Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Eronox
MVP

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#301 » Post by Eronox » 28 Feb 2017 21:18

CrossFaction Bugs Breakdown
Icecrown Citadel
In all majority there are not so many issues caused by this new, awesome, feature! The few bugs addressed are merely ones who would be gamebreaking for ones gaming experience yet doable in most of the cases. There has however been incidents where the raid required a staff's assistance in order to proceed. And this, my friends, is only being noticed to the GunShip Battle, but also a bit to the saurfang encounter too!

HORDE
The scenarios is written in horde-perspective, but the same effect relates to the opposite faction. Example, Saurfang for horde and Muradin for alliances. (Raid-Version)
A list is presented, including the scenarios and indicators of changes to the fights.

Gunship Battle - Informational
  • Saurfang kills Alliances :cross:
  • Alliance can't help killing the Mage :cross:
  • Alliance Tanks can not tank Muradin :cross:
  • Alliance's can not attack the Adds on the Horde-Ship. If too few horde-players :cross:
  • If both tanks are alliance, it's undoable! ... Unless some horde goes tank. :cross:
  • If there are too few Horde-DPS's, it's undoable! ... Unless some Alliance logs horde toon. :cross:
Saurfang - Informational
  • Saurfang can be attacked by either faction, we like that! :tick:
  • At least ONE alliance player has always to die in order to progress! See Annotation below. (*) :cross:
  • If Saurfang gets aggroed by an alliance player under the encounter, EVERYONE will be bugged in combat! :cross:
  • Since /s is not available for opposite faction, newbie tankers will have a hard time and raid will be enraged! This goes for the whole instance, actually. :cross:
(*) [hide]skybreakers will attack alliances. If one alliance goes in and soak them, dies and get revived, it can then be started. 99% of the time, it's more than one player who gets beaten to death because of this![/hide]

Rest of the instance works just fine, as I've noticed. The reason for this late, very late, report is because I wanted to clear icc on both 10m and 25m more than twice to ensure I have not missed any major part. Also, a lot with the title of mine has kept me busy from actually finishing this report. I had more plans, such as PTR indepth testing with talents, totems and races. But seems like the ultimate thing to do is to await till someone actually notices issues within these areas, if any.

I do sincerely apologize for the lateness in this, as my personality would refer to being dedicated as I've not shown to be during this project. Nevertheless, I think I covered the major parts who people complain about and who does indeed makes one gaming-experience an annoying one. They are few, but really making one to fly off the handle.

Hope this would be useful, in anyway!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Wilcox

#302 » Post by Wilcox » 28 Feb 2017 21:52

okay so I have a possible fix for this whole crossfaction mess in ICC.

blizzlike fangirls, don't read, it will grind your gears
Spoiler:
so, when we enter battlegrounds, we get morphed into alliance / horde depending on what we aren't. right? why not do that in icc too? so if the raid leader is horde, morph allies into blood elves or something, if it works that way of course. if it indeed does count as valid logic, this fixes literally every issue brought with crossfaction

Nyeriah

#303 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Feb 2017 21:54

I think it wouldn't matter, AV npcs for example had to be changed to be attacked by both. One could try it though.

Gnurg

#304 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Feb 2017 22:01

Can't we just set the faction for the npcs when the instance is loaded? Seems a lot easier than mixing in the fake race stuff.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#305 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Feb 2017 22:04

Gnurg wrote:Can't we just set the faction for the npcs when the instance is loaded? Seems a lot easier than mixing in the fake race stuff.
Isn't that basically what already happens?

Gnurg

#306 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Feb 2017 22:10

Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Can't we just set the faction for the npcs when the instance is loaded? Seems a lot easier than mixing in the fake race stuff.
Isn't that basically what already happens?
I suppose, so just change them to factions that would work with the raid depending on who entered first.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

leonthechecka

#307 » Post by leonthechecka » 04 Mar 2017 12:19

It'd help a lot with things like BGs for the alliance because the alliance seems very empty.

Eronox
MVP

#308 » Post by Eronox » 04 Mar 2017 12:52

leonthechecka wrote:It'd help a lot with things like BGs for the alliance because the alliance seems very empty.
TW:
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=37129&start=75

PW:
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=37144

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Eronox
MVP

#310 » Post by Eronox » 02 Apr 2017 12:12

Eronox wrote:
28 Feb 2017 21:18
CrossFaction Bugs Breakdown
Icecrown Citadel
In all majority there are not so many issues caused by this new, awesome, feature! The few bugs addressed are merely ones who would be gamebreaking for ones gaming experience yet doable in most of the cases. There has however been incidents where the raid required a staff's assistance in order to proceed. And this, my friends, is only being noticed to the GunShip Battle, but also a bit to the saurfang encounter too!

HORDE
The scenarios is written in horde-perspective, but the same effect relates to the opposite faction. Example, Saurfang for horde and Muradin for alliances. (Raid-Version)
A list is presented, including the scenarios and indicators of changes to the fights.

Gunship Battle - Informational
  • Saurfang kills Alliances :cross:
  • Alliance can't help killing the Mage :cross:
  • Alliance Tanks can not tank Muradin :cross:
  • Alliance's can not attack the Adds on the Horde-Ship. If too few horde-players :cross:
  • If both tanks are alliance, it's undoable! ... Unless some horde goes tank. :cross:
  • If there are too few Horde-DPS's, it's undoable! ... Unless some Alliance logs horde toon. :cross:
Saurfang - Informational
  • Saurfang can be attacked by either faction, we like that! :tick:
  • At least ONE alliance player has always to die in order to progress! See Annotation below. (*) :cross:
  • If Saurfang gets aggroed by an alliance player under the encounter, EVERYONE will be bugged in combat! :cross:
  • Since /s is not available for opposite faction, newbie tankers will have a hard time and raid will be enraged! This goes for the whole instance, actually. :cross:
(*) [hide]skybreakers will attack alliances. If one alliance goes in and soak them, dies and get revived, it can then be started. 99% of the time, it's more than one player who gets beaten to death because of this![/hide]

Rest of the instance works just fine, as I've noticed. The reason for this late, very late, report is because I wanted to clear icc on both 10m and 25m more than twice to ensure I have not missed any major part. Also, a lot with the title of mine has kept me busy from actually finishing this report. I had more plans, such as PTR indepth testing with talents, totems and races. But seems like the ultimate thing to do is to await till someone actually notices issues within these areas, if any.

I do sincerely apologize for the lateness in this, as my personality would refer to being dedicated as I've not shown to be during this project. Nevertheless, I think I covered the major parts who people complain about and who does indeed makes one gaming-experience an annoying one. They are few, but really making one to fly off the handle.

Hope this would be useful, in anyway!
bump

- J.R Cash

Xtremest

#311 » Post by Xtremest » 16 Apr 2017 08:38

I hesitate to log in my rogue now days, now I don't want to play as a draenei rogue :/
is that bug is still active ?

Xtreme the king of kings.
Answer me a question, I need a complete and honest answer: Is it painful to be stupid? Or are you too stupid to feel it? It's a really simple question. -Royo-

SquishyTomato

#312 » Post by SquishyTomato » 24 May 2017 08:10

Is cross-faction sticking around for TBC?

Eronox
MVP

#313 » Post by Eronox » 24 May 2017 13:46

SquishyTomato wrote:
24 May 2017 08:10
Is cross-faction sticking around for TBC?
Yes, and this thread is TW specific.
Moving to accepted, long overdue

- J.R Cash