Use BWL to save this great server!

uberjack

Use BWL to save this great server!

#1 » Post by uberjack » 26 Nov 2015 18:20

title sounds pretty desperate I know, but if we are all honest its going downhill right now.

There have been tons of suggestions regarding this issue and I thought I'm gonna try one last time as well.
IMO the best chance to get the population of the awesome server going again is to use the upcoming content.

It has been suggest multiple times to offer a character transfer system or some other kind of level boosting, for veteran players to switch to primal. My suggestion would be a character transfer and an instant lvl 50 boost for a limited time (~month). This way we could advertise the launch of BWL and interested player could jump right in, without having to grind their char all the way up.

To advertise this and because I feel like noone will ever notice a server without banner I designed one myself. Note that I'm not at all experienced in this, but just to give an example of how it could look:

I saw that a lot of servers also have animated banners to fit more text, so there could also be something like "free characters transfer", "refer a friend (3x exp)" or stuff like that on the right side.

tbh I have no idea how much it costs to put up banners on those voting pages, but I think it could be a real chance to save this server!

A banner could also be used to advertise in forums or reddit (/r/wowservers)
Krizzles (60 Gnome Mage)

.kurthos

Re: Use BWL to save this great server!

#2 » Post by .kurthos » 26 Nov 2015 18:39

Thank you for making the banner, really great initiative.

.cosminn123

#3 » Post by .cosminn123 » 26 Nov 2015 19:36

If someone could be kind and post the text they think a banner should contain, I'll be happy to make a animated banner.
Really whish this server to be popular and have more players so I could come back and enjoy it.
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

.majstorfanta

#4 » Post by .majstorfanta » 26 Nov 2015 19:40

Doubt BWL will make too many ppl to join, but I think creating hype for TBC release is a must and start with it at least 3 months before it releases, so ppl that want to join have time leveling.. That one is rly our big opportunity since devs are proved to be of great quality and so is the server. There is no huge TBC realm like lord for wotlk or kronos for vanilla, so it might bring notable population :D

offheal

#5 » Post by offheal » 26 Nov 2015 20:44

I find people on lord that are not satisfied with fake progression every once in a while.
Maybe we can emphasize that this is server with slow and unique rebalanced progression.
This definitely won't attract casual players

uberjack

#6 » Post by uberjack » 26 Nov 2015 23:05

Doubt BWL will make too many ppl to join, but I think creating hype for TBC release is a must and start with it at least 3 months before it releases, so ppl that want to join have time leveling.
BWL might not be the biggest opportunity to create hype, but it was a pretty popular raid back in the day and every big content update could be a new "excuse" for something like limited time lvl boosts. This is what I think could motivate a bunch of new players, which then could motivate inactive players to return. If you just offer a lvl boost all the time it wouldnt be very blizz like, but if you connect it to special events ppl might be more accepting and will take the offer. could be that i'm wrong here tho...
Krizzles (60 Gnome Mage)