[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

Longi

Re: [Suggestion] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#61 » Post by Longi » 14 Aug 2016 23:56

Fastor wrote:+1

Reasons why not -1 is because stuff l read here made by people that were voting -1 are that if people did not learned 2012 raid by now there is no way they could do it now. They are simply too ignorant, lazy and/or retarded and rest of people could not even reach LK25n because of them. Second there are less and less people on server that are actually BiS Skill+Gear and able to down LK25hc, l dont think there are 50 of us on server.
and you know why there are " only " 50 skilled and geared players ? :D because if any newbie wants to get gear or skill, he/she has to wait untill
- every alt of those 50 cool guys will get Bis gear
- every friends of those 50 cool guys have main character, so those characters are next to gear up
- than you have friends of those 50 cool guys and their alts, so those characters are next to gear up
- next one are old players who came back so, officers want to give them a gift
- another stupid reason
- one more stupid reason
- again stupid reason
- newbie can get gear

so after this period, people will rather leave raiding, beacase there is no reason for them to play if they have no chance to get gear :D

every raid is like 15 same people and their alts or even more + few newcomers and you know old people lost patience, they dont want to teach newbies taktics after all years

-1 from me, beacuse it will be only easy way how to gear up alts and alts and more alts :D
Last edited by Longi on 15 Aug 2016 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

Blackwyrm

#62 » Post by Blackwyrm » 15 Aug 2016 00:07

Longi is right there.

Beside, the people leading raids actually would rather bring a few of their 3k gs guildies and require everyone else to be around 6k and pull the carry for them than having everyone pull their weight.

For seeing how stupid the current grp strats are, it would be a pain to grant them the easiness they crave for when they blame dpsers. Best example being Saurfang turned into tank and spank with the tank taking the beasts dmg instead of having rdps do the job and kite.

Even 20% is too much for this, rotting brains can't get better... giving gear or easing the fights will just make the cancer spread wider.

arnis5
Banned

#63 » Post by arnis5 » 15 Aug 2016 00:23

Could we atleast count votes from actual raiders only and ignore votes from this savages who randomly sudenly started loging to give their vote even tho they never entered Icc. Thanks.......
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#64 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 15 Aug 2016 02:11

I vote yes for every increasing buff topic, even though I don't play anymore.
Noobs should be able to get LK weps too!
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Sagiri
Donor

#65 » Post by Sagiri » 15 Aug 2016 02:34

I`m more the type that admires rewards going according to the effort, that only seems to be fair and normal. Not playing `hardcore`(hurr durr if you want to be so pro turn off the buff!) just as the game is presented to be played. Nothing more nothing less.

For all the players posting crap like "Yes, make it 30% I can`t be bothered with trash/spending time in raids" and similar, I have only one question - Why do you even play this game then? I can`t somehow see it as a valid argument. If a person prefers easy/fast content, there are always fun servers out there.

@Longi, you seem to have some bad experiences or you like to spit nonsense around. I don`t know about other guilds, but Inquisition has learning/gearing runs for both normal and heroic ICC. It`s not even a part of our DKP system, so literally ANYONE who TRULY wants to learn and improve is welcomed there. Noone is born being a good player/raider. But if you only want and put a bit of work into it, you can get far. We all been there at one point.
Now, do you know WHY the raids are being filled with alts or even mains of our players? Because there is simple NOT ENOUGH people wanting to attend them. Lower population is not only hitting horde guilds, we are very often filling those raids up with people from LFG channel. And it sometimes takes quite a long time... Ironically, I don`t see much of the `lone players struggling to raid, because big guilds blahblah` applying for them. Less crying, more action...

If the change is inevitable, all I could wish for is implementing idea presented by Aymane. Setting the buff according to needs of the raid would give the biggest variety of options, allowing more ways to enjoy the same content (Especially for progressive guilds and people wanting to improve, as they could try to lower the % gradually after clearing raid at certain level). The `can`t be bothered` crowd would be pleased as well.
Sounds like reasonable compromise, so -1 for currently presented suggestion as it only benefits part of the community, but big yes for the new system (0%, 5%, 10% etc.), that would be viable for everyone.
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

Fastor

#66 » Post by Fastor » 15 Aug 2016 02:52

Longi wrote:
Fastor wrote:+1

Reasons why not -1 is because stuff l read here made by people that were voting -1 are that if people did not learned 2012 raid by now there is no way they could do it now. They are simply too ignorant, lazy and/or retarded and rest of people could not even reach LK25n because of them. Second there are less and less people on server that are actually BiS Skill+Gear and able to down LK25hc, l dont think there are 50 of us on server.
and you know why there are " only " 50 skilled and geared players ? :D because if any newbie wants to get gear or skill, he/she has to wait untill
- every alt of those 50 cool guys will get Bis gear
- every friends of those 50 cool guys have main character, so those characters are next to gear up
- than you have friends of those 50 cool guys and their alts, so those characters are next to gear up
- next one are old players who came back so, officers want to give them a gift
- another stupid reason
- one more stupid reason
- again stupid reason
- newbie can get gear

so after this period, people will rather leave raiding, beacase there is no reason for them to play if they have no chance to get gear :D

every raid is like 15 same people and their alts or even more + few newcomers and you know old people lost patience, they dont want to teach newbies taktics after all years

-1 from me, beacuse it will be only easy way how to gear up alts and alts and more alts :D
Actually was pointing on amount of people that left.

taunka1

#67 » Post by taunka1 » 15 Aug 2016 03:46

+1 for 25% Buff

Stompa :P

Amoriann
Donor

#68 » Post by Amoriann » 15 Aug 2016 04:08

I'd rather see it as 30% or stay at 20% like what are u trying to do increasing it by 5% ? I really dont see any harm if we have the buff at 30%
-1 for 25%
+1 for 30%
30% would motivate me more than 25%
Professional Dps.

testeromir

#69 » Post by testeromir » 15 Aug 2016 09:30

+1,
I would like it to be 30%, but better 25% than 20%. I just wonder how the staff decided that 25% is the perfect solution.

Whoever have played on this server in the past few months and has more than 2 functioning braincells could see that things are going bad. And buff increase is needed. But it alone might not be enough to keep server going on. I urge staff to pay attention on fixes policy. Fix sm for pve. Fix broken classes in both pvp and pve. Once some basic stuff is fixed you can always fix things that u personally like or desire.
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Fjord
Donor

#70 » Post by Fjord » 15 Aug 2016 14:09

i dont see point in giving 5% either like others mentioned, all tho how about finally remove custom nerf on SM, Cuz it aint blizzlike, then damage would be higher as well, sure do 30% if pugs cant kill lady in icc25hc, or if people wont put efford and hours in icc, lets give em chance to donate gears from vote shop then ?!.

-1 25%
Gamers dont die, They R3spawn.

arnis5
Banned

#71 » Post by arnis5 » 15 Aug 2016 14:16

Amoriann wrote:I'd rather see it as 30% or stay at 20% like what are u trying to do increasing it by 5% ? I really dont see any harm if we have the buff at 30%
-1 for 25%
+1 for 30%
30% would motivate me more than 25%
As I said 30% would be much better for all of us to cover the gaps, but if we can take 5% atleast its something I know its not much but lets take it rather then nothing.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Longi

#72 » Post by Longi » 15 Aug 2016 14:25

Sagiri wrote: @Longi, you seem to have some bad experiences or you like to spit nonsense around. I don`t know about other guilds, but Inquisition has learning/gearing runs for both normal and heroic ICC. It`s not even a part of our DKP system, so literally ANYONE who TRULY wants to learn and improve is welcomed there. Noone is born being a good player/raider. But if you only want and put a bit of work into it, you can get far. We all been there at one point.
Now, do you know WHY the raids are being filled with alts or even mains of our players? Because there is simple NOT ENOUGH people wanting to attend them. Lower population is not only hitting horde guilds, we are very often filling those raids up with people from LFG channel. And it sometimes takes quite a long time... Ironically, I don`t see much of the `lone players struggling to raid, because big guilds blahblah` applying for them. Less crying, more action...
no, Sagiri I dont want to spit nonsense around. Gearing / Learning runs are fine, but look how new players see it. Guild is doing 5 raids per week or more, those players want to play, but they can join only in specific day. Its like you want to play with us ? ok .. but you can join only on monday when there is run for newbies while other days are full of alts. Players are getting whispers if there is raid and why they dont get inv and so on. Im not crying im just trying to point on thing how guilds are acting when there is enough players and than this " drama " when server has low population :) we all know none wants to stay in raid for X-Y hours after these year playing wotlk when you can do same raid faster with skilled players and their alts insted of some new dudes which may wipe raid many times :) its same with these many types of difficulty, none will take hard one if with bigger buff you can save few hours of your life :)

soultaker
Donor

#73 » Post by soultaker » 15 Aug 2016 14:32

This increase won't change anything, not in tactics and not in ability of pug raids to do better. Me personally , I don't like the idea because even with 20% it looks boring enough, but if this can be a plus for the server in general then do it. Let's be honest , zone buff in ICC is not the problem and never was.
All that being said , -1 from me.
Vindico - Retribution/Holy PvE
Rhon - Protection/Holy PvE
Thickly - Holy PvE
Lucidus - Restoration PvE
Splendor - Feral DPS /Restoration PvE
Scelus - UH PvE / Blood Tank PvE
Detrimentum - Assassination PvE

Wilcox

#74 » Post by Wilcox » 15 Aug 2016 15:00

it actually will improve things though. everything will be over overally faster due to %5 increased dps and everything will be better due to %5 increased heals, tanks will be tougher due to %5 increased health and w/e

sure, tactics are the most vital part of it all, but the buff does change a great deal. let's take a 25 man raid as an example. normally speaking, a 25 man raid has;

2 tanks
5 healers
18 damage dealers

let's be generous and assign 7.5k overall dps for all the damage dealers combined, some do much higher and some do much less. this gives us 135k damage per second to a boss that stands still.

let's assume a fight lasts 1 minute. in this 1 minute (completely excluding the damage of the tanks and even some healers) the boss would take 8.1M damage

now with the %5 increase, the 135k dps would turn into 141,750dps, resulting in an overall damage of 8,505,000. the difference of a minute under generous circumstances is 405,000. so going ahead and saying that it will change NOTHING is very cruel and ignorant. this calculation might sound like bullshit to the most of you, but it has a point to a certain extent. take the saurfang fight for example, that fight lasts like 4-6 minutes. you've got 1.6m - 2.4m health difference there. it DOES matter, even if it's %5.

soultaker
Donor

#75 » Post by soultaker » 15 Aug 2016 15:23

I spent enough time raiding in less geared, even undergeared raids and rarely the damage output was the problem, so yeah, 5% increase has its merits, but that will not make such a big difference. Maybe killing certain bosses will be easier , it will speed up the raid in general or it will help to those that actually try and fail at that last 1% .So maybe it's not really "nothing", but it is the way I see it. If I wanted to do one thing over and over again without any chalenge then my vote would be positive. If removing the buff was possible , I would do that too,but the truth here is that the server is not ready for that even with all the gear people already have.
Vindico - Retribution/Holy PvE
Rhon - Protection/Holy PvE
Thickly - Holy PvE
Lucidus - Restoration PvE
Splendor - Feral DPS /Restoration PvE
Scelus - UH PvE / Blood Tank PvE
Detrimentum - Assassination PvE