[Accepted] Player Test Realm

Cleofatra

[Accepted] Player Test Realm

#1 » Post by Cleofatra » 03 Sep 2015 23:36

First of all, a big thanks to the devs and Prime for creating this awesome server, maintainingg it, and being flexible and responsive with the community. Seriously you guys rock and I feel bad that you mainly only hear the QQing. I assure you many players are having a great time on the server! Some people think they are god's gift to WoW (private server syndrome), don't let em get under your skin :).

I know this has been mentioned in other threads but I don't think a response from a dev/admin has been given as of yet.

WHAT: A player test realm to test new encounters before they are released. This can ensure no weird bugs occur like Onyxia failing to deep breath randomly and bugging out, fireballs hitting totems, Rag not putting in combat, etc etc. Probably the best way to use the PTR would be to recruit 5+ players from various guilds and allow them to test out bosses. This way it is fair for all progressing guilds.

WHY: To reduce frustration of players when they encounter a blatant bug in an encounter and to ensure that all content is at the level the admins/devs want it to be at. Many things can be overlooked or missed when there aren't 40 LIVE players testing content and trying to break it. This will reduce exploits occurring on "live" and reduce the saltyness between guilds and "realm firsts".
Last edited by Guest on 03 Sep 2015 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

iamadp

Re: Player Test Realm

#2 » Post by iamadp » 03 Sep 2015 23:38

Please take this into consideration Prime. I know you guys do a good job of fixing things on time, but we can help you guys iron things out before full release.

Thanks for all your effort!
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Sep 2015 23:51

I was planning on leading a testing team but the current limitation is that the realm list is not shared, which in other words would require players to register at TrueWoW as well which can be rather bothersome, both to me and to players, seeing I would rather keep track of who gets the access rather closely.

.lordingmar1
Donor

#4 » Post by .lordingmar1 » 03 Sep 2015 23:53

Just use the PTR at truewow.org. You need a lvl 80 character there though.
Voldemorph <Vanilla Knights>

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 04 Sep 2015 00:03

It will be possible to use the TrueWoW PTR in the future, some Primal specific code can be applied when required.

During the next months it will be good to concentrate on the merging process to make these realms available under one realmlist. Then we can make sure that anyone with a level 60 at Primal can also use the PTR.

Dreadnought101

#6 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 04 Sep 2015 01:58

That will be useful when BC gets close to release, if people are bored with end-game content of vanilla they can test the 5 man dungeons and quests for BC...
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

.mikespad

#7 » Post by .mikespad » 04 Sep 2015 08:52

Prime wrote: During the next months it will be good to concentrate on the merging process to make these realms available under one realmlist.
This! Yes! Please!

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Sep 2015 15:46

http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 53#p180753

I'll be moving this one to accepted now.