Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Gnurg

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#151 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Dec 2016 01:46

x00er00 wrote:To the matter at hand i cast my vote as a + 1 for x faction.
Now on to the second matter : Ragnorak
If you ever felt that Inquisition was helped by Gms why didn't you or any of your cronies reported the culprits ( supposed culprits that is ) to Roel ? Where you afraid you where going to make fool of yourselves ? Acts of abusing GM power - when you can't reach the grapes you will say that they are sour ... name those acts and don't forget to bring proof....
Divinity left the server due to Rohan the crazy ego and greed not due to harassment.....
We destroyed the Alliance ? Alliance was holding on a hope and a prayer long before inquisition breathed new life into the PvE and the PvP of Truewow... the factors that destroyed the alliance did not originate within the Inquisition or because of what
we did... so cast the blame somewhere else ... maybe in the horde's yard ?
Name one raid we abused..... you are spewing baseless claims in order to start drama .... Fact is we are better at PvE then HR will ever hope to be .... you where the ones who got RF: Light of Dawn by abusing a half scripted LK25hc :p you have amnesia and you forget how you got that ?
As a lot of GMS said time and again you don't deserve those RF's you got ...
When HR will get 28 in a row lk25 hc kills and on top of those 1 more full icc 25hc without a buff run and posts the pertinent filmed proof then you can dare to say you are our equals. Until then you are just barking Ragnorak and no one is listening.....You know full well you will never be able to do that .
We have no illusions of grandeur we had bested all content there was to defeat from Naxx to RS25hc ... can you claim the same ? last i heard Virdo neeed some tips and alot of wipes to get to kill poor old Halion.
We have our reasons for which we went away ... but is amusing to see that Arock , Arnis and you of all ppls are crawling out of the sewers ... where were you all when HR needed you ? ....nowhere to be found...
Gnurg is a lapdog ? no Ragnorak the only lapdog that is thrown some morsels out of the HR raiding table is you Ragnoak and you are sent over to the forums so you can bark and prove your loyalty to your masters.
You are just adding fuel to the fire, nor is this relevant to the topic. Ragnarok did make some over the top accusastions, but they were atleast related to the topic.
If you're only here, because his post triggered you, I suggest you stay off the forum. Go join Inquisition over at Atlantiss instead.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Ragnorak
Donor

#152 » Post by Ragnorak » 19 Dec 2016 01:55

Oh boy I don't even know where to begin with this...
x00er00 wrote: If you ever felt that Inquisition was helped by Gms why didn't you or any of your cronies reported the culprits ( supposed culprits that is ) to Roel ? Where you afraid you where going to make fool of yourselves ? Acts of abusing GM power - when you can't reach the grapes you will say that they are sour ... name those acts and don't forget to bring proof....
Divinity left the server due to Rohan the crazy ego and greed not due to harassment.....
First of all I was gone from the server for almost a year due to internal conflicts in Hellraisers as a result of Arnis's ascent to guild leadership. So I wasn't even online during the time when Inquisition was using GM powers to abuse and harass but you can bet your dumb ass that if I was online I would've called out the whole lot of you cheating scum. Rohan didnt leave because of his ego, he left because he went to the GMs to transfer Divinity to the Horde because of the harassment that Divinity had to suffer through with Palamaster as GM, when the staff didnt discipline Palamaster in a timely manner or give Divinity the transfer they wanted they left and who can blame them? If a rival guild member was using staff powers to harass my raid I wouldn't tolerate it as well. So don't act all high and mighty when your guild has already been tainted with acts like this.
x00er00 wrote:We destroyed the Alliance ? Alliance was holding on a hope and a prayer long before inquisition breathed new life into the PvE and the PvP of Truewow... the factors that destroyed the alliance did not originate within the Inquisition or because of what
we did... so cast the blame somewhere else ... maybe in the horde's yard ?
Jesus fucking christ this is exactly what I'm talking about about the self-inflated delusions of grandeur lol because only Inquisition breathed life into PvE and PvP and I guess Divinity was what chopped liver? That doesn't really seem to add up seeing how all these balance issues starting coming up after Divinity left. The alliance had Divinity and Inquisition keeping it stable until your guild eventually pushed Divinity too far off the edge and chased them away. You want to blame the Horde for the Alliance's shortcomings? Please explain how the Horde chased Divinity away from TrueWoW you fucking imbecile.

x00er00 wrote:Name one raid we abused..... you are spewing baseless claims in order to start drama .... Fact is we are better at PvE then HR will ever hope to be .... you where the ones who got RF: Light of Dawn by abusing a half scripted LK25hc :p you have amnesia and you forget how you got that ?
As a lot of GMS said time and again you don't deserve those RF's you got ...
When HR will get 28 in a row lk25 hc kills and on top of those 1 more full icc 25hc without a buff run and posts the pertinent filmed proof then you can dare to say you are our equals. Until then you are just barking Ragnorak and no one is listening.....You know full well you will never be able to do that .
How about the fact that you guys used to constantly abuse the Nelf racial and starting ressing people mid-encounter? This is common knowledge don't dispute this. Ye I guess you guys are better at PvE then, it's not like we killed LK25HC 4 times in 1 week, I guess we just made those numbers up lol. Maybe the scripting wasn't perfect but we still downed LK25HC consistently even after the fixes were implemented. So that argument you brought up is moot. And I guess the RF's for Algalon/Yogg Saron don't count as well? Even though u guys were stuck trying to figure out how to kill Mimiron on Hard Mode lol. And Magic Seeker Realm first I guess counted 100% nothing to dispute there? Lol pointing out the flaws in ur argument is fucking child's play.

x00er00 wrote:We have no illusions of grandeur

Lol k
x00er00 wrote:but is amusing to see that Arock , Arnis and you of all ppls are crawling out of the sewers ... where were you all when HR needed you ? ....nowhere to be found....
Literally I can't even begin to respond to this since you don't even know what you're talking about lol. I forgot Arnis was on our side the entire time rofl
x00er00 wrote: Ragnorak the only lapdog that is thrown some morsels out of the HR raiding table is you Ragnoak and you are sent over to the forums so you can bark and prove your loyalty to your masters.
Ye my masters lol, it's funny since the way I helped set HR up was to have Senior officers be on equal standing to the Guild leader but I guess somewhere along the line I ended up just answering to these hypothetical masters lol.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Ragnorak
Donor

#153 » Post by Ragnorak » 19 Dec 2016 02:13

I almost forgot to address another point brought up...
x00er00 wrote: Acts of abusing GM power - when you can't reach the grapes you will say that they are sour ... name those acts and don't forget to bring proof....
Ye so I guess Palamaster was truly one of TW's greatest staff members untarnished and untainted. I guess the accusations made against him harassing Divinity raids were also baseless despite the fact that Palamaster is demoted as a result of his actions and Divinity left as a result of his actions. What more proof do you want? Want me to take a SS of an Alliance GM abusing in an Alliance raid while im on the Horde? It's cute how you try to defend the acts of your guild members despite the fact that everyone knows the shady shit Inquisition pulled.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

Brennus

#154 » Post by Brennus » 19 Dec 2016 02:17

Ragnorak wrote:It is just so rich that Gnurg of all people otherwise known as Inquisition's lapdog is the one to suggest cross faction without even acknowledging that she was one of the causes of the problems in the first place
Ragnorak wrote:... and we (the Horde) are the ones forced to suffer the consequences of ally incompetence and greed.
x00er00 wrote:Until then you are just barking ...
x00er00 wrote:you are spewing baseless claims in order to start drama .... Fact is we are better at PvE then HR will ever hope to be

Sad to see how a suggestion could become such a flame war.
Gnurg is just trying to help, you guys don't need to be toxic about that...
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Ragnorak
Donor

#155 » Post by Ragnorak » 19 Dec 2016 02:27

To be clear I was addressing the reason why this became an issue in the first place and that is primarily Inquisition. I will retract what I said about Gnurg being Inquisition's lapdog since that was uncalled for, I did not know how involved she was during Palamaster's tenure and during Inquisitions blatant abuse of his GM powers I just made an assumption. Maybe Gnurg does want to help but this suggestion is not going to do anything to solve it. This is a half measure, Gnurg just said that this should be implemented in a way so that Cross Faction is a setting you can turn off/on. That makes no sense since she also advocated in her first post to have cross faction guilds if someone turns the settings on they can join an opposing faction guild but what if all other people in the guild have it off what happens then? And if it is a setting then why would the Horde want to turn the settings on. As a guild officer I have an obligation to look after my guild members and not the Alliance. We had 42 people online today and there are only 25 raid slots. Why would Hellraisers ever take in Alliance members? There is no reason to do so. This may work for low level RDFs but other than that this suggestion wont fix anything that Inquisition broke in the first place.
So do forgive me if I take anything that an Inquisition member says with a grain of salt because after the damage they've caused out of petty greed I feel like I am more than justified to ignore the whole lot of them and wish all of them a speedy exodus to Atlantiss.
Last edited by Ragnorak on 19 Dec 2016 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

Nyeriah

#156 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Dec 2016 02:34

Ragnorak wrote: This is a half measure, Gnurg just said that this should be implemented in a way so that Cross Faction is a setting you can turn off/on. That makes no sense since she also advocated in her first post to have cross faction guilds if someone turns the settings on they can join an opposing faction guild but what if all other people in the guild have it off what happens then? And if it is a setting then why would the Horde want to turn the settings on.
She didn't mean it as a setting that players can turn on individually, it's a global server setting that can be turned on and off "easily", that's what she meant.

Gnurg

#157 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Dec 2016 02:39

Ragnorak wrote:To be clear I was addressing the reason why this became an issue in the first place and that is primarily Inquisition. I will retract what I said about Gnurg being Inquisition's lapdog since that was uncalled for, I did not know how involved she was during Palamaster's tenure and during Inquisitions blatant abuse of his GM powers I just made an assumption. Maybe Gnurg does want to help but this suggestion is not going to do anything to solve it. This is a half measure, Gnurg just said that this should be implemented in a way so that Cross Faction is a setting you can turn off/on. That makes no sense since she also advocated in her first post to have cross faction guilds if someone turns the settings on they can join an opposing faction guild but what if all other people in the guild have it off what happens then? And if it is a setting then why would the Horde want to turn the settings on. As a guild officer I have an obligation to look after my guild members and not the Alliance. We had 42 people online today and there are only 25 raid slots. Why would Hellraisers ever take in Alliance members? There is no reason to do so. This may work for low level RDFs but other than that this suggestion wont fix anything that Inquisition broke in the first place.

It's already implemented. Nyeriah did point out that it was possible to choose what to cross-faction, so it's highly customisble through on/off settings. It's possible to allow only one channel to be cross faction, while all other communciation (besides party/raid) would not be cross faction (i.e. no cross faction guild).

What I really want in the end, which they've 'promised' PrimalWoW, is cross-faction PvP, but before we get there, we can take this step by step. RDF is the first step, next would be the possibility to group up and one cross-faction channel, but one step at the time.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Ragnorak
Donor

#158 » Post by Ragnorak » 19 Dec 2016 02:51

Gnurg wrote: It's already implemented. Nyeriah did point out that it was possible to choose what to cross-faction, so it's highly customisble through on/off settings. It's possible to allow only one channel to be cross faction, while all other communciation (besides party/raid) would not be cross faction (i.e. no cross faction guild).

What I really want in the end, which they've 'promised' PrimalWoW, is cross-faction PvP, but before we get there, we can take this step by step. RDF is the first step, next would be the possibility to group up and one cross-faction channel, but one step at the time.

First of all the only feasible thing cross faction can fix will be to lower que times for low level players and even then that's not a guarantee because there simply are little to no low levels on either faction. You want cross-faction PvP? I want you to leave TW like all your other Inquisition buddies then lol. The point of Battlegrounds is for the Horde to go up against the Alliance, I'm not interested in getting put onto a team of Alliance players only to go up against my friends on the Horde. But the reality of what will actually happen is you will get more BGs everyday of only Horde vs Horde BGs because the allies have never queued at the rate the Horde did even when the Horde had less people. And in that scenario I say no thank you. If I wanted to do Horde vs Horde PvP I would just que for Arenas. This would work if there was a Rated Battleground system but WotLK does not have that therefore it cannot be implemented here on TW.

If you're thinking is that it will solve the issue that the allies aren't raiding it wont. Hellraisers won't be inviting any ally members to our raids or to our guild for that matter simply because we have an obligation to our current members. How am I supposed to tell my guild members that they can't join RS25HC or ICC25HC because their spot has been taken up by an Ally? I might as well just tell them to go fuck themselves at that point and that their loyalty and dedication to the guild doesn't matter anymore. Raiders on the Storm also has the same obligation to their current members as well but I cant speak for RotS. What will most likely happen in this scenario is that you guys will probably take some leftover Horde PUGs and the end result wont be great anyways because that's just the reality of Pugging.

Arockalypse
Donor

#159 » Post by Arockalypse » 19 Dec 2016 03:08

x00er00 wrote:we have our reasons for which we went away ... but is amusing to see that Arock , Arnis and you of all ppls are crawling out of the sewers ... where were you all when HR needed you ? ....nowhere to be found...

Allright it's clear that you have no idea what was going on.
Just to shed some light on the situation
Ragnorak and I were both away from game.
Arnis had our guild's lead and many of our raiders were scattered around or away from server.
Some even went with ya'll to cataclysm.

My opinion concerning the topic was stated previously under both this account and Garadan.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

andriuspel
Former Staff

#160 » Post by andriuspel » 19 Dec 2016 04:39

Last posts actually are semi like racism style... That you made funny obligations for your guilds or your guild has strong community, it doesn't mean that other people can't create similar level community with mixed faction players and become same quality guilds, just get more toleration for both sides :P. Just toxic community guilds and toxic players destroys this server more than real server bugs, issues. For example full spams in past how divinity guild members are bad and similar in LFG channel (personally i know many divinity players and i didn't seen anything wrong with them).

This base suggestion actually is about crossfaction where some low pop issues like as in PVE ones could be temporally fixed. I'm not changing my mind and i'm against this since its not blizzlike.

Another thing which also is destroying this server, there's no real ingame moderation, players moves "drunk" scenes into general channels (LFG mostly) or speeches/cries how bad server is...

I would suggest disable faction change to horde for some time to temporally suspend players migration from ally to horde, cause many are speaking about it... or overally disable whole faction change thing and in time alliance will get its reserves...
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Ragnorak
Donor

#161 » Post by Ragnorak » 19 Dec 2016 04:51

andriuspel wrote:Last posts actually are semi like racism style...
lol inb4 this topic becomes a debate about Alliance immigration and how we should build a wall
andriuspel wrote:I would suggest disable faction change to horde for some time to temporally suspend players migration from ally to horde, cause many are speaking about it... or overally disable whole faction change thing and in time alliance will get its reserves...
I am highly supportive of this measure. It has been done in the past and it was effective in the past. Bar people from transferring to the Horde, and make faction changes to the alliance free of charge.

Brennus

#162 » Post by Brennus » 19 Dec 2016 04:57

Disable the whole faction change service is not a good idea since that can backfire, as that's one of the reasons most people vote/donate anyway.

Keep in mind that voting helps with the population issue (as, in theory, the more votes the better the server is compared to others on those lists - yes, I know some of those lists are rigged), and donating helps keeping the server up and running.

As Ragnorak suggested though, making faction transfers from Horde to Alliance cheaper could help.

[hr=20][/hr]
Edit: typos.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

andriuspel
Former Staff

#163 » Post by andriuspel » 19 Dec 2016 05:08

anyways if this would be applied (crossplatform) thing? would it be permenant or might in future will turned off on higher pop (just thoughts)?
same question goes for rhc locking.
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

testeromir

#164 » Post by testeromir » 19 Dec 2016 10:35

Seeing what is being said here by x00er00, I decided to clear things up a bit in this topic http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36718
Now, on topic, I vote +1 for RDF and PvE crossfaction. That can help low level ppl level up and can help pugs raid more. If Hellraisers policy is not to invite Alliance ppl to raids thats their thing and I respect that. But PvE can get better for other ppl.
About pvp, well pvp is joke here anyway, number of pvp fixes in recent years speaks for itself, I don't see what will PvP crossfaction do regarding that.
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan