. You know with 30 people online, we were doing all kind of 10 man raids. Here on TW, idk if it will work the same,especially when some people who would work together are gone now on both factions.

I still think we should wait a bit longer, but if the majority is for to enable it now, then it should be like that. Though this is how it went on Omegawow: They fixed WG, released RS(or was it first RS then WG not sure about this part), enabled transmog, enabled xfaction, server shut down. You could see the similarity and where is this going. Lucky we have PW who has stable pop and I'm sure TW won't be shut down until PW is alive.

The only way to get population back is to ask your friends to come back or to make some interesting event that with which we could advertise our server. Also I still think our advertise sucks.

@ Regent I'm sorry your time zone doesn't match the server ones,but that's the population thing not the xfaction or anything else.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Regent
Tester

#29 » Post by Regent » 30 Nov 2016 14:14

TrueWoW has more content fixed and working properly than Omegawow could've ever hoped to achieve (given that TW has multiple developers whereas Omegawow had none that were worthy of being referred to as developers).

The fact that Omega decided to suddenly fix (and by fix I mean copy fixes from TrinityCore that other servers submitted) the important stuff and release raids WAY before the proper time did not help matters (especially when everything was bugged worse than Windows ME and was being abused left and right by certain guilds before fixes).

The similarity has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's merely a coincidence and a very unfortunate one at that.
Those custom changes there was the result of Maestro's desperate attempts to keep his remaining population after the shitstorm that Omega went through. I'll put it in a spoiler below in case some of you like drama.
Spoiler:
The fact is that it was GD that murdered Omegawow's population by sending every single person a personal email invite to leave Omegawow and join GD (I still have it sitting in my email from 8.21.2013 - here: http://imgur.com/a/Ujkbr ) - while Kain came bragging on Omega's forum about hacking their database and publishing everyone's registered email. And let's not forget the fact that Omega had JUST recovered from a major DDoS attack by TrentDDoS which made the population drop from 1200 to 400-500 within 2 weeks afterward.
Omega already had enough problems (raids released at bad times, donation gear pissing off people, massive amount of bugs and not to mention corruption within the staff). The fact that the DDoS attack happened and then 75% of the population decided to go to GD DID NOT help things at all and just added fire to a lot of fuel that was already spilled all over the place on Omega.
Considering the sheep mentality of some people, it takes just mere common sense to realize that those people would instantly leave after an incident like that. The same kind of people have bailed out from TW as well, albeit for different reasons but just as trivial in nature.
People won't come back if they have no incentive to return. The moment they see that the same problems which made them quit are still there, they will alt-f4 out faster than you can blink. At least faster queue times and easier raid formation puts something on the table for them to consider returning to TW.
And Milan, for goodness sake I'm not talking about my own time zone here. In case you didn't notice this server has people from all over the world and not everyone can afford to play between 7 PM to 12 AM (Paris time). Broaden your perspective.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

milanlord

#30 » Post by milanlord » 30 Nov 2016 15:05

Regent i know everything about Omega and what happend and stuff, but I am telling from my own experience as a new player. When there was that wave of transfers to Truewow, I accepted to be part of that I transferred my shaman(got everything what I had on Omegawow) but the atmosphere and community on TW is pure cancer it can't get any worse than this, cause people will bash you and try anything they could just to stop you from doing anything good(not all of them ofc) so I transferred shaman back to Omega and I had more fun with 30 people online(later on xfaction was enabled) than around 400 which was in that time on TW.

People won't come back cause TW has xfaction, cause mostly no one cares about gear on TW, we are all almost bis geared, people nowadays play cause of their friends. The only reason I am still on TW is that I decided this will be my last server on which I will play this game and that I still have friends with whom I enjoy playing.

Also once again, GM's please start posting monthly pvp leader board on FB again, Nyeriah should continue with her event of randomly taking SS's from game and posting FB or some other GM if she's too busy, that's the thing we need to show people there is something going on this server.

I still think we have a bigger chances of getting people back by doing some kind of event or trying to revive some guilds in where people enjoyed playing like we are trying now with Divinity, rather than changing game mehanics or something. I understand what you are saying and I can understand you, your best time for playing is when the population is the shittiest(and not yours ofc there are a lot more people there who play at servers 1 am +).

Its obvious we have different views of what should be done, lets leave it on that, and see what others think too, if the majority wants this now its fine I will respect that, but that won't change my opinion on this matter.