Cross-faction Battlegrounds/Skirmish ~ Skirmish Enhancements

greentea145

Cross-faction Battlegrounds/Skirmish ~ Skirmish Enhancements

#1 » Post by greentea145 » 31 Oct 2015 15:05

I'd like to suggest a couple of things to better situate the PvP on the server and its stagnant state.

Enable Cross-faction Battlegrounds:

-Helps off set the faction imbalance regarding population
-Eliminates the faction imbalance regarding class capabilities and synergies (BoP/Freedom strength for example)
-Encourages more consistent PvP
-Allows players to attain a somewhat 50/50% win/loss ratio for static honor point farming

Doing this will keep people playing seeing as how teams will be more balanced. This will allow more accessibility to PvP gear which in turn encourages further PvP endeavors such as arena (for more than just point farming - the reality that most of the server queues for).

Enable Cross-faction Skirmish, Skirmish Daily (25 AP for 5 games), & Skirmish Server Broadcast (similar to Arena's current one):

-Encourages yet another avenue of playing PvP
-Allows arena play without the loss of MMR/rating (for those looking to have fun or even actual teams practicing)
-Assists in the slow rate of AP gain
-Again, helps off set the faction imbalance regarding population and class capabilities
-Server broadcast capability like Arena's to encourage others to queue

By enabling cross-faction Skirmish, the AP potential gain, broadcast functionatility, etc. it would again give a reason to play every day. Currently arena (rarely skirmish) is played on a select couple days when multiple teams queue (usually agreed). This creates a slow farm of AP for gear which should not be as limited to the population. The higher tier of gear still requires team/personal ratings to attain.
Last edited by Guest on 31 Oct 2015 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

.kurthos

Re: Cross-faction Battlegrounds/Skirmish ~ Skirmish Enhancem

#2 » Post by .kurthos » 31 Oct 2015 15:06

yes

proplays

#3 » Post by proplays » 31 Oct 2015 15:19

yes plz

misterman7123

#4 » Post by misterman7123 » 31 Oct 2015 16:00

yes

please

kronic

#5 » Post by kronic » 02 Nov 2015 11:46

X-faction BG is a must and top priority imo. However you must consider the following. Disable party queueing.

Why? Currently, during the right play times, BGs are dominated by a handful of top pvpers who seem to do nothing by queue for BGs. They are mostly Alliance and few in number. This is what makes the BG queues so long and one sided. In a perfect world where X-Faction BGs are released, the same people would party up and queue together, resulting in no change to the win/loss ratio and still making it a terrible experience for most players. I would therefor recommend not allowing players to queue together to make Battlegrounds a cross faction free for all where we will hopefully see everyone get a balanced win rate and rate of honour gain. Discuss? :)

offheal

#6 » Post by offheal » 02 Nov 2015 12:51

dev stated that messing with queues is dangeous buisness. i dont think they have proficiency to script this option

Zimranf2AU

#7 » Post by Zimranf2AU » 02 Nov 2015 14:23

I don't know about the difficulties but I would like to see it as well. They have it on certain other instant level cap PvP only servers and it works pretty well there.

.kurthos

#8 » Post by .kurthos » 02 Nov 2015 16:41

I've submitted a scripting solution in the tester forums.

greentea145

#9 » Post by greentea145 » 15 Nov 2015 07:21

Update?

Roel
Founder

#10 » Post by Roel » 17 Nov 2015 12:06

The cross-faction BGs have been suggested several times already. At this point the most important thing we need for that is somebody who wants to look into it and can get it working without causing a lot of crashes. We would love if some players are capable of joining the dev team to implement new things like this.

I don't know about the Skirmish. Since it's random it's more like a 2v2 BG except with a lot more rewards from it. Even less people would do rated if they can get all their arena points from skirmish. Besides, with the level 60 queue I believe it's currently possible to queue without a team and play against a rated team. Automatically making it a skirmish match which removes the need for a separate queue. It's been a while since I tested this so I am not sure if it's still possible but of course neither team would get any points from it, like skirmish was supposed to be.

.kurthos

#11 » Post by .kurthos » 17 Nov 2015 12:59

What about cross faction arenas? There shouldn't be any necessary changes in code, its just a server config edit just like the cross faction guilds were.

.kurthos

#12 » Post by .kurthos » 17 Nov 2015 13:07

// Only allow members of the other faction to join the team if cross faction interaction is enabled
if (!sWorld->getBoolConfig(CONFIG_ALLOW_TWO_SIDE_INTERACTION_GUILD) && _player->GetTeam() != sObjectMgr->GetPlayerTeamByGUID(arenaTeam->GetCaptain()))
{
SendArenaTeamCommandResult(ERR_ARENA_TEAM_CREATE_S, "", "", ERR_ARENA_TEAM_NOT_ALLIED);
return;
}

PhelanVelvel

#13 » Post by PhelanVelvel » 17 Nov 2015 18:26

If people think this will help the server through supporting more PvP action for people who like PvP, I think it should be implemented.

greentea145

#14 » Post by greentea145 » 17 Nov 2015 18:48

Prime wrote:The cross-faction BGs have been suggested several times already. At this point the most important thing we need for that is somebody who wants to look into it and can get it working without causing a lot of crashes. We would love if some players are capable of joining the dev team to implement new things like this.

I don't know about the Skirmish. Since it's random it's more like a 2v2 BG except with a lot more rewards from it. Even less people would do rated if they can get all their arena points from skirmish. Besides, with the level 60 queue I believe it's currently possible to queue without a team and play against a rated team. Automatically making it a skirmish match which removes the need for a separate queue. It's been a while since I tested this so I am not sure if it's still possible but of course neither team would get any points from it, like skirmish was supposed to be.
I understand the cross-faction BG has been mentioned before. People are in favor of it but don't utilize the forum. I will suggest to those who are in favor to post if they want to instill change at all. I've also got someone in mind who I told to reply with coding experience that believes they can get it working.

Regarding skirmish, it is just an idea to increase the income of arena points. AFAIK, the skirmish into a rated team isn't working. Currently there are around four issues which go in a vicous cycle which inhibit the arena community here:

1) Population - takes time, effort from the server and community to build, and commitment. Unfortunately, the low activity level is only limiting the population here currently. We need to find ways to encourage people to want to play.

2) Rating requirements for high end arena gear & arena point compensation - with the amount of games going on, there is a belief that it would take far too long to obtain the rating. However, I know of a feral druid who got 1600 in a single day of playing arena. People have the belief that you need a high win percentage or to play a significant amount of games to get any rating where you could obtain high end gear. Assuming you would like to reach around 1600-1900 for getting multiple key items depending on class, you can do this with a very low win percentage and in a reasonable amount of time in less than a couple weeks should there be activity. There is a team with around a 35% win percentage that is already capable of getting some of these items. Some of my suggestions address these issues without doing things like reducing the rating required while promoting the population of the arena/pvp community.

3) Honor farming - this is related to population, class imbalance, etc. Cross-BG's would promote more static farm for the entire server. More games being played is more activity; this will push for a higher population in regards to pvp. Perhaps even disabling group queueing for BG's to encourage fair teams for the time being could be done.

4) Faction imbalance - the capabilities of a paladin in BG's and arena compared to a shaman is almost embarrassing. Look at the top rated team which I am a part of. This however is a much more in depth issue which has been discussed in several other threads and cannot be solved here. It will involve things like possibly allowing druids to have access to cyclone to become viable outside of balance in PvP, as well as other classes having access to key talents past their 31 point limitation in a talent tree (for example).

These are just my ideas and concerns with a bit of brain storming and discussing with other players (who should be posting here themselves to show that they want the PvP to thrive :x ).

Opi

Glonz

#15 » Post by Glonz » 17 Nov 2015 21:08

Oh boy I sure would love me some crossfaction BGs and I fully support this idea