Thoughts on Character Transfer system

uberjack

Thoughts on Character Transfer system

#1 » Post by uberjack » 20 Oct 2015 17:14

I know this has been discussed a few times, but it mostly goes like "enable character transfer" and thats it.
So here goes an acutal suggestion:

I played on a german TBC Server before (Back2Basics) and they had a character transfer system which worked like this:
You needed to level any character up to level 20 and proof that you had a level 70 or higher character on a blizzlike server.
Proofing this was a little tricky, I actually had to give them my official blizz logins, not sure how many people are willing to
do this tho. Once I had proofen this they granted me a free level boost on any character (not only the level 20 one, so I
could keep it as an alt) to level 65 with a little bit of starting gold, level 40 riding and some decent gear.

I think a system like this could do a lot good for this server and hopefully shut those up who are constantly asking for higher
xp rates, which we all know wont happen. You could maybe grant a level 50 boost, basic riding, 10g and level 45 blue gear.
Krizzles (60 Gnome Mage)

.aspirine101

Re: Thoughts on Character Transfer system

#2 » Post by .aspirine101 » 20 Oct 2015 18:23

yes pls +1

.kurthos

#3 » Post by .kurthos » 20 Oct 2015 20:58

I think it would be good for the server as I have a lot of former guildies who would raid here but aren't interested in leveling again. Later, at launch of TBC it would be cool to use your former vanilla main and level it in outlands.

Urible

#4 » Post by Urible » 20 Oct 2015 23:41

+1 to this. I think it is a good idea. With this and RAF, it would give a solid basis to start actively advertising to server and hopefully attract more players. Maybe it would be worth putting together a list of 'recognised servers' that we could offer transfers from if you only want to allow 'blizz-like' character transfers.

As for the mechanics of actually proving it, that might be tricky. I think asking for peoples log in details sounds a bit dodgy, and is potentially open for abuse. Maybe sending a screen shot, or a phone photo of a character list with a date stamp could work. However this isn't perfect either, as it could potentially be spoofed.

Keen to see where this topic goes.
Urible - NE Druid

G'day from Australia.

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 21 Oct 2015 10:02

Something like this? http://www.truewow.org/transfer-beta

It should be possible to add Primal to the system somewhere down the road in the merging process: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=15719

uberjack

#6 » Post by uberjack » 21 Oct 2015 10:17

sounds pretty good to me! not sure how healthy it would be for the economy of such a young server if they transfered characters kept all of their items and gold, but I guess this is adjustable. would love to see something like this here!
Krizzles (60 Gnome Mage)

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 21 Oct 2015 10:30

uberjack wrote:sounds pretty good to me! not sure how healthy it would be for the economy of such a young server if they transfered characters kept all of their items and gold, but I guess this is adjustable. would love to see something like this here!
For Primal it wouldn't be possible for anyone to keep items or gold from any server. All transfers would be "predefined".

kronic

#8 » Post by kronic » 21 Oct 2015 10:42

It's a great idea Prime. Let us help you define the boundaries and lets move ahead with it in the next few months. This + BWL could be a big draw to the server.

.Gold

#9 » Post by .Gold » 23 Jan 2016 21:30

Hi, so the character transfer system is available on PrimalWow now ? :)

Nymunne
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Nymunne » 24 Jan 2016 00:07

Gold wrote:Hi, so the character transfer system is available on PrimalWow now ? :)
No. At least not for now.