Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Tenebro
Honorary Member

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#76 » Post by Tenebro » 11 Dec 2016 23:57

like tw is any good anyway, wg is a mess with plenty of bugs ioc/av are happening maybe once a month or so and the staff seems busy for the next years fixing primal wow untill it reaches 3.3.5

tinyclaw

#77 » Post by tinyclaw » 12 Dec 2016 01:37

A resounding NO, and I'll explain why:

1. One of the main reasons people play on private servers is to get as close to the original experience of WoW before it was watered down to a shadow of its former self. While Burning Crusade did little, if anything, to enhance the once great faction rivalry, it wouldn't do TrueWow any credit to compromise yet another feature to water down a once crucial aspect.

2. Personally, I can't stand Alliance. I ENJOY hating Alliance. I find it bad enough having to play alongside little pink fairies (blood elves, they call them), but I will not tolerate gnomes and night elves. If I wanted to play alongside Alliance I would have rolled Alliance.

3. Many of the people playing TrueWow, and enjoying it, will not be aware of such a drastic change and will very likely miss out on having their say; they'll find, all of a sudden, that they are in a cross-faction hell they don't want to be part of.

Please, keep WoW WoW, and don't compromise its original integrity.

FOR THE HORDE!

Longi

#78 » Post by Longi » 12 Dec 2016 01:42

tinyclaw wrote:A resounding NO, and I'll explain why:

1. One of the main reasons people play on private servers is to get as close to the original experience of WoW before it was watered down to a shadow of its former self. While Burning Crusade did little, if anything, to enhance the once great faction rivalry, it wouldn't do TrueWow any credit to compromise yet another feature to water down a once crucial aspect.

2. Personally, I can't stand Alliance. I ENJOY hating Alliance. I find it bad enough having to play alongside little pink fairies (blood elves, they call them), but I will not tolerate gnomes and night elves. If I wanted to play alongside Alliance I would have rolled Alliance.

3. Many of the people playing TrueWow, and enjoying it, will not be aware of such a drastic change and will very likely miss out on having their say; they'll find, all of a sudden, that they are in a cross-faction hell they don't want to be part of.

Please, keep WoW WoW, and don't compromise its original integrity.

FOR THE HORDE!
Little peon spoke :D

Brennus

#79 » Post by Brennus » 12 Dec 2016 01:53

Tenebro wrote:ioc/av are happening maybe once a month or so
Why is it happening only once a month or so???
Because of the population.

While cross-faction may not help it increase, it may help stop its downfall by keeping people active.

tinyclaw wrote:...
And what? I can't stand Taurens and Humans, and I still have to see them all over Dalaran.
Does that mean I should play Vanilla???
If you think about it, Dalaran was supposed to be an Alliance only town (according to the lore). But because of reasons, Blizzard decided it would be nice to have a WotLK version of Shattrath.

Now, what should I do? Play Primal until TBC ends and then find another server???
Please.

The first time I ever played this game, I started as Horde. What happened, you may ask: I grew out of this shit! Dude, it's just a freaking game!
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Garadan

Re: RE: Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#80 » Post by Garadan » 12 Dec 2016 02:02

tinyclaw wrote:I ENJOY hating Alliance. I find it bad enough having to play alongside little pink fairies (blood elves, they call them), but I will not tolerate gnomes and night elves. If I wanted to play alongside Alliance I would have rolled Alliance.
Couldn't have said it any better
I totally dislike the idea, it will ruin the rivalry which is a big part of the game.

Don't get me wrong even if it will ruin my game I'm gonna enjoy that crossfaction on my own way, but I'd hate to see people who we getting back recently, leaving again along others because of this.

I've said it before, this ain't gonna do bring back anyone, it's pointless.
Merge us or find us a new home.
Garadan from Garadar.

Ratmout
Donor

#81 » Post by Ratmout » 12 Dec 2016 02:28

I´m supporting this if it will NOT AFFECT PVP AT ANY POINT since i think it will helpful for pve, so pve players will dedicate to their stuff and stop joining rbg`s (maybe) for example, because its REALY REALY ANNOYING that some ignorant pve people start doing pvp without at least reading a guide about pvp, just because they cant do rdf´s / raids due to low server´s population.

So if cross-faction is solving pve and not toching pvp +1 from me.

Ratmout
Donor

Re: RE: Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#82 » Post by Ratmout » 12 Dec 2016 02:40

Garadan wrote: I've said it before, this ain't gonna do bring back anyone, it's pointless.
Merge us or find us a new home.
I think this is a better option i'm agree with it.

tinyclaw

#83 » Post by tinyclaw » 12 Dec 2016 03:25

Brennus wrote: And what? I can't stand Taurens and Humans, and I still have to see them all over Dalaran.
Does that mean I should play Vanilla???
If you think about it, Dalaran was supposed to be an Alliance only town (according to the lore). But because of reasons, Blizzard decided it would be nice to have a WotLK version of Shattrath.

Now, what should I do? Play Primal until TBC ends and then find another server???
Please.

The first time I ever played this game, I started as Horde. What happened, you may ask: I grew out of this shit! Dude, it's just a freaking game!
Maybe it does mean you should play Vanilla - if that's what YOU want. This thread is about whether we do or don't want cross-faction. I've given my reasons and they aren't going to change. I don't want to play alongside Alliance: end of story. A lot of people won't. Yes, it's just a 'freaking game', we all know that. The issue here is what 'freaking game' we want to play. Your reply hasn't refuted anything I've stated. If you are this upset that I've given my reasons why I don't want cross-faction then you are obviously voting FOR cross-faction. Good, that's the idea.

NoblestHeart
Donor

#84 » Post by NoblestHeart » 12 Dec 2016 04:08

Looks like the majority of people who want it outweigh the few who don't.

Saddie

#85 » Post by Saddie » 12 Dec 2016 04:25

Personally I'm neither for or against this, do as you consider necessary, but I find it cringe worthy that some people take the faction roleplay to such extend that they "enjoy hating x or y faction" for christ sake it's just a game, I get into meta-gaming myself quite often when playing RPGs, and even to me it sounds like you really need to step away from your computer more often and see the real world every once in a while. :roll:

Yfrofari

#86 » Post by Yfrofari » 12 Dec 2016 04:49

I for one is against that xfaction thing. This is a PVP server!!!
Just wondering If it's possible to scale the raid encounters difficulty according to the members joining the raid. GM KohiiKajju brought to my attention that this can be abused (lets stay start with 15 then invite 25, and so on..) but if that option can be done just like the current ICC buff think there will no room for abuse. As for PVP goes why not make a spec check on the q.

testeromir

#87 » Post by testeromir » 12 Dec 2016 10:53

"This is a pvp server". I found this to be the most hilarious quote among lot of them here :D
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Virdo
Donor

#88 » Post by Virdo » 12 Dec 2016 15:18

-1 from me and in the name of few other players who don't want to bother commenting in this topic. (cant say in exact number because it could be wrong, but its mostly the people who are playing ingame and dont bother to open forums or are the kind of people who are on a break and they are willing to come back).

How will this idea bring new players to the server & how many players will we lose because of this feature? How will community look like in such a mess? (example: more drammas & fights. Ignore function doesnt fully help, causing players to leave lfg/world because they do not wish to communicate with opposite faction,…).
These are the kind of questions (maybe more) to ask yourself first before implementing it.

I suggest to stay as much blizzlike as possible. Keep factions separated as it is now.

And Gnurg…do this server a favor and follow your guild INQ to other server(s) and do your toxic job with forum topics there. Most of your suggestions and requests are dumb and selfish (in need of an achievement – np, Gnurg opens a topic and tries to trick the staff to enable so achievement will be easier to gain). Most of the time you use the topic option when you are in need of something.

Horde has been trough all this (low population, big dramma conflicts, massive faction changing to alliance, loot problems in raids,…) and i think nobody came up with stupid ideas. There are other ways how to fix activity ingame (example: start leading raids or help Divinity and other alliance guilds (or are 10man raids not worth of your time because there is no loot/achievement to gain?) – do premade RHC or encourage players to queue, vote/donate more, advertise, make events,…).

Nyeriah

#89 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Dec 2016 15:21

Just to clarify, I have talked with the staff again about the proposal of enabling crossfactions for RDF only and it seems like we've agreed that would be the best at this time. Then later the rest can be discussed.

Gnurg

#90 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Dec 2016 16:11

Virdo wrote:-1 from me and in the name of few other players who don't want to bother commenting in this topic. (cant say in exact number because it could be wrong, but its mostly the people who are playing ingame and dont bother to open forums or are the kind of people who are on a break and they are willing to come back).

How will this idea bring new players to the server & how many players will we lose because of this feature? How will community look like in such a mess? (example: more drammas & fights. Ignore function doesnt fully help, causing players to leave lfg/world because they do not wish to communicate with opposite faction,…).
These are the kind of questions (maybe more) to ask yourself first before implementing it.

I suggest to stay as much blizzlike as possible. Keep factions separated as it is now.

And Gnurg…do this server a favor and follow your guild INQ to other server(s) and do your toxic job with forum topics there. Most of your suggestions and requests are dumb and selfish (in need of an achievement – np, Gnurg opens a topic and tries to trick the staff to enable so achievement will be easier to gain). Most of the time you use the topic option when you are in need of something.

Horde has been trough all this (low population, big dramma conflicts, massive faction changing to alliance, loot problems in raids,…) and i think nobody came up with stupid ideas. There are other ways how to fix activity ingame (example: start leading raids or help Divinity and other alliance guilds (or are 10man raids not worth of your time because there is no loot/achievement to gain?) – do premade RHC or encourage players to queue, vote/donate more, advertise, make events,…).
If they are strongly against Cross-faction, they should come on the forum to cast their opinion about it. It's like not voting and once the election is over, they complain about the outcome. In addition, having an active forum gives the impression that the server is active as well, so you can view it as a form of advertisement.

The achievement you say, that I wanted to nerf, is probably this thread. That's based on two factors: 1. the only ones who have it, have exploited it 2. it was nerfed at Cataclysm, because only a very very small portion (<1%) of the player based had the achievement unlike the other battleground achievements. I wanted it nerfed, so I wouldn't have to cheat it, but eventually I just ended up cheating it like everyone else.

Either way, it's just suggestions. Whatever I suggest, if it doesn't have the support of the majority of players, won't be applied. If they're silly and selfish, as you say, they are likely not applied, so you don't have to worry about that.

I've been doing my share of work for the community other than being loot-, or achievement-greedy. I did make one larger event, which with the help of others turned out very well (I should add that your guildmates told me to just fuck off when I asked them, if they wanted to join, so so much for game events with Hellraisers). I've done some bug fixes (most are quite irrelevant, but the ones over on PW seem to be appricate it). In-game wise I've been PuGing OS25 for over a year now, being the first raid for many new 80s (until people didn't join anymore, about a month ago). I've always encouraged people to queue for battlegrounds whenever I queue as it's so boring to play with less than 6 on 6.

Right now I haven't been doing too much, but that's pretty much, because there are about 10-20 80s online during peak times on Alliance, so it's quite limited what you can do when people do as well have different interests (some want ICC, some want bgs, some want afking in Dalaran).
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE