[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

Gadoschi
Donor

Re: [Suggestion] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#166 » Post by Gadoschi » 10 Sep 2016 13:04

I agree with what Rohit said about perhaps even 30% being the sensible way to go considering all endgame content has been scripted and released for quite some time now, but mate - you complain about players voting "no" even though they're no longer playing the server, and your very signature says "retired from all PvE activities", talk about the irony :D
Last edited by Gadoschi on 10 Sep 2016 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

iceshock

#167 » Post by iceshock » 10 Sep 2016 13:05

@Nye thank you for such a detailed post and taking the time to write so much.

I personally as you know won't be changing my -1 vote as i truly believe 20% is such a big nerf that it's too easy already and a lot of tactics in most bosses can be ignored already.

But, thank you for the explaining though because that what you said about motivation for people to try harder etc, I admire that because that shows passion to keep things going, and im also a bit glad that the suggestion is posted for the right reasons and that you also understand that overall it won't change much in terms of performance, but the motivation it will bring is the real and the important.

Now my opinion, unfortunately I don't actually see too terribly well how it will work, If a raid is wiping at 20% something Is terribly wrong with the players in the raid or leading / explaining to them what to do or even raid setup, classes in the raid setup etc.

But for motivational sakes and for the remaining players on the server, I don't see a problem with a 5% increase to try motivate them to push harder, I hope it will actually help them a bit.
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

kerekes

#168 » Post by kerekes » 11 Sep 2016 07:33

+1

Rohit

#169 » Post by Rohit » 11 Sep 2016 11:39

Gadoschi wrote:I agree with what Rohit said about perhaps even 30% being the sensible way to go considering all endgame content has been scripted and released for quite some time now, but mate - you complain about players voting "no" even though they're no longer playing the server, and your very signature says "retired from all PvE activities", talk about the irony :D
Umm... How is that ironical? I prefer to be active in PvP rather than PvE at least for now. I've leveled up 9 80s, have geared them all in multiple specs. For the time being I'm just not into running long ICC runs as I don't have those long and continuous stretches of time to spare anymore. Also I'm not playing on any other server. My PvP activities can be tracked here http://www.truewow.org/pvpstats/ and you could decide for yourself how active I'm on this server. :)
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

dicviii

#170 » Post by dicviii » 12 Sep 2016 13:46

+1

Nyeriah

#171 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Sep 2016 10:00

Yes: Rohit, arnis5, Nesingwary, Terrordynu, Gnurg, milanlord, devil5000, Drine, Regent, exchanger1, vladancar, Eronox, divide, Bloodshade, Enigma, Wilcox, Dymond, belendor, Skye, GuidoSalducci, tanjim1, gann, Relina, Gadoschi, Thexelez, kryptos, Fastor, Blacklustersoldier, taunka1, testeromir, Bigjeffrey, pendulaks, Xantha, Macqo, Ortaega, Etro, toamuka, sinasina, Amroq, smartos, Gadoschi, BozoBog, daxerious, Sandar, DuraS, MrDamato123, Sweetsong, Hagaron, Crown, ludivoje, andriuspel, adiba, kerekes, dicviii (54)

No: mcheka, Tenebro, Triblatri, iceshock, x00er00, benta, kermo14k, alexiepower, Errorista, strunfovi, Longi, Blackwyrm, Sagiri, Amoriann, Fjord, soultaker, ghuna, Evildead, Justicelight, baran15, benzviliran, Matsy, blagovest_tonev, godofwow (24)

Nyeriah

#172 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Sep 2016 10:02

It seems like twice as many players are in favor of this than against it so we'll be updating the buff to 25% at the next update. This isn't by any means something definite, and we can always change it depending on the results we get and the further feedback from players. I'll leave this thread open.

visorvice

Re: [Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#173 » Post by visorvice » 14 Sep 2016 18:07

-1, This will only attract people who "Dont Improve" even after being taught what is to be done. And make no mistake LK25hc is Killable with the 20% buff. Targetting the game mechanics will not fix a person's brain. Cheers.

Eronox
MVP

#174 » Post by Eronox » 14 Sep 2016 22:36

visorvice wrote:-1, This will only attract people who "Dont Improve" even after being taught what is to be done. And make no mistake LK25hc is Killable with the 20% buff. Targetting the game mechanics will not fix a person's brain. Cheers.
Argument invalid. Go research more about the buff and its changes in the blizzlike way

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

iceshock

#175 » Post by iceshock » 14 Sep 2016 23:46

In all honest, Lich King tonight was so easy it was really really dumbed down and zero fun at all, 3 mins till enrage when he died, it really has just.. urh, it was.. boring.

Im not going to QQ too much, but it was already far too easy, bosses dieing 5 mins till enrage, now its 6 mins till enrage, Being able to ignore more tactic's, Valkyr's dieing before they have traveled 20% from the middle to edge,

Say this is like a traveling distance of the valkyrs @ LK25HC:

(Center of platform)____(Valkyr Dead25%)____|Valkyr dead 20%|___________________(Valkyr dead 5% buff)_____(Edge player dropped).

Really really easy and dumbed down, really really boring.

And it will again, like said millions of time, not help at all any raid that doesn't know tactic's for ICC, this will not benefit them at all, they still won't kill the bosses if they don't know what they are doing, they will just do a little bit more damage before they die due to failure of tactics.

Another thing is that like iv said before in this thread, when players came from Sunwell 5% server when it shutdown, they transfered here, played for 1 week and stopped playing because it was Boring... So a 25% buff won't get people to join server, it's made game more boring so people will leave, and nobody will join because of the high buff.
Last edited by iceshock on 14 Sep 2016 23:56, edited 3 times in total.

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.

Nyeriah

#176 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Sep 2016 23:53

Things were already pushing people away as they were.
Now you say this will also push people away.

Not doing anything pushes people away.
Doing something also pushes people away.

It's too early to conclude anything, but if things are really as it is pictured right now then there's nothing else to be done, because essentially everything (and anything) just pushes people away.

mcheka

#177 » Post by mcheka » 15 Sep 2016 00:37

First day raiding with the buff, ICC 25 heroic. My thoughts on it so far:

Numbers wise, the increase was barely noticeable on most encounters, as a raid group's DPS can vary by 5% or more just from week to week.

It was somewhat noticeable, but not a huge deal. Lich King was in fact significantly easier, but that's largely because the group itself was strong and overgeared. I believe Bangarang cited 300K raid DPS at the end of phase 2, while our previous highest-DPS kill (our first one when Valks still had LoS bug) was at 285K. This means that without the buff, this raid would have had roughly that DPS as well (300K / 1.25 * 1.2 = 288K), while our kill yesterday saw only 260-270K -- a 5% variation just in a single day, with no buff change.

Something that was somewhat an issue was complacency, but that may be a problem unique to Inquisition. Since we knew we had an extra 5% buff, we didn't take it as seriously and therefore tended to pay less attention to proper tactics. I'm not sure if other guilds will experience the same, but it's certainly a negative effect that I previously pointed out (making players worse). Also just a warning to raid leaders out there, to watch out for this and try to not let people think it's really any easier.

It's not groundbreaking, and most raids will still fail due to individual mistakes and tactics. Once in awhile, that extra % will allow a raid to carry one player who fails on tactics and is dead most of the fight, while the raid wouldn't have been able to with 20%. Still, it's a pretty small change.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

iceshock

#178 » Post by iceshock » 15 Sep 2016 00:46

Here is Val'kyrs dieing in our 25 Heroic tonight with 25% Buff, it was the most boring LK encounter iv ever done, Brain's out, Spread for defile, Dps stuff.

[youtube]2q31pAHwyc0[/youtube]

Chars:
Spoiler:

alexiepower

#179 » Post by alexiepower » 15 Sep 2016 01:00

iceshock wrote:Here is Val'kyrs dieing in our 25 Heroic tonight with 25% Buff, it was the most boring LK encounter iv ever done, Brain's out, Spread for defile, Dps stuff.

Bangarang's last words on that video perfectly sums up my thought's about the buff increase lol...
Guilds who dont do LK will most likely still not do it for the reasons already discussed in this topic, guilds who kill lich king will be bored AF of the LK encounter...
Yul Holy/Discipline Priest

Longi

#180 » Post by Longi » 15 Sep 2016 01:06

iceshock wrote:Here is Val'kyrs dieing in our 25 Heroic tonight with 25% Buff, it was the most boring LK encounter iv ever done, Brain's out, Spread for defile, Dps stuff.

If you are doing the same raid over and over and over again. At some moment it will be boring and no matter if the buff is 5% or 30 %