Just for fun - Stair Event

TJBalls

Just for fun - Stair Event

#1 » Post by TJBalls » 22 Sep 2015 18:03

I've done these events on 2 different servers over the years (one being done as an "arena" style event, which got bloody very fast) and they were always a blast.
Basically the Devs pick a zone like STV (preferably over non-fatigue water) and add all of the random items (typically benches) into random patterns and paths up into the sky with gaps and obstacles along the way. At the end of each "maze" there would be a final platform with a gm handing out some kind of prize for the first 25ish people who successfully complete it. Nothing game-breaking like gear, but something like a mount for 1st-3rd place, a vanity pet for 4th-10th, 10G for 11th-25th, etc..
Then everyone bails off the edge and it restarts. Sometimes new obstacles are added for each round, or if there are multiple ways to the finish, one route is blocked.
After the prize rounds were over they left it up for a couple of days just for fun. Guilds took turns racing and people had Ultimate-Gladiator-style duels on it.

Ive seen them made very simple, with just a single winding path leading to the platform, and some made very complex, with multiple paths (fast but hard, slow but safe, etc). that got progressively harder and harder as you went along.

While the Devs were setting them up they started building them off the dock in STV and once they got about 12' in the air they removed the first 10 steps so no one could practice while they were adding things in.

Its a fun thing to throw in that most WoW players have never experienced in the game before. It was one of the funnest events I've participated in on private servers in the past.

As it would be something that could potentially take awhile to set up, it wouldn't be a regular thing, but it might be a fun 1-year realm anniversary celebration or something.

Link below to a bunch of different stair events that have been done.

WoW Stair Events

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Just for fun - Stair Event

#2 » Post by Etro » 02 Oct 2015 14:02

I'm currently doing one. It is yet to be finished and tested by the rest of the staff to see if it will be applied or not.

Just to let you know that this suggestion is being taken into consideration.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

TJBalls

Re: Just for fun - Stair Event

#3 » Post by TJBalls » 02 Oct 2015 16:26

That's awesome! Can't wait to see it.

Let me know if you need a tester :D