[Accepted] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

Saddie

Re: [TrueWoW/Public Opinion Research/Poll] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

#61 » Post by Saddie » 13 Apr 2016 15:38

+1 from me, Etro summed it up great in his post before, I don't see any harm in it since it's only visual, and being super shallow myself when it comes to my characters' looks I'm looking forward to this big time :tick:

exchanger1

#62 » Post by exchanger1 » 13 Apr 2016 16:32

fully supporting this feature, as I am eager to modify my character visually without bothering to switch the gear constantly, therefor +1 from me
Last edited by exchanger1 on 13 Apr 2016 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
Crown aka Poslednji

alexiepower

#63 » Post by alexiepower » 13 Apr 2016 17:43

marisco wrote:How about the true WOTLK experience that you guys make sure to advertise so much? Let's throw it away?

Dude, if I wanted to play on a server with a shitty custom made transmog I would play on a server with a shitty custom made transmog. Please don't start jumping the shark. This obsession with changing the philosophy of the server just to attract more players is generally what spells doom for it.
Exactly my opinion too. -1 :cross:
Yul Holy/Discipline Priest

Etro
Honorary Member

#64 » Post by Etro » 13 Apr 2016 18:02

Tenebro wrote:-1 rather bother fixing some bugs around than adding a feature that's not necessary at all
As previously said, the staff is favourable to implementing this and you shoud let those who fix bugs worry about bugs.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Sweetsong

#65 » Post by Sweetsong » 13 Apr 2016 18:07

Not interested in this feature at all. -1

Drine
Donor

#66 » Post by Drine » 13 Apr 2016 18:10

+1 from Drine.
Go! Vote xmog Truewow 2016 !
Drine Approves.

Nyeriah

#67 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2016 18:15

No (8)
NoblestHeart, mcheka, Liqueur, Justicelight, Naxp, Tenebro, alexiepower, Sweetsong

Yes (26)
Etro, longi, prodigy, Folkk, Boxis, Naljs, xtopher, Demontoleanon, silverius, Deim, arnis5, Dymond, unghie2005, tinozza, devil5000, Cocopuffs, Regent, Matsy, keez, Blacklustersoldier, ItchyVortex, Dysphoria, Fastor, Saddie, exchanger1, Drine

ItchyVortex

#68 » Post by ItchyVortex » 13 Apr 2016 18:30

Nyeriah wrote:No (8)
NoblestHeart, mcheka, Liqueur, Justicelight, Naxp, Tenebro, alexiepower, Sweetsong

Yes (26)
Etro, longi, prodigy, Folkk, Boxis, Naljs, xtopher, Demontoleanon, silverius, Deim, arnis5, Dymond, unghie2005, tinozza, devil5000, Cocopuffs, Regent, Matsy, keez, Blacklustersoldier, ItchyVortex, Dysphoria, Fastor, Saddie, exchanger1, Drine
What is the yes/no ratio that we need to get this implemented?
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Nyeriah

#69 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2016 18:39

At least 2/3 of the total of votes in favor would be acceptable, I guess. We'll run this discussion until 20th and see the results by then.

Vaen

#70 » Post by Vaen » 13 Apr 2016 18:41

+1, I'm all for it. I think others summed it up nicely as well. As much as I'd like to think that this disrupts the homogeneity of the gear of people you see every day in Dalaran, I think the benefits (reviving old raids and making the game somewhat more lively) far outweigh the so-called consequences. After all, seeing T10 and Wrathful gear equipped on everyone somehow gets boring after a while.

As for the blizzlikeness side, I don't think a cosmetic change would hurt the blizzlike principle upon which the server is founded. If we enabled Transmogrification, every suggestion that follows it up should be considered individually and objectively, in such a way that previous accepted or rejected suggestions do not affect the final outcome. "Transmog was implement, why won't you also implement this?" isn't some valid form of argument, and I hope most of staff can agree with me.
Last edited by Vaen on 13 Apr 2016 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Dropdead

#71 » Post by Dropdead » 13 Apr 2016 18:41

Matsy

#72 » Post by Matsy » 13 Apr 2016 18:42

The people saying no because it will take staff time away from fixing bugs, do realise that its not going to make a difference as different staff work on different things right....

You need to realise this is a small community, most other servers have implemented some sort of transmog because it does bring players and revives old content. This will actually give people a REASON to log on for older raids again.

Also...its COSMETIC, its not going to effect anything.
Last edited by Matsy on 13 Apr 2016 18:44, edited 2 times in total.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Wilcox

#73 » Post by Wilcox » 13 Apr 2016 18:43

+1 but my vote should count as 20 votes because im truewow's one true wrathful gladiator

on a serious note now that I annoyed some people with my amazing way of entering the topic; yes please. only disadvantage of xmog is that you can't know if the other person is wearing pvp or pve gear judging by looks. other than that, it's completely cosmetic as stated previously. (i really want to be able to actually use the corrupted ashbringer and get soul fragments ;>)

edit;
Tenebro wrote:-1 rather bother fixing some bugs around than adding a feature that's not necessary at all
i sense butt pain from a serial bug abuser. just because you think that "bugs aren't getting fixed fast enough" doesn't mean you can abuse them, learn to avoid them instead

Vaen

#74 » Post by Vaen » 13 Apr 2016 18:51

yes please. only disadvantage of xmog is that you can't know if the other person is wearing pvp or pve gear judging by looks. other than that, it's completely cosmetic as stated previously.
Just wanted to drop a comment on this. Judging another person's gear is much easier looking at their HP/Mana than their gear. If I wanted to play in full pve gear people would notice by looking at my HP unless I were retarded and gemmed stamina, in which case it's not going to help me much.

You can judge a person's gear by looking at their damage/healing too anyways. Hell, you can even go to the armory, type in their name and check their current gear.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

belekoxa

#75 » Post by belekoxa » 13 Apr 2016 18:52

-1 from me. I think the main reason most of players joined, merged into tw, was the reason it was trying to provide blizz alike experience as much as possible and this feature definitely is not blizzlike at current expansion.
Lukas