[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

kermo14k

Re: [Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#181 » Post by kermo14k » 15 Sep 2016 01:11

With 5% it would be somewhat of a challange. I'd still suggest having the option to choose what kind of buff would you like to have. So people who really need the 25% buff( because they wipe to boss berserk mechanics) can choose it, and people who don't need it somuch can choose less for at least some challange.
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

iceshock

#182 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 01:17

Longi wrote: If you are doing the same raid over and over and over again. At some moment it will be boring and no matter if the buff is 5% or 30 %
Not really, If you have a challenge then it's exciting and not boring. like when we went for our first LK kill since fixes, that was FUN major fun, the most fun any guild member had had for years.

This is the only blizzlike 3.3.5 server left that is non donor, If there was 5% buff like Sunwell was, it would be flooded with people wanting the full 3.3.5 challenging experiences, it was one of the hardest patches before the nerfs, we had a 20% nerf which was already too easy, now it's just a rofflestomp.

The main reason 3.3.5 has lasted so long is because its the most challenging patch, Look at Sunwell server, before the developers had kids, got jobs and couldn't continue hosting it, it was 2k players and 5% buff and it was Hard and challenging, so many people played there because of the difficulty of the patch which is what they remember from retail 3.3.5 and it was fun because of the difficulty, now retail is a rofflestomp, and with this ICC buff, this patch is a rofflestomp.

I can see the remaining raider's getting bored really really fast now, i was bored inside ICC tonight and so was every other raid member.

Who want's to play a non challenging game where they don't have to use there brain? If people want that, they should play farmville on facebook not world of warcraft.
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Nyeriah

#183 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Sep 2016 01:30

Thanks for the feedback. Now I would be glad to hear how the experiences of the other raids have been impacted by this.

iceshock

#184 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 01:37

Nyeriah wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Now I would be glad to hear how the experiences of the other raids have been impacted by this.
Sure thing, well other raids:

RS25HC sloppier, player's too used to thing's been easy, the same as the past few months, it's always been the case, players was slacking in 20% buff it was becoming too regular and rofflestomping that RS25HC was becoming terrible, and now they will get even more sloppier becuase this buff carries there arse and they don't need a brain to raid just stand and DPS, then they get into RS25HC and shit hit's the fan.

The more buff goes up, The less desire to do good and more boring thing's become it's no longer an achievement to do something good or to kill a boss, and also the more the buff goes up, the worse player's will perform because the buff is carrying them.

The same will apply for 10n's etc with other guild's.

The word "NERF" should explain how bad the ICC buff is to begin with. Google explination of NERF:
In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable. The word can be used as a verb to describe that change.

Look at primalwow, they are FARMING consumables and resistance gear to kill bosses and from what iv seen, they are having so much fun trying to actually achieve the boss kill's, it's challenging and fun and will be very rewarding to actually achieve something great. When was the last time anyone other than tank's farmed frost resistance gear for sindragosa? They did on retail to begin with before this buff Nerf.
Last edited by iceshock on 15 Sep 2016 01:46, edited 3 times in total.

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.

Longi

#185 » Post by Longi » 15 Sep 2016 01:37

iceshock wrote:
Longi wrote: If you are doing the same raid over and over and over again. At some moment it will be boring and no matter if the buff is 5% or 30 %
Not really, If you have a challenge then it's exciting and not boring. like when we went for our first LK kill since fixes, that was FUN major fun, the most fun any guild member had had for years.

This is the only blizzlike 3.3.5 server left that is non donor, If there was 5% buff like Sunwell was, it would be flooded with people wanting the full 3.3.5 challenging experiences, it was one of the hardest patches before the nerfs, we had a 20% nerf which was already too easy, now it's just a rofflestomp.

The main reason 3.3.5 has lasted so long is because its the most challenging patch, Look at Sunwell server, before the developers had kids, got jobs and couldn't continue hosting it, it was 2k players and 5% buff and it was Hard and challenging, so many people played there because of the difficulty of the patch which is what they remember from retail 3.3.5 and it was fun because of the difficulty, now retail is a rofflestomp, and with this ICC buff, this patch is a rofflestomp.

I can see the remaining raider's getting bored really really fast now, i was bored inside ICC tonight and so was every other raid member.

Who want's to play a non challenging game where they don't have to use there brain? If people want that, they should play farmville on facebook not world of warcraft.
I do agree, thats why I wrote " at some moment ". Player who cares will teach taktic and improve his/her gameplay, but after some time 5% or no buff will be easy too :) this was my point.
I dont think that a game where you do same thing over and over again for years can be challenging, but thats only my personal opinion from the perspective of an old player. Its all only about get BIS gear, became the best in PVP ( sadly PVP sucks here ), have done challenges or have a lot fun with friends. Afrer some time there will be only " have fun with a friends " left, but as you will be playing longer, this section will slowly die down too :) and today's new players are not the same as old one :) priorities have changed

Nyeriah

#186 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Sep 2016 01:47

iceshock wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Now I would be glad to hear how the experiences of the other raids have been impacted by this.
Sure thing, well other raids:

RS25HC sloppier, player's too used to thing's been easy, the same as the past few months, it's always been the case, players was slacking in 20% buff it was becoming too regular and rofflestomping that RS25HC was becoming terrible, and now they will get even more sloppier becuase this buff carries there arse and they don't need a brain to raid just stand and DPS, then they get into RS25HC and shit hit's the fan.

The more buff goes up, The less desire to do good and more boring thing's become it's no longer an achievement to do something good or to kill a boss, and also the more the buff goes up, the worse player's will perform because the buff is carrying them.

The same will apply for 10n's etc with other guild's.

The word "NERF" should explain how bad the ICC buff is to begin with. Google explination of NERF:
In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable. The word can be used as a verb to describe that change.
Hey, no, no, that's not what I meant, but thanks for going through it.

I mean that it'd be nice to hear what effect this change had to other players, to other raids, to other guilds etc, for diversity. Don't get me wrong, but I know you guys are disappointed with this. So it'd be nice to hear what others have to say as well, otherwise it'll become a quite repetitive discussion again.

iceshock

#187 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 02:09

Nyeriah wrote:
Hey, no, no, that's not what I meant, but thanks for going through it.

I mean that it'd be nice to hear what effect this change had to other players, to other raids, to other guilds etc, for diversity. Don't get me wrong, but I know you guys are disappointed with this. So it'd be nice to hear what others have to say as well, otherwise it'll become a quite repetitive discussion again.

Np, my mistake i understood and thought you was talking to me or meant any other raid in general.

But yeah would be nice to see some other guild's views on this.

Although calculated by every raider who has done the math and actually knows the effects, it will make no difference to any other raids at all at this moment in time and it has been expressed by raiders since this thread opened.
Last edited by iceshock on 15 Sep 2016 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

Chars:
Spoiler:

GuidoSalducci

#188 » Post by GuidoSalducci » 15 Sep 2016 07:09

Don't like the 25% buff because it's boring? Then turn it off and do it at 0% problem solved, not boring anymore. You can still flex your epeen all you want because you downed LK25hc with no buff.

iceshock

#189 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 07:25

GuidoSalducci wrote:Don't like the 25% buff because it's boring? Then turn it off and do it at 0% problem solved, not boring anymore. You can still flex your epeen all you want because you downed LK25hc with no buff.

That is true, it's one thing we have talked about alot when it was 20% because the raid was quite simply too nerfed, iv actually ironically spent the past hour watching the past 15 LK25HC kills during p2, they was so full of drama and exiting to watch, and tonight it was stand, dps, move with defile, ignore every other tactic, like soul reaper, infest, etc, even with 20% buff, soul reaper is ignored, and infest wasnt a issue for 4 healers even without a disc priest.. but now it's just really boring to play as a true raider, it would be possible to 3 heal with no disc and even solo tank, or even bring back the old "ignore val'kyrs tactic".

Ill actually be uploading a comparison video tomorrow showing the difference in the fun level between 20% and 25%, 20% is quite dramatic some times, some scary moment's val'kyrs in 25hc LK sometimes reached the edge but it was quite easy still, no raid wiping situations, and 25% is well, you saw the video clip on the last page, stand and dps and just aoe, no real use for brain.

And iv said it before, i actually have been planning a 0% run since our first LK25HC since fixes kill, simply to keep people interested in this patch, and now we have all seen the effect's of tonight, 25 people rofflestomping the raid, we have all chatted about a 0% buff weekly run simply to keep people raiding, otherwise people will get bored 25% faster than if there was no buff at all.

Chars:
Spoiler:

Longi

#190 » Post by Longi » 15 Sep 2016 07:55

I have an idea.
What about add there two options ....
  • the First will be buff 25% for new or not that skilled players or 30 %, really doesnt matter, just for those ppl which have problem to kill bosses in ICC
  • the Second will be buff back to 20 %, yea back to 20%, but ! each time when any raid will kill LK at this stage, you will manualy decrease that buff by 5%. So lets say buff will be 20 % next week someone kill LK, buff will be 15%. it will take Idk 2 week to kill LK at 15% or so, buff will drop to 10%. ... it will take mby month or more to kill LK at this percentage, buff will drop to 5%, it will take more than month to kill LK and buff will drop to zero and it will take another half year to kill LK because of buggs and no luck :D ... so people will have motivation to keep try, because every time they " win " , harder option will release

iceshock

#191 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 08:17

Longi wrote:I have an idea.
What about add there two options ....
  • the First will be buff 25% for new or not that skilled players or 30 %, really doesnt matter, just for those ppl which have problem to kill bosses in ICC
  • the Second will be buff back to 20 %, yea back to 20%, but ! each time when any raid will kill LK at this stage, you will manualy decrease that buff by 5%. So lets say buff will be 20 % next week someone kill LK, buff will be 15%. it will take Idk 2 week to kill LK at 15% or so, buff will drop to 10%. ... it will take mby month or more to kill LK at this percentage, buff will drop to 5%, it will take more than month to kill LK and buff will drop to zero and it will take another half year to kill LK because of buggs and no luck :D ... so people will have motivation to keep try, because every time they " win " , harder option will release

This is a impossible feature to script.

The only real solution is nerf 10 mans to 30% so it truely is really really roffle stomp, why? Because it makes new guilds be able to get gear easily in preparation for 25 man raids then have 25 mans at the nerfed 20% which we was used to, or even make it 15% or 10% so be interesting and fun and something to work towards.

This is something other 3.3.5 servers do, nerf 10 mans so new guilds can easily gear, a fully bis 10hc char will be 6.3k gs which was our min requirement for lk25hc run on 20%. Plus it's a easier environment to teach heroic tactics for perpetration of 25hc.

Where as right now TrueWoW is classed as a fun server in terms of difficulty with the icc buff and has been for quite some time even before fixes and I realised this when sunwell shut down and few players moved here and made us look like idiots.

Where are these sunwell players now? They went inactive after 1 raid because 20% buff was too easy and not fun to play standing and pressing buttons and not using there brain and skill.
Last edited by iceshock on 15 Sep 2016 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

Chars:
Spoiler:

arnis5
Banned

#192 » Post by arnis5 » 15 Sep 2016 08:35

iceshock wrote: 6.3k gs which was our min requirement for lk25hc run on 20%. Plus it's a easier environment to teach heroic tactics for perpetration of 25hc.
Ok if you think that you achieved something with killing LK25hc on 20% buff with 6,3k gs people then better stop writing in this topic.
1. 25% buff will allow you to actualy invite people who are under 6,3k gs right? (if you keep inviting same 25 people in raids each week and then you make more alt runs with same people, you make other people who cant enter icc25hc because of your req leave server)
2. All this time you keep talking how its to easy for you bla bla, do you think that Inqusition is whole Truewow server or what? Are we all suposed to "suffer" because your guild doesn't want something? We had a voting in which we had almost double votes for yes so pls just stop....
3. Hellraisers are doing LK25HC 2morow and you will have my feedback here aswell (Yes I know you think only your guild opinion is important buhuhuhu) so pls wait till 2morow and stop with this bullshit posts we had voting people voted for yes and suck it
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

iceshock

#193 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 08:40

*Achooo* (sneeze). Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit.

The reason iv actually started posting on the forums after what, 2 years of playing with 0 posts is because I actually care and want the best for the server and the people who play here, for two years iv stayed out of this abomination hell hole which is a argument filled forum, I have a full overview of the raids and the raiders opinion, I'm sorry if what iv said in my posts isn't to your liking, but it's what is said by many people on the server I just say it in my posts as a representative, it's not just my voice saying what I do post, it's many voice and many others even others from different servers, we do our research and try to do our best in every way possible to try and help the community.

And yes my initial sentance at the beginning of this post was immature, but if your going to be immature towards me when iv done nothing wrong to you.. Then well meh.

But good look with LK tomorrow with the 25% buff.
Last edited by iceshock on 15 Sep 2016 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Chars:
Spoiler:

arnis5
Banned

#194 » Post by arnis5 » 15 Sep 2016 08:56

iceshock wrote:*Achooo* (sneeze). Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit.

The reason iv actually started posting on the forums after what, 2 years of playing with 0 posts is because I actually care and want the best for the server and the people who play here, I have a full overview of the raids and the raiders opinion, I'm sorry if what is said by many people which I kinda say in my posts isn't to your liking, but it's not just my voice saying what I do post, it's my voice and many others even others from different servers, we do our research and try to do our best in every way possible to try and help the community.

And yes my initial sentance at the beginning of this post was immature, but if your going to be immature towards me when iv done nothing wrong to you.. Then well meh.
Mate if you are alergic on bullshit then you are alergic on yourself I recomend you to visit doctor as soon as possible :/.
"
I actually care and want the best for the server and the people who play here
mate stop bullshiting pls you are here against 54+ people who voted yes for buff so basicly you are against server fucking /facepalm
we do our research and try to do our best in every way possible to try and help the community.
Pls try to help your guild we dont need your help as I said Inqusition is not Truewow you are not only guild on this server. Kthxbyebye and visit doctor as soon as possible ;)
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

iceshock

#195 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 09:07

Help our guild? How do we need help? We are bored rofflestomping easy content and it's not attracting new players to the server. a interesting hard server is more desirable to players.

I was actually considering before, I was considering helping out horde raids annonously if horde raids needed a player. iv thought about helping many times over past few months, but never really saw horde actually putting effort in @ LK25hc, if I saw that, I'd of offered my help anonymously.

Wait a min, I thought you soloed lk25hc few
Months ago, it took 50 wipes or something right? I'm sure you can do it this time now with 5% Extra buff.

And I actually dont care what you post about me or what you say because I know if always done the absolute best for my guild and the players on the server we play on, we help developers in any way we can, we advertise and make videos and we help promote in any way we can and give the best advice possible because we have seen this situations before.
Last edited by iceshock on 15 Sep 2016 18:24, edited 3 times in total.

Chars:
Spoiler: