[Accepted] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

devil5000

Re: [Suggestion] Increasing Icecrown Citadel's Buff to 25%

#16 » Post by devil5000 » 13 Aug 2016 18:40

+1

Considering teh nerfs and fixes it would be rly nice for PuG's and even Guilds that dont have alot of op geared people to experience some of the harder bosses.30% would be even better.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

iceshock

#17 » Post by iceshock » 13 Aug 2016 18:41

The buff should remain 20% or be reduced.

I don't have sympathy for anybody who doesn't put 110% effort in to kill the bosses then crys he can't kill them or get invited to raids that do.
I spent month's of hard work week after week training players for LK to kill val'kyrs even when the boss was still killable the old way by ignoring them... and look now, 7 weeks in a row the boss has died after 1-3 attempts every week, infact we are planning a 2nd kill per week.

20% is quite a rofflestomp now, even our gearing run the other week with players geared 5.6k the lowest player up to 6.2k, and average of 5.9k, it killed PP25HC because the players wanted it and they worked hard.

Nothing comes free or easy, you have to put effort in to achieve what you want.

Most other private servers are 5% or 10% icc buff, there players have learnt it hard mode, when the odd occasion one comes here, they actually find it too easy and stop playing after 1-2 raids. like we gained a few old sunwell players who transfered here before it shut down, they was absolutely the best players i have ever seen, 1-2 weeks later, they'd stopped playing as it was too easy and them are there words, not mine.

By putting 25% or 30% buff, you may aswell be preparing to go cata, like on retail it was "ok new patch is out soon, heres 30% buff every man and his dog can now go farm LK and get the loot and acheives as new patch is coming out soon".
Last edited by iceshock on 13 Aug 2016 18:56, edited 2 times in total.
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Gnurg

#18 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Aug 2016 18:42

Considering it's primarily the larger guilds who prefer the same or less buff....

You could give 20 % to Hellraisers and Inquisition, everyone else can have more. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Drine
Donor

#19 » Post by Drine » 13 Aug 2016 18:58

The option to remove the "ICC buff" is still available.

So with that I believe if people wish for a challenge they should opt to remove the buff on their own terms. Just like with any game you play nowadays there is a difficulty setting to suit all players. Not everyone is the same and you cannot expect everyone to learn things at the same pace.

So try to think of this as something for every type of player and not just one particular ideal player.

+1 btw.

Best Regards,

Shay

arnis5
Banned

#20 » Post by arnis5 » 13 Aug 2016 19:00

iceshock wrote:The buff should remain 20% or be reduced.

I don't have sympathy for anybody who doesn't put 110% effort in to kill the bosses then crys he can't kill them or get invited to raids that do.
I spent month's of hard work week after week training players for LK to kill val'kyrs even when the boss was still killable the old way by ignoring them... and look now, 7 weeks in a row the boss has died after 1-3 attempts every week, infact we are planning a 2nd kill per week.

20% is quite a rofflestomp now, even our gearing run the other week with players geared 5.6k the lowest player up to 6.2k, and average of 5.9k, it killed PP25HC because the players wanted it and they worked hard.

Nothing comes free or easy, you have to put effort in to achieve what you want.

Most other private servers are 5% or 10% icc buff, there players have learnt it hard mode, when the odd occasion one comes here, they actually find it too easy and stop playing after 1-2 raids. like we gained a few old sunwell players who transfered here before it shut down, they was absolutely the best players i have ever seen, 1-2 weeks later, they'd stopped playing as it was too easy and them are there words, not mine.

By putting 25% or 30% buff, you may aswell be preparing to go cata, like on retail it was "ok new patch is out soon, heres 30% buff every man and his dog can now go farm LK and get the loot and acheives as new patch is coming out soon".
If you wana do it hard way np you can always talk to Tirion and remove you buff and do it with 0% if you want and let us others enjoy the buff :)
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Regent
Tester

#21 » Post by Regent » 13 Aug 2016 19:03

Drine wrote:The option to remove the "ICC buff" is still available.

So with that I believe if people wish for a challenge they should opt to remove the buff on their own terms. Just like with any game you play nowadays there is a difficulty setting to suit all players. Not everyone is the same and you cannot expect everyone to learn things at the same pace.

So try to think of this as something for every type of player and not just one particular ideal player.

+1 btw.

Best Regards,
Shay
I wholeheartedly agree.
+1

It should have been done a long time ago.
If people want a challenge, the NPC to remove the buff is already present and working. Don't force it upon the rest of the population of casual players (myself included) that can't be bothered to waste time wiping on something that is already half a decade old (if not older) by now. I personally don't mind doing it on even 10% or 5%, etc, but I can't permit myself to be selfish here and not think of the needs of those who aren't as well geared as I am or people who haven't even had their first LK kill yet (not to mention people who don't know that there's more to ICC than 4-boss runs on 10 heroic).
This is the time to broaden perspectives and to think of the overall well-being of the server by catering to the needs of the majority, rather than the minority.
Otherwise, be prepared to watch TrueWoW's population slowly deteriorate to the point where there aren't even enough people anymore to make 10-man pug raids on either faction; at which point RDF/RHC will be all that's left of PvE on TW.
Last edited by Regent on 13 Aug 2016 20:50, edited 2 times in total.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

devil5000

#22 » Post by devil5000 » 13 Aug 2016 19:09

Gnurg wrote:Considering it's primarily the larger guilds who prefer the same or less buff....

You could give 20 % to Hellraisers and Inquisition, everyone else can have more. :-)
Only Inquisition wants the same or reduced buff.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

iceshock

#23 » Post by iceshock » 13 Aug 2016 19:27

Removing the buff by talking to the NPC is something we have talked about doing a few times, Once 2x stable LK kill's per week, (mains / alt's), we will be doing this on the mains or giving it a try.

It will teach player's how to play better, work harder than ever before, then come time to do it on alt's with the buff, it will be a piece of cake.

Which is why player's who are putting in effort atm, they are doing well, they aren't crying that it's too hard.

Crit happens is doing really good at the moment, a true progression guild and it's great to watch them learn and see how they are progressing.
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

exchanger1

#24 » Post by exchanger1 » 13 Aug 2016 19:28

+1, stop being so fucking selfish
Crown aka Poslednji

vladancar

#25 » Post by vladancar » 13 Aug 2016 19:53

+1, would speed up raid

Eronox
MVP

#26 » Post by Eronox » 13 Aug 2016 20:18

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

arnis5
Banned

#27 » Post by arnis5 » 13 Aug 2016 20:18

iceshock wrote:Removing the buff by talking to the NPC is something we have talked about doing a few times, Once 2x stable LK kill's per week, (mains / alt's), we will be doing this on the mains or giving it a try.

It will teach player's how to play better, work harder than ever before, then come time to do it on alt's with the buff, it will be a piece of cake.

Which is why player's who are putting in effort atm, they are doing well, they aren't crying that it's too hard.

Crit happens is doing really good at the moment, a true progression guild and it's great to watch them learn and see how they are progressing.
Yep so if you wana be op remove buff and gj to you guys but let us others use buff ty and gl with killing lk without buff :)
The Demonic Lord!

Gnurg

#28 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Aug 2016 20:23

devil5000 wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Considering it's primarily the larger guilds who prefer the same or less buff....

Only Inquisition wants the same or reduced buff.
Only Inquisition then! I thought Teneboro was a raid leader in Hellraiser.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

divide

#29 » Post by divide » 13 Aug 2016 20:40

+1

arnis5
Banned

#30 » Post by arnis5 » 13 Aug 2016 20:58

Well so far good results 14 voted YES :tick: and only 4 voted NO :cross:
The Demonic Lord!