[Accepted] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

Nyeriah

Re: [TrueWoW/Public Opinion Research/Poll] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

#16 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2016 07:42

Anyway: Some people are creating multiple accounts just to rig it as expected, I'll be deleting these compromised votes so don't bother wasting your time...

mcheka

#17 » Post by mcheka » 13 Apr 2016 07:43

Nyeriah wrote:Anyway: Some people are creating multiple accounts just to rig it as expected, I'll be deleting these compromised votes so don't bother wasting your time...
It might be good not to actually tell people you're doing this and simply do it silently, as they might find workarounds to do it now.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Jiranthos
Admin

#18 » Post by Jiranthos » 13 Apr 2016 07:44

Nyeriah wrote:Anyway: Some people are creating multiple accounts just to rig it as expected, I'll be deleting these compromised votes so don't bother wasting your time...
Thanks for keeping it fair and in order.
Guess this means a lot to someone out there.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#19 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2016 07:48

Yeah, I got rid of the poll... it was a bad idea to start with, changes like this just can't be supported by something easily manipulated. If you like this or not, you'll have to leave a comment. Just write +1 or -1 or whatever so we don't waste so much time with policing it from those trying to manipulate it...

NoblestHeart
Donor

#20 » Post by NoblestHeart » 13 Apr 2016 07:50

Longi

#21 » Post by Longi » 13 Apr 2016 07:56

Nyeriah wrote:Yeah, I got rid of the poll... it was a bad idea to start with, changes like this just can't be supported by something easily manipulated. If you like this or not, you'll have to leave a comment. Just write +1 or -1 or whatever so we don't waste so much time with policing it from those trying to manipulate it...
I dont see difference between using fake accounts for pool yes / no or using fake accounts to write +1 -1 :D still same shit and there is always a lot ways how to manipulate votes ( for example reward 5k golds for every -1 in comment :D )
just stay Blizzlike and no problemos :D

+1

Etro
Honorary Member

#22 » Post by Etro » 13 Apr 2016 07:56

+1

- Only cosmetic changes. Can make my char's armor look how I want. Why not.
- You want your wep to look like a wep from Molten Core? Ulduar? Naxx? Black temple? You'll have to own that wep so run those raids. Possibly increasing PvE activity and having yet 1 more reason to not just do ICC. Why not.

Why not? Because blizzlikeness? Chill. It's just a cosmetic feature. No custom abilities, portals, weapons, etc. The game will not be getting any easier and it'll never be. Don't look for straws.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Jiranthos
Admin

#23 » Post by Jiranthos » 13 Apr 2016 07:58

longi wrote: just stay Blizzlike and no problemos :D

+1
He said and voted for straying from blizzlikeness. x)

I guess this makes me a -0.5 or -0.25 or something.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

prodigy
Developer

#24 » Post by prodigy » 13 Apr 2016 07:59

>.>
o.o
<.<
*runs away like hell hounds are following*

but nah..since this feature doesn't affect gameplay in any way and it's pure visual i don't care...want to behave wotlk style?don't use transmog..easy as that.

Etro
Honorary Member

#25 » Post by Etro » 13 Apr 2016 07:59

Jiranthos wrote:

+1

I find the people that said it didn't bother them yet voted "no" more confusing tbh.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Jiranthos
Admin

#26 » Post by Jiranthos » 13 Apr 2016 08:01

Etro wrote: Why not? Because blizzlikeness? Chill. It's just a cosmetic feature. No custom abilities, portals, weapons, etc. The game will not be getting any easier and it'll never be. Don't look for straws.
I guess that's a fair point. I change my answer to 0.

mcheka

#27 » Post by mcheka » 13 Apr 2016 08:04

-1 from me.
prodigy wrote:>.>
o.o
<.<
*runs away like hell hounds are following*

but nah..since this feature doesn't affect gameplay in any way and it's pure visual i don't care...want to behave wotlk style?don't use transmog..easy as that.
I'm not alone in the game world, so even if I use it myself, I'm still forced to see people running around in all sorts of weird gear. That's not what I saw in WotLK retail. I saw a uniform style -- the WotLK gear that people wore.

That gets me thinking. Is it possible, and simple enough to add an option to send different models to different players? I.e. some NPC that lets you disable the feature, and you just see the normal/base WotLK armor, but others who have the feature enabled see everyone in their full, glorious gear. It would be a +1 for me if I had that option.

Maybe I'll have to start using the client-side model editor... Sigh.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Folkk

#28 » Post by Folkk » 13 Apr 2016 08:11

+1
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Nyeriah

#29 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2016 08:20

mcheka wrote: That gets me thinking. Is it possible, and simple enough to add an option to send different models to different players? I.e. some NPC that lets you disable the feature, and you just see the normal/base WotLK armor, but others who have the feature enabled see everyone in their full, glorious gear. It would be a +1 for me if I had that option.
That's the first thing I tried to do, and how I really would have liked to see it working. But apparently it's way more generic than that. The packets aren't filtered, that is, the server doesn't choose what packet to send to each player. It's just there - a representation of any given item ID - for everyone to see, and that item ID gets reproduced by the client.

Basically what I'm saying is, "the server doesn't handle the data, but the client makes the requests, and that request is always static, we can't manipulate it" in some sort of words.

What may be possible is, disabling it in battlegrounds and arenas so it has no impacts in these places (haven't checked the viability of it as of yet, just speculating).

Longi

#30 » Post by Longi » 13 Apr 2016 08:27

Jiranthos wrote:

+1

this is happening when you quote only you want and you ignore other part of post :)