[Accepted] Make Relentless Tier 1 Weapons purchaseable

Gnurg

Re: Make Relentless Tier 1 Weapons purchaseable

#16 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Oct 2016 22:49

Longi wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
SomethingWitty wrote:-1 Not blizzlike, it also demeans the efforts of all those who managed to obtain s8 weapons with low resil. NoKappa

Plus if you raid why would you want to use pvp weapons anyway?
I did get my Wrathful Gear on my warrior before most opponents had full Wrathful, Shadowmourne and a handful of 277/284 trinkets. From my experience, I'd say that new timers had an easier time getting rating back then.

If you're up against a double damage comp or just have a hard time surviving in general, the extra resilence will come handy.
Resil for PVE ? For Jezzus's ears dont say this in public... people will start using resil sockets for ICC
I think you misunderstood her. "If you have strong PvE weapons, why would you use Relentless Weapons?" is probably what she meant.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

SomethingWitty

#17 » Post by SomethingWitty » 26 Oct 2016 23:20

Gnurg wrote: I did get my Wrathful Gear on my warrior before most opponents had full Wrathful, Shadowmourne and a handful of 277/284 trinkets. From my experience, I'd say that new timers had an easier time getting rating back then.

If you're up against a double damage comp or just have a hard time surviving in general, the extra resilence will come handy.
What are these double dps comps you speak of? I thought people only played SM+healer here. Honestly, ~90 or so resil wont help all that much; my 1.2k resil spriest partner still gets skill-chopped down even in shadowform when we played.
Gnurg wrote: I think you misunderstood her. "If you have strong PvE weapons, why would you use Relentless Weapons?" is probably what she meant.
Yep, thats what i meant. Bro did you just assume my gender?
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Gnurg

#18 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Oct 2016 23:38

SomethingWitty wrote:
Gnurg wrote: I did get my Wrathful Gear on my warrior before most opponents had full Wrathful, Shadowmourne and a handful of 277/284 trinkets. From my experience, I'd say that new timers had an easier time getting rating back then.

What are these double dps comps you speak of? I thought people only played SM+healer here. Honestly, ~90 or so resil wont help all that much; my 1.2k resil spriest partner still gets skill-chopped down even in shadowform when we played.
Gnurg wrote: I think you misunderstood her. "If you have strong PvE weapons, why would you use Relentless Weapons?" is probably what she meant.
Yep, thats what i meant. Bro did you just assume my gender?
Normally it's two players with Shadowmourne players popping all cooldowns at once. If you survive the burst, they should go down afterward. By having the Relentless Weapon option for the new players, they have a greater chance of surviving.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

SomethingWitty

#19 » Post by SomethingWitty » 27 Oct 2016 13:19

Gnurg wrote: Normally it's two players with Shadowmourne players popping all cooldowns at once. If you survive the burst, they should go down afterward. By having the Relentless Weapon option for the new players, they have a greater chance of surviving.
No amount of resil will save you from that cancer if you get caught, only thing you can do is kite and los to get a good chance to go on the counter offense.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Longi

#20 » Post by Longi » 27 Oct 2016 13:29

SomethingWitty wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Normally it's two players with Shadowmourne players popping all cooldowns at once. If you survive the burst, they should go down afterward. By having the Relentless Weapon option for the new players, they have a greater chance of surviving.
No amount of resil will save you from that cancer if you get caught, only thing you can do is kite and los to get a good chance to go on the counter offense.
Agree with SomethingWitty, If you cannot kite berserk or another burst abilities there is not enough resil in game for surviving. So relentless weapon wont change things that much... well I think resil cap was around 9500 what means 100% dmg reduction, but no way to get this number ingame :D

And I think SM proc was disabled in arenas so so

Gnurg

#21 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Oct 2016 13:51

SomethingWitty wrote:
Of course it won't save you if you don't give it your best to survive by kiting, not that I claimed so. I just stated it would give you a greater chance of surviving, which I believe is true.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Longi

#22 » Post by Longi » 27 Oct 2016 13:57

Gnurg wrote:
SomethingWitty wrote:
Of course it won't save you if you don't give it your best to survive by kiting, not that I claimed so. I just stated it would give you a greater chance of surviving, which I believe is true.
I m not sure if this is correct, but
https://www.engadget.com/2008/12/25/wra ... -level-80/

Gnurg

#23 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Oct 2016 14:00

Longi wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
SomethingWitty wrote:
Your point with the deadly season article was?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Longi

#24 » Post by Longi » 27 Oct 2016 14:06

Gnurg wrote:
Longi wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Of course it won't save you if you don't give it your best to survive by kiting, not that I claimed so. I just stated it would give you a greater chance of surviving, which I believe is true.
no, no I didnt mean TBC season, there was some numbers about resil, like the rating required per 1% of Resilience is 82 it think .. hmm yes 82, so if that weapon give you around 90 more resil, hard to say if 1% can help you that much

Gnurg

#25 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Oct 2016 14:17

Longi wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
Longi wrote:
no, no I didnt mean TBC season, there was some numbers about resil, like the rating required per 1% of Resilience is 82 it think .. hmm yes 82, so if that weapon give you around 90 more resil, hard to say if 1% can help you that much
Deadly Gladiator is the first WotLK season, afaik.

Resilience reduces the chance to get crit, critical damage taken and overall damage. All only for players and their minions/pets, of course. Even if your 1 % is correct, it reduces multiple factors, eventually becoming a bigger deal. It can be a very big deal for the light armor classes that can't reduce the damage that well with the help of armor. I suppose you're playing an armor heavy class, which doesn't notice how vital resilience is for these players.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

SomethingWitty

#26 » Post by SomethingWitty » 27 Oct 2016 14:49

Gnurg wrote: Of course it won't save you if you don't give it your best to survive by kiting, not that I claimed so. I just stated it would give you a greater chance of surviving, which I believe is true.
Oh, i have no doubts that more resil will increase survivability theoretically, but realistically speaking a small increase in resil is not going to be as effective as polishing up your positioning/gameplay. The way i see the situation is like this:

1) You're new and you have zero/some clue in arena, but you get stomped because of bad postioning/tanking enemy cd's and process etc… 2k resil wont even help you here.

2) You're experienced in arena and have faced that cancer comp before so you know how to handle them. Assuming that the cancer comp players are retards, you should win 80% of the time due to purely good positioning/kiting. The 20% loss will be due to rng/SM SKILL.

Assuming that the cancer comp players aren't retarded, you better know when to play defensive and when to play offensive. If you're caught without defensive cd's gg. So your decisions affects your survivability much more than resil.

3) If you really want to tryhard then just get a resil gemmed pvp set.

~90 or so resil might help you win that 1 game in 10 if you're skillcapped but gameplay/positioning will help you win the rest. I'm sure time spent analyzing the way you played is much better than worrying about a few stats here and there.

Gnurg

#27 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Oct 2016 14:57

Just to stop a plausible endless discussion, let us just leave it at that you don't think it will help much. Same for loggi.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Fastor

#28 » Post by Fastor » 27 Oct 2016 15:13

Gnurg wrote:Just to stop a plausible endless discussion, let us just leave it at that you don't think it will help much. Same for loggi.
Whats point of telling opinion here on TW forum if it does not change OPs opinion.

Gnurg

#29 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Oct 2016 15:33

Fastor wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Just to stop a plausible endless discussion, let us just leave it at that you don't think it will help much. Same for loggi.
Whats point of telling opinion here on TW forum if it does not change OPs opinion.
It isn't the OP that you should convince, it's the staff.

How it stands now is that a few players have said they wanted it, but not why. At least majority is in favor for now.
  • Relina wanted it for transmogrification, which I personally think it a poor argument, as it would ruin the legacy aspect of the weapons.
  • SomethingWitty thought it would be unfair towards the players who have already obtained Wrathful Weapons, which I'd say is a so-so argument as for every season that passes, the new players have to face more geared opponents. It was just simpler to get gear before.
  • SomethingWitty & Loggi also thought the relentless weapon wouldn't have any effect at all, which I can partly agree to for ~30 % (60-70 % active arena players) of the classes (plate users). I still believe a lot of the squishier folks could benefit from this.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Relina

#30 » Post by Relina » 27 Oct 2016 17:51

Gnurg wrote:
  • Relina wanted it for transmogrification, which I personally think it a poor argument, as it would ruin the legacy aspect of the weapons.
Funny thing though is that I don't even use the Transmog feature myself :lol:

As for ruining the legacy aspect, if this suggestion gets accepted that goes out the window no matter what.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.