[Accepted] Stop Hiding behind tickets and whisper people

Matsy

[Accepted] Stop Hiding behind tickets and whisper people

#1 » Post by Matsy » 06 May 2016 17:57

This has been going on awhile. Staff members are hiding behind the ticket system far too much giving generic responces which usually need another ticket opened and more waiting.

Please re-add the rule that staff have to respond to tickets by whispers and not use the ticket system to hide behind. I'm sure some of you do, but from what I've seen and been told over the last few months, allot of staff are using the ticket system to respond which shouldnt be done unless that player is offline and you have sorted there issue.

Another suggestion from liran, add your gm name to tickets so players know who you are...that would also be acceptable.
Last edited by Matsy on 10 May 2016 01:31, edited 7 times in total.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Eronox
MVP

Re: [TW STAFF] Stop Hiding behind tickets

#2 » Post by Eronox » 06 May 2016 18:03

The GM who always shows up when I'm in need of staff assistance, is Mortium ^_^

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 06 May 2016 18:04

We've received *very* quick help in response to tickets we've had when Flamegor and Thunderaan we're bugged. Staff responded quickly, professionally, and had a great attitude.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Matsy

#4 » Post by Matsy » 06 May 2016 18:05

Fitzpatrick wrote:We've received *very* quick help in response to tickets we've had when Flamegor and Thunderaan we're bugged. Staff responded quickly, professionally, and had a great attitude.
This is for truewow.
Matsy pls

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 06 May 2016 18:10

Matsy wrote:
Fitzpatrick wrote:We've received *very* quick help in response to tickets we've had when Flamegor and Thunderaan we're bugged. Staff responded quickly, professionally, and had a great attitude.
This is for truewow.
My point was: maybe the issue is not the staff.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Flooded
Former Staff

Re: [TW STAFF] Stop Hiding behind tickets and whisper people

#6 » Post by Flooded » 06 May 2016 18:13

Our GM and staff team are unpaid volunteers; we work to help you during our free time. Hours can sometimes add up to be similar to a part time or full time job. We are from all parts of the world and our schedules vary widely. Sometimes, if we leave a ticket open, its because we need help from more senior staff as we lack the knowledge to solve your issue.

Typically if you're having issues that we're not addressing through game, your best course of action is to private message a staff member here on the forums or try to get ahold of someone on the IRC.

I personally spend most of my time playing on PrimalWoW and my knowledge of that server and its issues is much better than that of TrueWoW. I do my best to answer tickets as fast as I can when I am not raiding or at work.

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 06 May 2016 18:14

I try to always appear before the player and converse with them, and I think there are many to bear witness to this.
(Horizon)
Sometimes (not so many these days now) I am helpless to solve an issue, but I do try to converse through it as much as possible, to give general guidance, do the googling for the player before leaving.
So I find the attack against TGMs insulting. Flooded is mainly doing work for Primal and I have only seen a ticket from you once, about a quest in Icecrown. I'm guessing we don't play or use the computer at the same times, since while I am on, there are no tickets from you.
Do not make assumptions.
Also I have assisted countless people on both realms without them even submitting a ticket in, just by looking for a GM, even if it's not my duty to do so, and is undocumented assistance.
I'm just putting this out here for information, but now I withdraw from any further discussion about this. I have no reason or will to justify myself or defend myself, I do what I can when I can, which is usually a lot. Most people seem grateful, though.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

w00le

#8 » Post by w00le » 06 May 2016 18:26

Wow, Matsy made a post without hentai animation. Faith in weaboos restored.

Matsy

#9 » Post by Matsy » 06 May 2016 18:41

-see top post
Last edited by Matsy on 06 May 2016 19:15, edited 2 times in total.
Matsy pls

Jiranthos
Admin

#10 » Post by Jiranthos » 06 May 2016 19:02

I know I said I'd withdraw, but I have to answer these claims, since you are twisting them.
Matsy wrote: Its fine to say "Hello Matsy, I unfortuntatly cannot help with your ticket, please wait for a senior GM to respond, thanks!" anything to show you are there.
This is exactly what I did then, and I have had 0 interaction with you since then (not through whispers, tickets or any kind of different communication, so, no, I did not answer you through tickets).
Matsy wrote: The icecrown quests which I made a ticket about was a very simple thing
I know, and I know how to solve the issue and test it, too. The problem is not lack of knowledge or experience (in this one case, at least), but the limitation of commands available. I appeared, fully visible, assuring you know your issue is being looked at and did what I could with the limited power at that moment. When I saw my methods would not work, I did inform you that you're going to need someone with higher access and conversed with you until the very end, when you thanked me for showing up and my time and efforts. You're free to laugh at or criticize the uselessness of me at that moment in time, and even argue that if I couldn't do anything, I shouldn't have appeared, but that'd go against and contradict your own argument, that we should inform in any way or form that we are present and not just ignoring or anonymously responding generic responses to issues.
Matsy wrote: I have no clue who you or Jiranthos are and I doubt many other people do either.
A false, empirical assumption once again. Refrain from making such, it doesn't help your cause or ours, and is bad practice in mediation, negotiation and proves nothing, and only forces the other party to respond with more comments in defense of themselves, and the defense has no contribution to the resolution of the issue.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Eronox
MVP

#11 » Post by Eronox » 06 May 2016 19:06

Solution: Rehire Matsy!

Seriously though, I had no clue that Jiranthos went from Tester to Trial-GM in such a sudden. Same goes for "flooded", who the hell?

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Matsy

#12 » Post by Matsy » 06 May 2016 19:08

Jiranthos the only staff I remember who showed up (apart from Dymond) was someone called Mith something, forgot full name, but started with M. Its thats you, fine, but no one else responded @ that time.
Matsy pls

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 May 2016 19:08

Matsy wrote:Jiranthos the only staff I remember who showed up (apart from Dymond) was someone called Mith something, forgot full name, but started with M. Its thats you, fine, but no one else responded @ that time.
Mithrandir?

Matsy

#14 » Post by Matsy » 06 May 2016 19:09

Nyeriah wrote:
Matsy wrote:Jiranthos the only staff I remember who showed up (apart from Dymond) was someone called Mith something, forgot full name, but started with M. Its thats you, fine, but no one else responded @ that time.
Mithrandir?
Nah wasn't Mithrandir. he specifically said he was a trial GM and had no commands to help, he even teleported to me and I showed him the issue.
You dont have a GM list anymore (for whatever reason?) from what I can tell, so can't look it up.
Anyway it doesnt matter, entire point of the thread is to get all staff to respond by whispers, instead of tickets, editing the post as people taking it personally.
Matsy pls

Jiranthos
Admin

#15 » Post by Jiranthos » 06 May 2016 19:17

Eronox wrote:Solution: Rehire Matsy!

Seriously though, I had no clue that Jiranthos went from Tester to Trial-GM in such a sudden. Same goes for "flooded", who the hell?
Most GMs have another identity to shield them against personal bias and favoritism. And it is their own business and is respectable. But Flooded is a PrimalWoW player - and in turn - mostly PrimalWoW Gamemaster, so unless you play there, I doubt you would have any idea about the person if they revealed their player name anyway.
I chose not to hide, and I'd say I know (and in return they know me) most Alliance TrueWoW players and the most popular of Horde TrueWoW players, so I wouldn't say I'm someone from nowhere, even if I don't care about recognition, per se.
Like you said, I was a Tester previously, and that stems from my interest to give back to the server the countless hours of free entertainment and medium for getting to know new and interesting people. I feel like I owe the server, so I started as a Tester, started voting, started helping on the forums and I've upped the volunteer work I wish and can do for the server and the community to other areas as well, namely, Gamemastering. If you think such devotion is laughable, you can go ahead and laugh but I'm here to do as much good as I can, when I can, with no underlying motive. If you're wondering when I took on these new responsibilities (GM), then that happened 3 weeks ago.
Matsy wrote:
My GM name is Horizon, and it was me, and it doesn't start with Mith.
And you can always browse this for a general idea of what is happening in the staff section:
http://truewow.org/forum/memberlist.php?mode=team