[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

Nyeriah

Re: [Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#211 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Oct 2016 15:44

One of the most lazy comments I have ever seen. Who's getting maxed out in a week or two? Getting SM was never a "bust off" on this server, nor was it made easier with this. Was there a buff on retail? I don't know, try reading a bit of the expansion you've been playing for the past (at least) 6 years.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

slocraft

#212 » Post by slocraft » 02 Oct 2016 15:46

^ seems like u didn't quite understand what I meant.
Getting the BEST weapon from the end-game boss isn't a bust off at all. Can't u see a problem here?
And heck yea I see tons of people gearing so damn fast. it's not competitive and having a good gear, some heroic bosses brought down doesn't mean a crap.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
\m/ UNDYABLE \m/

Eronox
MVP

#213 » Post by Eronox » 02 Oct 2016 16:23

slocraft wrote:^ seems like u didn't quite understand what I meant.
Getting the BEST weapon from the end-game boss isn't a bust off at all. Can't u see a problem here?
And heck yea I see tons of people gearing so damn fast. it's not competitive and having a good gear, some heroic bosses brought down doesn't mean a crap.
So? How is this bad?

People just gets one more reason to actually stay since now you dont have to be in dedicated raiding guilds in order to proceed. And since there is so very few alternatives of guilds, my point stands boosted

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

slocraft

#214 » Post by slocraft » 02 Oct 2016 16:33

actually seeing most of people already maxed out was the reason for my friends refusing to join here. + making the game easier doesn't necessarily mean making it more enjoyable. I mean, wouldn't you like that for your gear actually to represent your skill?
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
\m/ UNDYABLE \m/

Nyeriah

#215 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Oct 2016 16:36

Yes, please link me your character so I can determine how your skill is.

------------

Yeah. It would be great if that could be true, and gear really reflected skill. But this simply isn't the game for that, and it never really happened outside of PvP ever in any expansion whatsoever.
Last edited by Nyeriah on 02 Oct 2016 16:38, edited 2 times in total.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

Eronox
MVP

#216 » Post by Eronox » 02 Oct 2016 16:37

Skye wrote:Yes, please link me your character so I can determine how your skill is.
+1

And I really don't see why you disaprove, none of your arguments seems realiable

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

slocraft

#217 » Post by slocraft » 02 Oct 2016 16:46

http://truewow.org/armory/character.php ... le&realm=t

there u go "determine" my skill xD
Listen I'm not being an asshole here. I just said what I think. Normally that's what everybody does on forums.
If you think that I'm wrong, I would like to hear why and would love to understand what I got wrong.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
\m/ UNDYABLE \m/

Eronox
MVP

#218 » Post by Eronox » 02 Oct 2016 16:53

slocraft wrote:http://truewow.org/armory/character.php ... le&realm=t

there u go "determine" my skill xD
Listen I'm not being an asshole here. I just said what I think. Normally that's what everybody does on forums.
If you think that I'm wrong, I would like to hear why and would love to understand what I got wrong.
No what I mean is, what are the reasons behind your denial? Its like, you bring up counter arguments instead of just providing the argument for your standing at once

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#219 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Oct 2016 16:56

Your post just seemed too far zooned out as if you were too lazy while writing it or you weren't playing on the server at all, sorry if I was blunt at that.

1) None is getting geared in a week or two;
2) There are about as many SMs now as there were 3 years ago, even if that equals to "many";
3) Yes, there was a buff on retail;
4) Not too many people are fond of the idea of gearing all over again
― Johnny R. Cash

slocraft

#220 » Post by slocraft » 02 Oct 2016 16:59

So basically, when you see a player with ICC25hc stuff, do you think that he/she/it did something special to get them? For me, a player with a sm means that he/she/it has just spent some time playing and not that he/she/it has some skill.
Increasing the difficulty of icc (reducing the buff or at least leaving @20%) will make it harder to get them. then people will actually have to try harder to obtain hc items and get BiS gear. Those who succeed, will feel somewhat special and superior (in a good way) compared to others. It will actually show a little bit more skill... Don't you think? :c
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
\m/ UNDYABLE \m/

Eronox
MVP

#221 » Post by Eronox » 02 Oct 2016 17:02

In 25 man scale the difference isnt huge. Like only cuz its 25% now, it doesnt mean guilds can pull LK heroic when they couldnt before.

But I understand your solitaried basing

- J.R Cash

Justicelight
Donor

#222 » Post by Justicelight » 02 Oct 2016 19:01

Any input from people which were "+1" on this suggestion regarding the raid performance after the implementation? Would be great to give some feedback from everyone, since they made it like it was the main issue or it was something that would really help. So feedback pelis, just to harmonize the staff < > players interaction.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

arnis5
Banned

#223 » Post by arnis5 » 02 Oct 2016 23:42

Hellraisers attempted LK25HC today and I can say 25% gave us much better chance with Valkyres in p2. We hited 47% LK with 25 people allive but unfortunately server DC which happened today kinda destroyed raid. So yes 25% buff actualy did help us in Icc25hc and you can expect soon Horde side killing LK25hc aswell if not even 2morow if we manage to make continue for our Icc25hc since its working day. :)
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

mcheka

#224 » Post by mcheka » 02 Oct 2016 23:58

Really glad to hear the buff is helping guilds other than just Inquisition. Good luck with it, really hope you guys get LK!
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Nyeriah

#225 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Oct 2016 07:20

Seeing there wasn't a whole lot of progress after the buff has been implemented, perhaps we should consider lowering it to the previous value. Feedback from others who haven't posted yet is welcome