Hairbrush

Re: [TrueWoW/Public Opinion Research/Poll] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

#76 » Post by Hairbrush » 13 Apr 2016 18:56

+1

Dunkelstein

#77 » Post by Dunkelstein » 13 Apr 2016 19:00

For Truewow:
The content has been static for a long time now. What makes the game in such a case is usually the community, I think.
I would say +1 but I don't play on TW.

For Primal (Yes I know, you said it would only affect TW, but still):
IMO changing your gear is part of progression. As you character achieves victories, he/she collects different equipment for different occasions along the way. It's part of that 'my char is getting stronger' feel and I think it should be kept that way.
Take Hunter Tier for example: As you slaughter dragons in BWL you are being 'rewarded' with Dragonstalker gear, made from your 'prey' to help you defeat even more dragons. Same with T3 in Naxx (I guess it even has some RP value).

I would also generally be against it because I like to see what gear my opponents are using in PvP (one good example would be what weapon a warrior is using), however we have an almost perfect Armory that seems to almost update in real time (or I guess when relogging, don't really know).
Also, shouldn't Legendaries stay untransmogrifiable in any case? Atleast I think that's how it was/is on retail (?)
Aka Funkelstein

kurthos

#78 » Post by kurthos » 13 Apr 2016 19:16

+ 1 truewow

- 1 for primalWoW (until wotlk)

Myaoming
Former Staff

#79 » Post by Myaoming » 13 Apr 2016 19:22

+1!

I always wanted an improvement for this version of the game (Enchanced WotLK). I don't see such features as part of a certain expansion, but more like part of the game as a whole. And I'm talking about features that don't affect the gameplay. Some people may argue that Transmog might affect PvP as some people can recognize gear from its looks and "guess" the resilience of players in Arena/BG, but I personally don't give it that much importance.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Wilcox

#80 » Post by Wilcox » 13 Apr 2016 19:45

Vaen wrote:
yes please. only disadvantage of xmog is that you can't know if the other person is wearing pvp or pve gear judging by looks. other than that, it's completely cosmetic as stated previously.
Just wanted to drop a comment on this. Judging another person's gear is much easier looking at their HP/Mana than their gear. If I wanted to play in full pve gear people would notice by looking at my HP unless I were retarded and gemmed stamina, in which case it's not going to help me much.

You can judge a person's gear by looking at their damage/healing too anyways. Hell, you can even go to the armory, type in their name and check their current gear.

yeah of course, but looking will no longer be an option, that's what I was trying to imply

ItchyVortex

#81 » Post by ItchyVortex » 13 Apr 2016 19:47

About this "guess the enemy resil" arguement, while its true and I can't disagree entirely with it I'd like to remind that most pieces are hidden anyway, jewelry is completely invisible and I dont think anyone doxxes the enemy boots, belts and bracers in the heat of a battle anyway. Most likely everyone is using PvP gloves due to their bonus effect and "Robe-like" chest pieces will cover your legs too.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Matsy

#82 » Post by Matsy » 13 Apr 2016 19:53

Doesn't everyone look at hp to determine there pvp gear level? no? just me?
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Wilcox

#83 » Post by Wilcox » 13 Apr 2016 19:56

i think y'all misunderstood me. i was trying to imply how the only possible downside was so insignificiant D:

edit; also perhaps that retarded phlegma will stop doing battlegrounds in t9 and thunderfury, he can xmog them instead <,<

cutix3

#84 » Post by cutix3 » 13 Apr 2016 20:02

Yes! Definitely Yes! +1

Myaoming
Former Staff

#85 » Post by Myaoming » 13 Apr 2016 20:16

ItchyVortex wrote:About this "guess the enemy resil" arguement, while its true and I can't disagree entirely with it I'd like to remind that most pieces are hidden anyway, jewelry is completely invisible and I dont think anyone doxxes the enemy boots, belts and bracers in the heat of a battle anyway. Most likely everyone is using PvP gloves due to their bonus effect and "Robe-like" chest pieces will cover your legs too.
Indeed, I find it damn useless xD
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

keez
Donor

#86 » Post by keez » 13 Apr 2016 20:20

Wilcox wrote:also perhaps that retarded phlegma will stop doing battlegrounds in t9 and thunderfury, he can xmog them instead <,<
phlegma is a god.
he has always played in pve gear and it never bothered anyone as far as i know since he is that good to do just fine with that gear.

moonsado.truewow

#87 » Post by moonsado.truewow » 13 Apr 2016 20:20

I vote yes!
+1

cherno666

#88 » Post by cherno666 » 13 Apr 2016 20:22

It will turn dalaran into circus , if this is idea to attract more players , there are better ways , like advertising which is almost nonexistant for tw.

It will also show that staff are subjected to involve non blizzlike changes into what they tried keeping for years , "a true blizzlike expirience".

I know it's just cosmetic , but people who wanted cosmetics anyway farmed them and wear them to show off in dalaran anyway.

Making pool on forum is kinda useless as well , as already said , it can be manipulated and it will only include like 40 people that actually read forums and same people making their friends/guildies log on forums 1st time in their life and vote what they ask.

It won't revive old content , only lvl 80s will farm , reviving old content would be people making twinks and raiding it with those chars , not a group of 5 bis friends rushing through tbc stuff to get a pretty helm.

To sum it up , keep blizzlikness , use better methods to attract people if that is the real intention, also beware , there is no "trial" , if 50 players stop playing here cause tw lost only thing it has special (blizzlike) , the ain't gonna come back if you decide to remove xmog.
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Wilcox

#89 » Post by Wilcox » 13 Apr 2016 20:26

keez wrote:
Wilcox wrote:also perhaps that retarded phlegma will stop doing battlegrounds in t9 and thunderfury, he can xmog them instead <,<
phlegma is a god.
he has always played in pve gear and it never bothered anyone as far as i know since he is that good to do just fine with that gear.
i bet his godly attributes are coming under sunlight when he gets 10k critted by warriors and dies in the next hit

smallpoxqt

#90 » Post by smallpoxqt » 13 Apr 2016 20:33

Yay another reason to start stealing my friends account again! :D +1 or wait can you transmog in every level or only in 80? I dont play 80 ;O