[Accepted] Remove pre 2016 suggestions

Gnurg

[Accepted] Remove pre 2016 suggestions

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 00:50

The suggestion sub-forum currently have 459 suggestions yet to get a verdict. Some of them haven't had any new feedback since 2013. Maybe some of them could be deleted/handled to help clean and set a new standard for this sub-forum.

I assume the older the thread, the less relevant it is. I suggest deleting all suggestion without new input from this year (should be about 250 suggestions to delete). If they were relevant for our current state/community they could be remade by our current userbase.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Longi

Re: Remove pre 2016 suggestions

#2 » Post by Longi » 11 Oct 2016 00:54

+1

not only for suggestions, clear whole forum from old and no helpful topics or how to name them :) ( hide them, move them to archive, one archive per year lets say - all shit from 2013 to archive for this year and so on ) there is too many sub-forum without hmm value :D

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 01:21

Bumping this one to the top, so it isn't lost in my spam. I don't mind clearing them myself, so if you need a hand, just hand me access.
Longi wrote:+1

not only for suggestions, clear whole forum from old and no helpful topics or how to name them :) ( hide them, move them to archive, one archive per year lets say - all shit from 2013 to archive for this year and so on ) there is too many sub-forum without hmm value :D
One step at the time, shorti.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

#4 » Post by Jiranthos » 11 Oct 2016 01:42

I'll see if I can do the sorterino magic tomorrow after university. Thing is, if I have to sign off a verdict, there will be a spam of latest threads of just Jiranthos signing off, rejecting for 250 new posts, lol.
Just moving without leaving a sign off post seems too unorganized, and can possibly maybe make problems in the future when digging through old stuff and proving points will have to be made. "My suggestion was moved with no input, TT", or after I'm gone long time in the future, new staff will dig it up and wonder why things were done so unorganized and so on. Ideas? Spam vs possible future issues.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 02:14

Jiranthos wrote:I'll see if I can do the sorterino magic tomorrow after university. Thing is, if I have to sign off a verdict, there will be a spam of latest threads of just Jiranthos signing off, rejecting for 250 new posts, lol.
Just moving without leaving a sign off post seems too unorganized, and can possibly maybe make problems in the future when digging through old stuff and proving points will have to be made. "My suggestion was moved with no input, TT", or after I'm gone long time in the future, new staff will dig it up and wonder why things were done so unorganized and so on. Ideas? Spam vs possible future issues.
The current state of this sub-forum is more unorganized than any quick and easy removal solution outcome will ever be. Outdated, duplicated and silly suggestions are not being handled, so the fastest way to get this sub-forum back on track is to reduce its numbers and perhaps make a better process for how suggestions are manged. If you want to review every single old topic, be my guest, but a more realistic approach that is certain to create progress, is to just delete all the old topics.

If someone wants their suggestion back, they can just remake it. Likely that will give new and more relevant feedback on those suggestions, should they be remade.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Hansrutger » 11 Oct 2016 02:31

Coz I'm still waiting for this: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 21#p176721

:(
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Eronox
MVP

#7 » Post by Eronox » 11 Oct 2016 08:24

Not that they really are causing any harm. Could also be used as future reference, or source. Also, the Active thread spamming is no worries as well since it happends regurlary anyways. Members like myself also have been filling up "Last post by:* at the same section.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Fastor

#8 » Post by Fastor » 11 Oct 2016 09:56

Remember that time when my Mobo died and l asked for temporary Admin account? Well that was because of that. You could also notice that l was necroing some of those topics.

Idea of Delete All Pre 2016 is really bad, Hanses topic is one of examples out of many. But yea things like add Gunship loot into Lady D is obsolete. Deleting should be done per each topic.

As for Longi, l though same at first then l realized it actually does not matter and even more should stay since its history of this server that some people visit sometimes eventually.

Relina

#9 » Post by Relina » 11 Oct 2016 11:04

Older / No longer valid suggestions should be archived, not deleted.
Or just leave them alone, not like they hurt anyone but the people incapable of using search function properly :twisted:
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 11:32

The problem with having 10 pages of suggestions is that good suggestions like Hansrutigner's suggestion get lost in the suggestion spam. My suggestion is just to get a proper start on cleaning this sub-forum as how it currently stands, it appears like suggestions are being ignored (i.e. no feedback for over 3 years) and the ones managing don't care (which clearly isn't that case, but that's the impression it gives). If you want to manually go through every suggestion, that's fine by me, but considering it actually has grown to this size -- I highly doubt that will happen.

Deleting/moving them an archive is the same to me. -- Just add another sub-forum under suggestion and whoever is angry about their suggestion being moved can just ask them to move it back.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#11 » Post by Errorista » 11 Oct 2016 11:36

You cannot just say all older-than-2016 should be removed, each suggestion should be handled separately, there are still some cool suggestions from 2015 and some trash stuff suggested at 2016.

I would like some clean up to be made though. Many GMs actually offered help already with this "mess". Nyeriah rejected us all so far :(

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Hansrutger » 11 Oct 2016 14:18

I believe it's simply because we don't have enough people on developing the suggestions. It is in fact very easy to decide what is enough blizzlike to be added to the server or not which is the part i disagree with when it was said it's not like handling reports or general support topics (referring to what Erronib said). While it's not, it is still quite easy. The hard part is executing the whole suggestion (if we count them all being as difficult as the most difficult one).
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

Gnurg

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 15:55

Hansrutger wrote:I believe it's simply because we don't have enough people on developing the suggestions. It is in fact very easy to decide what is enough blizzlike to be added to the server or not which is the part i disagree with when it was said it's not like handling reports or general support topics (referring to what Erronib said). While it's not, it is still quite easy. The hard part is executing the whole suggestion (if we count them all being as difficult as the most difficult one).
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36177 -- Would distinguish between an ignored idea and something we want to implement. That way, the management of suggestions in this sub-forum can solely be the processes you described as very easy, which should reduce the number of suggestions unhandled. -- Given you actually end up with a verdict for topics, I've seen a couple being turned down, but not move to the rejected.

As a reminder, this suggestion was just to create a nice start for the cleaning that's needed for this sub-forum. It does appear that the staff members are eager to look through each topic, so if that actually is the case, then there's no need for this suggestion.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Hansrutger » 11 Oct 2016 16:15

It doesn't matter how eager a staff member is (or was for that matter). If the administration, namely one, doesn't want non-administrational staff members to deal with Suggestions then it is what it is.
Retired

Eronox
MVP

#15 » Post by Eronox » 11 Oct 2016 16:19

Hansrutger wrote:It doesn't matter how eager a staff member is (or was for that matter). If the administration, namely one, doesn't want non-administrational staff members to deal with Suggestions then it is what it is.
Probably for future reference or eventual source usages. Besides, how are they bothering?
Bump is invented for a reason

I have more arguments to provide, but nothing can beat the decision of a majority in democracy

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash