X-faction Raids

Fjord
Donor

X-faction Raids

#1 » Post by Fjord » 31 Oct 2016 19:22

Since with the still low amoung of people online now a days, i do like to suggest X-faction, so we have 1-200 people for raids instead of 50-60 on each side.

Its hard to make some low ilvl raids like this, if horde and allience could raid together it might help.
Gamers dont die, They R3spawn.

benzviliran

Re: X-faction Raids

#2 » Post by benzviliran » 31 Oct 2016 19:27

Hi, I'm fjord.
I am the swarm

kermo14k

#3 » Post by kermo14k » 31 Oct 2016 20:01

There have been multiple similar suggestions rejected, and i don't see why the fate of this topic will be any different. Yes we all know no 284 items = no people, but that is something what you have to consider before making it. I have nothing against it for being crossfaction for lower tiers to get some runs goning. But as far as i know, you go 100% cross faction or go home, aka -1 from me.
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Doctor_J
Developer

#4 » Post by Doctor_J » 31 Oct 2016 20:10

Dont think will change anything the problem is once players get fully geared on truewow have a tendancy to disappear and never be seen again, maybe they level alts but a lot of characters just disappear once they get fully geared from raids either completely or only doing pvp.

The problem is that a lot of people only raid for gear rather than because they enjoy it and once fully geared no longer have any incentive to join raids as they already have max gear and we have nothing else to offer to keep those players busy.

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 31 Oct 2016 21:31

Doctor_J wrote:The problem is that a lot of people only raid for gear rather than because they enjoy it.
Joy skipped me 2014.

Anyway lm negative on this suggestion for a reason that your idea is to unite 284 people from both sides to make raid run. That would mean that no people would be left to help 251 people finish any ICC.
Last edited by Fastor on 31 Oct 2016 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Oct 2016 21:32

I don't think this will change anything in the big picture because people will still be raiding with their guilds. People aren't divided into factions only, but It'll help pugging. But overall, it's helpful.

However, I'm not sure how cross-faction would play out at Truewow. If you're going for this, you'll have to go for the full thing. You can't have cross-faction raids without cross-faction chat and cross-faction groups. Last time it was discussed players weren't favorable to that.

mcheka

#7 » Post by mcheka » 31 Oct 2016 22:02

-1 because I personally don't want it, but I won't deny that it might be a reasonable option for the overall well-being of the server (but just as likely not).

The biggest problem with lower raids is that people either do them to gear up, or for achieves. All the old dogs on TW from both factions already have the achieves now, and unfortunately it's only old dogs still playing as a server so insanely geared as TW is simply unattractive to most newcomers. So it's fundamentally a vicious cycle.

Crossfaction would probably help with lower raids like Naxx, Ulduqr, ToC, etc though.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Longi

#8 » Post by Longi » 31 Oct 2016 22:58

I dont think cross-faction will improve low raid avtivity. Players care about naxx/uldu only for achievements and about toc only for trinkets. The goal is get ICC gear as quick as possible :-)
As Dan wrote, old players have got everything they wanted have. On many alts... and we can see how it feels when 5-6 old dogs with 5+ characters stopped play at all or they play only one character :-) and newbies are not that motivated or idk how to write it. Old generation of players slowly leaving wow and new generation isnt strong enough yet. We are missing new leaders/officers and people which will motivate others on the way to kill Lich king or Halion :-)

Cocopuffs
Donor

#9 » Post by Cocopuffs » 31 Oct 2016 23:16

cross faction bgs more like lol, fuck raids

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Hansrutger » 31 Oct 2016 23:51

Double heroism/bloodlust! \o/
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster