[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

Nyeriah

[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Aug 2016 17:49

Hello,

This suggestion is a follow up of the previous discussions about increasing the Icecrown Citadel catch up buffs and has been discussed the past week by the Staff after the recent events.

Considering all of the fixes Icecrown Citadel has received the last semester that made encounters considerably harder (and the average damage loss from casters and several of those who depend on magic damage), we would like to bring this into discussion again.

We've hold on to not increasing the buff in the past because that would just make people gear up faster and end up leaving, but
considering the current scenario and all the fixes that have been applied to scripts and mechanics, this would be dropped in a mere attempt to even the scales between fixes and nerfs.

I am aware that there are hardcore players that would rather leave things as they are and experience the harder content. However, at this current moment of time, we must have the necessary flexibility to adjust things so they're enjoyable by everyone.

We have spent a very long while at the 20% buff progression stage, and 1 year after the release and downfall of Ruby Sanctum 25hc, from the progression perspective, it's reasonable to consider the increase as well.

Now, this was a considerably heated discussion, even among ourselves. So let's please try to settle this down cordially for the good of our server and our community as a whole :)

As for most of the suggestions that change large aspects of the server, please reply with either "+1" or "-1" here and if you can please also justify your vote. We'll have a move on with this as soon as we can get to an agreement on whether the community wants this or not. It has already been approved by the current Staff, so it's entirely up to the community.

This suggestion will be broadcast in-game in the auto broadcasts later, and I'll be also pinning it to the global threads for more visibility.

Thanks!

NOTE: If your post does not contain either "+1" or "-1", to show your favor or disfavor towards this suggestion, it will not be counted as a vote!

Rohit

Re: [Suggestion] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#2 » Post by Rohit » 13 Aug 2016 18:00

+1 for fellow raiders.
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

mcheka

#3 » Post by mcheka » 13 Aug 2016 18:05

-1, easier raids make players worse

EDIT: I don't really care that much either way what buff % we have, just a slight preference to keep it as is or lower it.
Last edited by mcheka on 13 Aug 2016 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

arnis5
Banned

#4 » Post by arnis5 » 13 Aug 2016 18:06

Talking from "raid leader" perspective in last few weeks, could even dare to say months it's hard to collect enough people from guild for raids. Now I am not saying that this situation follows all guilds but it does mine. We can leave out already statements like "its summer people are outside". Reason why people left this game is cause they good feed up of doing same contect over and over for past years. Now when Icc is fixed and since most of players on this server are craving for gear and not progressing, why would they spend time now doing fixed LK when they got theyr gear already. Now lets get back to gear craving again, there are still people on this server who never expirienced LK25HC, to get those people to LK25HC would take a weeks maybe even months to gear them up, learn them tactics and mechanics and stuff. Now 25% buff this is something that might kick in as a help to us to cover the gaps where some of players would fail. It would "maybe" make raid leaders able to make more raids cause I am sure each guild almost has regulars which are switching from alt to alt for raids and the rest of guild members are left out from raids. I say we should give it a try lets take this 30% buff to help the server atleast to get up on its feet and then later we can again get back on 20% buff. You got +1 from me and +1 from my guild members aswell.
Last edited by arnis5 on 13 Aug 2016 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Nesingwary

#5 » Post by Nesingwary » 13 Aug 2016 18:10

+1 for 30% buff

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Tenebro » 13 Aug 2016 18:10

-1, 5% won't change anything at all. You can increase it even to 50%, ppl that can't improve after doing the same boss over and over wont get to kill it just cuz they deal more dmg. Why try to make it even easier when its not even 100% scripted there are still bugs and gaps here and there that can give players more advantage than ppl had on retail when it was wotlk, its not buffs that should increase but ppl motivation of improving themselves.

daed2016

#7 » Post by daed2016 » 13 Aug 2016 18:13

Make 30% im totally IN, DO IT PLS
Last edited by Guest on 13 Aug 2016 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

Triblatri

#8 » Post by Triblatri » 13 Aug 2016 18:13

-1, I agree with Tenebro.

arnis5
Banned

#9 » Post by arnis5 » 13 Aug 2016 18:18

Make it 30% atleast give it a try we got only 2 guilds on horde side that are doing Icc 25man raids and rs25 man raids, pugs are trying and keep failing. For the sake of a server good for once dont bullshit how it wont help or how people will lose skill.....
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Terrordynu

#10 » Post by Terrordynu » 13 Aug 2016 18:21

+1

sinasina

#11 » Post by sinasina » 13 Aug 2016 18:25

+1

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Aug 2016 18:26

I would like this.

There are quite a few players on TrueWoW who are yet to take down Lich King on some difficulties. They might not get the opportunity to join the better raids, because they lack gear or friends in high places, so they are left out, struggling to find a consistent weekly raid schedule. Increasing the buff would hopefully make the raid leaders a bit more open-minded to bringing in new players with less requirement.

It would as well be nice for the PuG raids, like the one Ascension makes on Fridays. Maybe they would be able to do more bosses than they're doing at this point, which would be really nice as they tend to bring in new players for their raids.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

iceshock

#13 » Post by iceshock » 13 Aug 2016 18:27

If anything it should be 10%
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Aug 2016 18:34

I would just like to remind that the buff would be increased to 25%, not 30%

milanlord

#15 » Post by milanlord » 13 Aug 2016 18:39

+1, Cause it will help to finish faster raids which I plan to make in the future,especially on LK fight to kill valks faster :)
Last edited by milanlord on 13 Aug 2016 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.