Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 35

Ravielsk

[Accepted] Arena rating for reputation PVP Items

#1 » Post by Ravielsk » 02 Sep 2015 10:11

To make it short remove arena rating requirement and increase the honor prices. The reasons are simple:

A. there are barely any arenas going on and all this is going to do is encourage people to trade win(abuse the system)
B. Not all PVP players are into arenas. Some simply prefer BGs and forcing them to do arenas is only going to get them to cheat or leave.
C. This would not be a problem if there was more people and PVP was a reliable source of honor/arena points which it is not right now

I understand that this was done with the best intent to encourage PVP and prevent people from speed-rolling through the pvp rewards but with the population as it this is just a huge roadblock creating only more unbalanced PVP as people running raids will still get better gear faster and easier then PVP players.

Roel
Founder

Re: Arena rating for reputation PVP Items

#2 » Post by Roel » 02 Sep 2015 11:03

Besides BGs there also needs to be an incentive for Arena and I think it would be too easy if those specific items where available with only honor. We can't completely re-implement the reputation system like it was in Vanilla.

Ravielsk

#3 » Post by Ravielsk » 02 Sep 2015 11:46

Prime wrote:Besides BGs there also needs to be an incentive for Arena and I think it would be too easy if those specific items where available with only honor. We can't completely re-implement the reputation system like it was in Vanilla.
I understand the need for an incentive to do arenas which is why I only suggested this in regards to reputation items as I think the epic PVP gear and items sold in the main cities are enough of an incentive to do arenas. Those are some of the most top tier items and I see no problem with them requiring rating and arena points.

The problem is that when people see that its not enough to just spend 20hours farming BGS(that again take place only sometimes) but that they have to now grind arenas as well only to get some basic reputation items that for many classes present the only feasible options(such as unstoppable force is one of the few weapons to add attack power in feral forms) then they might just ignore the PVP even more. But if they were only for honor, they could get people hooked on PVP as they would provide a demonstration of what items they can get out of PVP.

This is mostly because of the population if there was more people and PVPers could count with at-least some arenas everyday this would be fine. However with the population as it is they would only be forced to cheat(win-trade) or they would just ignore PVP altogether. This way these items, if they were only for honor, could get people hooked on PVP as they would see even that can get them decent gear.

I would never even ask for the reputation system to be reimplemented since that would be even more grindy then the current setup
Last edited by Guest on 02 Sep 2015 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

Perkulator

#4 » Post by Perkulator » 02 Sep 2015 11:49

Prime wrote:Besides BGs there also needs to be an incentive for Arena and I think it would be too easy if those specific items where available with only honor. We can't completely re-implement the reputation system like it was in Vanilla.
What about making them cost honor points and arena points like the Lv 60 blue pvp gear? That way you still have to do arena for it. Also, most of the pvp rep weapons seem to be worse/ on par than what MC has and MC is pretty much on farm at this point. Doing this might also encourage more people to do arena. However, I will agree that Marshal/Warlord gear still require rating/arena points like they do right now.

Ravielsk

#5 » Post by Ravielsk » 02 Sep 2015 11:59

[hide]
Perkulator wrote:
What about making them cost honor points and arena points like the Lv 60 blue pvp gear? That way you still have to do arena for it. Also, most of the pvp rep weapons seem to be worse/ on par than what MC has and MC is pretty much on farm at this point. Doing this might also encourage more people to do arena. However, I will agree that Marshal/Warlord gear still require rating/arena points like they do right now.
[/hide]

Great idea removing rating requirement but adding a bit of arena points to the price would actually be a great solution.

adolphjlj123

#6 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 02 Sep 2015 12:15

Remove the rating required or just the points in general. There is some incentive to still do them since there is a vendor that converts 100points into honor. Though that may make arena's more dead than it already is i would still prefer it. Arena's right now just arent fun and there arent enough people queueing to make the gear require arena. Only 3s and 5s teams is pretty much just maple aswell. That says alot about the state of pvp in terms of how active it is.

Sylaces

#7 » Post by Sylaces » 02 Sep 2015 14:36

Ravielsk wrote:[hide]
Perkulator wrote:
[/hide]

Great idea removing rating requirement but adding a bit of arena points to the price would actually be a great solution.
want epic gear play fotm or gtfo, all this has been already suggested and discussed and 0 fks were given

read all here http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=16288

and here http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=16235

so far not Prime nor any other staff members has ever answered to such suggestions afaik so gl getting an answer, maybe you are the chosen one

Omgdontdie

#8 » Post by Omgdontdie » 03 Sep 2015 01:54

By setting arena rating requirements, especially this ludicrously high, not only are you asking players to perform competitively on a server that is clearly not balanced for pvp and especially not arenas, but you are creating a toxic environment that encourages, but also rewards, win trading. Take a paladin for example. I dont care if you are 10x r1 on retail you will never reach 2350 without win trading on this server; the odds you will find an opponent are slim and the odds you will win are even slimmer. You are setting a 2350 arena req for items on a server where your RANK ONE team is just over 1700. Do the developers even look at the arena ladder? 841 rating gets you on the front page.

A more realistic approach is to set an HK requirement to purchase items with arena points. You encourage pvp as a whole while forcing players to arena, which should be your goal. The current setting incentivizes win trading to a desired rating, sitting on that rating and never playing arena again, and having no incentive to BG on top of all of that. Furthermore, it deters casuals from arenas because they know they will never be rewarded for playing it due to unattainable rating requirements.

Im guessing the main complaint about this requirement system is that you might say "oh but thats too grindy." Really though isnt that the easiest way to keep pvp alive? Fill up as many bgs and arenas with as many people for as long as possible? You really need to start thinking realistically about your server pop and how you incentivize players if you want this server to flourish. You want people to pvp more? Make gear accessible to casuals. You want more people to BG? Set up HK requirements. You want more people to arena? Actually have some gear you can buy with arena points without rating restrictions. Want to keep pvp competetive? Have realistic, rating requirements that don't require a specific class or win trading.
Last edited by Guest on 03 Sep 2015 02:09, edited 1 time in total.

Omgdontdie

#9 » Post by Omgdontdie » 03 Sep 2015 02:00

My response was for all arena requirements in general by the way. tldr:

- Arena rating as a requirement for a server that is not balanced for arenas.
- Encourages cheating
- Further discourages casuals from doing arena.

.atilla

#10 » Post by .atilla » 03 Sep 2015 02:37

I agree, 2350 arena raiting for PvP 2hand weps is abit much for this server. PVE server (majority are doing PVE), most of the ''PvPers'' are doing BGs and not so many are doing arenas. Also worth mentioning that this is a 3.3.5 client running Vanilla right now, so PvP is even more unbalanced than most of the 1.12.1 servers out there.
Not saying that it should get balanced, because it will never be balenced and has never been on retail either.
But as some people said, to get to that amount of raiting people are going to trade win in arenas.

One solution might be having the gear cost either arena or honor. Maybe a npc that converts x amount of honor into arena points and then you can choose your way of PvP-grinding to get the gear.
Another one is to have items cost both honor and arena but no require raiting.
Or just simply having them cost ALOT of honor only and maybe having the items ''title required'' with the PvP titles. Atleast the Warlord/Marshal gear/weps.

Arena raiting on this server at the moment is not the best idea tbh.

Omgdontdie

#11 » Post by Omgdontdie » 03 Sep 2015 02:46

I like your idea of the two paths, although it does reward certain classes more than others. I don't like the fact that arena rating becomes important on a server not balanced for arena, but at least this gives an alternative.

Shave

#12 » Post by Shave » 03 Sep 2015 03:41

Thank GOD people are starting to wake up

.Virmeck

#13 » Post by .Virmeck » 03 Sep 2015 05:02

This is profoundly absurd, PVP is now even more dead.

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 03 Sep 2015 17:10

I can see what you mean with the reputation items even though they would not be possible to obtain if we were a Vanilla server, due to the AV reputation.

But the R14 weapons are currently too good to be obtainable in an easier way and have been added just in case arena becomes more active. Making them available for someone who has 50k HKs wouldn't make much difference. Would you rather want them to be removed completely?

Wintraders will get banned and their rating+PvP gear removed.

.Sorrugis

#15 » Post by .Sorrugis » 03 Sep 2015 19:03

I completely agree with you. Over the past 24 hours I've seen quite a few more people actively queueing for arenas. Since this was the main reason that brought me to the server, I'd love to see arenas thrive and be active much more often throughout the day.

However I have seen more people complain about the system but sometimes you just have to sit back and give a call to...