Crossfraction Raiding + RDF

Amoriann
Donor

Crossfraction Raiding + RDF

#1 » Post by Amoriann » 27 Jul 2016 07:05

Looks like it is near to the end for this server with no backup plan (transfer / merge) and I think crossfraction raiding + RDF will help a lot with getting our raids grp full and also for those people sitting in RDF queue for hours to pop will also a big boost lowering rdf queue times and other stuff.

Divinity guild does have a 2nd part in Horde side where we struggle a lot to get our raids full and certainly we just cannot force everyone on Horde guild to join us on the alliance side cause "Fraction Transfer" is already a 5 Euro sellout with most people showing ZERO interest in voting ... like 1 month of voting to transfer just 1 char....Dont think i am being a bit bias about our GUILD only just look at other guilds they are struggling too.

Plz keep the server alive and enable this feature, there is nothing called blizzlike in this server and it will benefit everyone. :tick:

Regards,
Amorian
Professional Dps.

Roel
Founder

Re: Crossfraction Raiding + RDF

#2 » Post by Roel » 27 Jul 2016 09:52

At some point this will become a necessity just like it has been on PrimalWoW with 40 man raids. But I don't think we ever had it at TrueWoW even when we had half the current population in the early days. In any case I think the community should decide this. As soon as the majority is in favor of this compromise then it should happen.

milanlord

#3 » Post by milanlord » 27 Jul 2016 10:30

Yes from me.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

elementalice

#4 » Post by elementalice » 27 Jul 2016 10:38

absolutely no

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Tenebro » 27 Jul 2016 11:24

no ty

ribbaribbahey

#6 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 27 Jul 2016 11:25

kek

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 27 Jul 2016 11:34

Actually lm interested, yes.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Nymunne » 27 Jul 2016 11:49

Not trying to influence people's decision when saying yes or no but please when posting keep in mind what good and bad this can be for the server.

What i mean by this is that is if players are struggling to get into a RDF or form a raid then I'd personally would like to cast the vote for what's best for the server and the community instead of thinking of grudges against people. Keep in mind that this will affect PVE.

milanlord

#9 » Post by milanlord » 27 Jul 2016 12:05

Nymunne wrote:Not trying to influence people's decision when saying yes or no but please when posting keep in mind what good and bad this can be for the server.

What i mean by this is that is if players are struggling to get into a RDF or form a raid then I'd personally would like to cast the vote for what's best for the server and the community instead of thinking of grudges against people. Keep in mind that this will affect PVE.
Exactly, I'm not a fan of Amorian, personally I don't like him very much, but I think his suggestion is good, I had good experience with this, when they enabled it on Omegawow, it saved the remaining people,with the population of 50 people online(counting both sides), we managed to do many raids, and the population started slowly to increase, cause people could actually do something, instead of, come online see no raids no anything, they go offline(I think this is mostly horde problem atm,but alliance has them too). That's why I gave my vote for yes.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

iceshock

#10 » Post by iceshock » 27 Jul 2016 12:18

In my opinion, when a server goes crossfaction it's admitted death, omega enabled crossfaction in the later stages, died two weeks later, and another previous server before there that I played did, so I don't agree with crossfaction, it makes people panic as they realise something is wrong, its a big change and it's one that half of the people won't agree on and then you will loose half of the population in the flick of a button.

also summer holidays is coming soon and in a few months it will be coming fall and will be coming colder outside, darker nights and worse weather again, so people will be forced indoors and coming back to wow.

But if that doesn't happen this year (though it has every year).

Then Instead of this crossfaction idea, and as much as it pains me to say it, If things don't pick up I think TrueWoW should have a backup plan and maybe negotiate with another blizzlike non-donor 3.3.5 end game private server just as a backup plan. It could bring some good opportunities like creating the ultimate place to play wotlk and experience the game, but at the same time it would be a lot of hard work and effort and things don't happen over night and negotiations can be quite hard.

But what ever happens, the one thing I don't want to see is what happened to sunwell, where it was just switched off and everyone lost everything and 5k active people had nothing to do and lost everything just in a click of the fingers. As long as that will never happen we have a Wotlk future.
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Virdo
Donor

#11 » Post by Virdo » 27 Jul 2016 12:27

I fully agree with iceshock, nice explanation.

About this suggestion: No to this. There is a big chance of more people leaving the server if this gets accepted. As mentioned before, this server had way less population than now and even that time it was fine without it.

Divinity sometimes have nearly 40 players online and if you cannot raid like that its your own problem. Our guild lost many people to alliance and we still manage to form a raid. Also i believe other guilds around are managing fine right now.

Makes me think that this suggestion is only to benefit divinity as each week we get to read some complainings about their problems with the pve management.

Divinity players even ruined the free faction change (by transfering a lot of chars to horde just to change statistics a bit) that was needed to balance horde activity. So it kinda screw up, the free faction change didnt help at all like it helped alliance years ago.

shaun03

#12 » Post by shaun03 » 27 Jul 2016 12:41

Bad idea, if you want to prolong the life of the server, sort out the pvp scene (end game will be affected by what is done to levelling pvp). Since the early days of the server, the rivalry between horde and alliance was always the strongest factor affecting the population. Since everyone has been able to complete every raid on a weekly basis, there's no longer any motivation to try to better each other. A time portal back to 2010 would be the only way to bring the appeal of server (pve-wise) back.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Wilcox

#13 » Post by Wilcox » 27 Jul 2016 12:52

shaun03 wrote:If you want to prolong the life of the server, sort out the pvp scene

Eronox
MVP

#14 » Post by Eronox » 27 Jul 2016 12:59

I'd say yes as well. Leveling is boring as it is; with some crossfaction RDF it'd be nice.
However, I don't like the idea of crossfaction Raiding because this would require cross-faction chat in /world, or at least /lfg, since the PuG raids

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Chillmaster

#15 » Post by Chillmaster » 27 Jul 2016 12:59

Yeah I don`t think that is a good idea, more people will leave server and definitely new people who are looking for blizzlike content will not join the server.