PVP suggestions.

.Virmeck

PVP suggestions.

#1 » Post by .Virmeck » 31 Aug 2015 20:13

Greetings, and peace be upon you. I'm Alphonse, the one and only alliance feral flag carrier. I'm here to personally suggest certain improvements, and pvp balance for horde/alliance, and certain class spells that need to be fixed immediately to improve on this situation.

First, and foremost; Change the "Call to Arms" system. In Vanilla, everyone shifted between WSG, AB, and AV. Currently we're mainly doing WSG. That get's lackluster and boring fast. I notice Alliance wins 70% of the time on WSG, and horde just stops queing eventually. I think a healthy rotation between at least AB, and WSG daily will improve on this. A lot of AV in the mix would also help, it would encourage more players to play, instead of AFKing between raids in capital cities.

Second, and last; These skills need to be fixed: Fear, Feral Charge, Charge, and blink. If you're above the tunnels on WSG, and certain other places, you basically charge/blink underground each and every time. If you don't go under the world, you'll end up falling down a level, and being placed inside the tunnel. This has disrupted me so many times trying to stop a flag carrier, ect. I'm not expecting it to be perfect, but vast improvement is needed. Fear seems to be a real laggy and delayed animation in general, seen this on other private servers, but here I've seen some players exploit this. For example, Carkin(Think I'm spelling his name right) captures the flag, goes on the horde roof in a certain spot, and when he is feared, he is able to carry himself to an unreachable spot. He's done this several times, and I'm not gonna call him a cheater, but it's a really annoying exploit. This brings me back to my first subject, a healthy rotation, instead of WSG would add flavor to all of this, at the very least.

Cleofatra

Re: PVP suggestions.

#2 » Post by Cleofatra » 31 Aug 2015 20:27

+1 from me. I think emphasis for helping PVP would be to either add dailies or fix the BG weekends to not cycle through non-vanilla BGs.

.Virmeck

#3 » Post by .Virmeck » 01 Sep 2015 06:07

I'd also like to note a newly found bug/exploit. Around or near the cliffs between both ally, and horde graveyards Warlocks can drain life through the ground. I've also see it through the rocks in the middle on certain occasions.

Dreadnought101

#4 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Sep 2015 06:26

I would be more extreme and allow cross-faction queuing. It will cut down queue time disparities between alliance and horde (as there is a ratio of 65-35 alliance to horde players, and alliance players can see much longer queue times) and it will disperse the player pool on both sides of the match which will hopefully increase even matches with a 50-50 chance to win, and even if a side loses, they will more likely to queue again as they will get different team-mates, which is a problem in our small private server (If you queue again, you will most likely see the same team-mates and opponents, which will most likely result in the same outcome, where as cross-faction will randomize it and lead to different results)
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

.Sorrugis

#5 » Post by .Sorrugis » 01 Sep 2015 08:07

Virmeck wrote:These skills need to be fixed: Fear, Feral Charge, Charge, and blink. If you're above the tunnels on WSG, and certain other places, you basically charge/blink underground each and every time. If you don't go under the world, you'll end up falling down a level, and being placed inside the tunnel.
I'd suggest that you bump the bug tracker post over @ http://www.primalwow.org/bugs/view.php?id=1570
but... I've done it a couple times and I haven't seen a response to it.

Maybe if we start a new bug report marked as major severity, and include all the spells mentioned; it might gain some attention.

Warsong is not the only problem map though. It seems Alterac is even worse (according to my experience). Last weekend during he 5 or so games I played, I blinked through the map around 30 times.
Virmeck wrote:I'd also like to note a newly found bug/exploit. Around or near the cliffs between both ally, and horde graveyards Warlocks can drain life through the ground. I've also see it through the rocks in the middle on certain occasions.
This is the way spells have always acted on live servers. For some reason blizzard decided not to make it so that this terrain would not interfere with line of sight.

.Virmeck

#6 » Post by .Virmeck » 01 Sep 2015 08:43

Maybe if we start a new bug report marked as major severity, and include all the spells mentioned; it might gain some attention.

I'll be sure to follow up on there, this has been brought up before, but perhaps a constant reminder is needed. We have a pretty good PVP community going on, I'd hate for it to be ruined.
Warsong is not the only problem map though. It seems Alterac is even worse (according to my experience). Last weekend during he 5 or so games I played, I blinked through the map around 30 times.
Major problem indeed, I've noticed some more tonight: I would charge at an enemy, and If they pull off a fear right at that moment, I'd instantly go under the map.

.Virmeck

#7 » Post by .Virmeck » 01 Sep 2015 08:45

Dreadnought101 wrote:I would be more extreme and allow cross-faction queuing. It will cut down queue time disparities between alliance and horde (as there is a ratio of 65-35 alliance to horde players, and alliance players can see much longer queue times) and it will disperse the player pool on both sides of the match which will hopefully increase even matches with a 50-50 chance to win, and even if a side loses, they will more likely to queue again as they will get different team-mates, which is a problem in our small private server (If you queue again, you will most likely see the same team-mates and opponents, which will most likely result in the same outcome, where as cross-faction will randomize it and lead to different results)
I wouldn't mind that, since this place is more custom like that anyways. If that's what it takes, then so be it. Still, the aforementioned, Call to Arms either has to go, or the rotation needs to change every other match.

.lordingmar1
Donor

#8 » Post by .lordingmar1 » 01 Sep 2015 09:09

I don't want to be a whiner or something, but I think shadow priests are a bit overpowered. I agree with the fact that cross faction battlegrounds should be enabled (assuming correct rep is given) and again, not for the fact that I'm whining lol.
Voldemorph <Vanilla Knights>

Zanmato

#9 » Post by Zanmato » 01 Sep 2015 11:13

lordingmar1 wrote:I don't want to be a whiner or something, but I think shadow priests are a bit overpowered. I agree with the fact that cross faction battlegrounds should be enabled (assuming correct rep is given) and again, not for the fact that I'm whining lol.
Ovepowered fills like a bit too strong of a word. People will assume the class is extremelly strong and broken and needs further nerfs which i don't agree with.
Just because you've probably been matched against Skythe (which is better then the average player on the wheels of a good class) doesn't mean all shadow priests are overpowered. Skythe is, though ! ;)

Disc and Holy priests already got hurt by the absorb nerfs in PvP because of this while Mages and Warlocks got to keep their absorbs at full strength. Tunning should be done all equally across the board and not like this.

For further discussing regarding this issue, please refer to: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=16584

EDIT:
Oh and regarding crossfaction battlegrounds, it's been suggested in this thread: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=16483
Bump it if you're in favor of it ;) Maybe the Devs can share some attention to it after the ZG and Onyxia patch stabilizes

Dreadnought101

#10 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Sep 2015 11:25

Virmeck wrote:
Dreadnought101 wrote:I would be more extreme and allow cross-faction queuing. It will cut down queue time disparities between alliance and horde (as there is a ratio of 65-35 alliance to horde players, and alliance players can see much longer queue times) and it will disperse the player pool on both sides of the match which will hopefully increase even matches with a 50-50 chance to win, and even if a side loses, they will more likely to queue again as they will get different team-mates, which is a problem in our small private server (If you queue again, you will most likely see the same team-mates and opponents, which will most likely result in the same outcome, where as cross-faction will randomize it and lead to different results)
I wouldn't mind that, since this place is more custom like that anyways. If that's what it takes, then so be it. Still, the aforementioned, Call to Arms either has to go, or the rotation needs to change every other match.
I disagree, the call to arms is great advertisment, whenever arathi basin or alterac valley get call to arms alot of people queue it and they get a lot of attention for a little while (before losses on one side and people quite). The one thing i would change in call to arms is to disclude currently disabled battlegrounds like eye of the storm
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Shave

#11 » Post by Shave » 01 Sep 2015 11:25

Shadowpriests are overpowered atm, its not a stong word its the truth.Same goes with warlocks.

Dreadnought101

#12 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Sep 2015 11:44

Shave wrote:Shadowpriests are overpowered atm, its not a stong word its the truth.Same goes with warlocks.
I want to say i agree but its more like that certain individuals PvP alot and are well geared....silverheart >.O
Degaris
-

Zanmato

#13 » Post by Zanmato » 01 Sep 2015 11:45

Shave wrote:Shadowpriests are overpowered atm, its not a stong word its the truth.Same goes with warlocks.
That's from your perspective, caused by the class you're currently playing and which classes give you the most trouble.
And if i had to guess, you're probably a melee, or an hunter.

I feel the same way when playing on my Main (Zanmato, Warrior) cause 90% of our WSG matches have no healers in them or people just can't dispel.
When recently farming honor on a friend's priest, though, things seem different and i don't really mind getting matched against priests, warlocks or mages anymore. It's the rogues, warriors and hunters that i'm most afraid of (mortal strike effects and interrupts/stuns).

So again, its about your perspective and the class that you are playing. Too bad we don't get many 10v10 with decent team compositions outside of maybe WSG Call To Arms.

.lordingmar1
Donor

#14 » Post by .lordingmar1 » 01 Sep 2015 14:27

Zanmato wrote:
lordingmar1 wrote:I don't want to be a whiner or something, but I think shadow priests are a bit overpowered. I agree with the fact that cross faction battlegrounds should be enabled (assuming correct rep is given) and again, not for the fact that I'm whining lol.
Ovepowered fills like a bit too strong of a word. People will assume the class is extremelly strong and broken and needs further nerfs which i don't agree with.
Just because you've probably been matched against Skythe (which is better then the average player on the wheels of a good class) doesn't mean all shadow priests are overpowered. Skythe is, though ! ;)

Disc and Holy priests already got hurt by the absorb nerfs in PvP because of this while Mages and Warlocks got to keep their absorbs at full strength. Tunning should be done all equally across the board and not like this.

For further discussing regarding this issue, please refer to: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=16584

EDIT:
Oh and regarding crossfaction battlegrounds, it's been suggested in this thread: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=16483
Bump it if you're in favor of it ;) Maybe the Devs can share some attention to it after the ZG and Onyxia patch stabilizes
My team mates can dispell the DoTs but no one does it or there aren't any priests (we have no paladins either) and that makes them strong in battlegrounds. I can't dispell the DoTs because I am a mage. You're right with overpowered being a strong word, I tried to compensate it by saying "a bit overpowered" but I couldn't think of something better so now I'll just go with strong :D
Voldemorph <Vanilla Knights>

Shave

#15 » Post by Shave » 01 Sep 2015 14:44

Iam saying this, because i play both lock and priest.I ve said this 1000 times here, pvp on this server is unbalanced, there will be no serious pvp until lvl 70.But its just "my" opinion!