Possible PvP soloution?

masterpig

Possible PvP soloution?

#1 » Post by masterpig » 24 Aug 2015 02:44

Hello guys,

I don't know if this has been suggested before but I think allowing cross-faction features to stem into PVP would be an exceptional idea, this is because of a few reasons.
1. Faction imbalance - At the moment the factions are pretty imbalanced and so alliance generally outnumbers horde in 80% of bg's the other 20% its even footing.
2. Being butthurt - when your faction looses a battle ground its been pretty common for that faction to spit thier dummy out and not queue again, both sides are guilty so dont sit there and be like "horde never do that" etc.
3. general population - There has been pleanty of heated debates in world chat where everyone gets toxic over world pvp being enabled and i think most people have come to terms with that never happening but with cross faction bg's it will give pvpers actual pvp to do and not just 2v2 wsg. I think its pretty clear that for the first 2 years of this servers life span it will be a rather volatile experience in regards to if it survives the vanilla phase or not so i think it is crucial to resolve the issue now before it becomes an actual threat to the population. I've been having great fun on this server mostly pve'ing but i would hate to see it die just because one audience is not having thier needs fulfilled.

TL;DR cross faction battle grounds and arena
Thats my 5 cents, cheers for listening.

shibli09

Re: Possible PvP soloution?

#2 » Post by shibli09 » 24 Aug 2015 02:49

Ive already suggested this, both Prime said no and those against wPvP also came into the thread denying this.

Sulik

#3 » Post by Sulik » 24 Aug 2015 10:27

It's good for consistency but the problem I see is it won't help with faction imbalance for the day cross grouping is removed.

masterpig

#4 » Post by masterpig » 24 Aug 2015 14:26

I do agree it won't resolve the issue but if the population does not increase by a significant amount we may not even be able to drop the cross faction raiding

sijuan

#5 » Post by sijuan » 24 Aug 2015 16:10

Population may accidentally have a boom but if that happen it will be related to Hamsterwheel's review (or first impressions, how he like to call it) video rather then anything else. Giving pvp credit to PvP would be just wrong. Onyxia Lair is about to be released and prequest is bugged from top to the bottom, every here and there someone get stuck on different part of quest line, and we talk about PvP...seriously?

xato519

#6 » Post by xato519 » 28 Aug 2015 08:06

It's sad to say that population hasn't grown , but what I don't get is why aren't they doing anything about it clearly something needs to be done as a server . We all need to make some sacrifices from both sides ( this won't happen because of the salty close minded pve people out there that don't want ANY change) .

Sylaces

#7 » Post by Sylaces » 28 Aug 2015 09:12

^ population growth as some ppl said has to do with the fact that once you reached 60 and got suficiently geared for raid there's no reason to play at any time other than the raiding time, meanwhile pvp is on life support

if you havent noticed, there's a pattern on how pvp vs pve server discussions go, PVEers know that PVPers are usually hot headed, so what they do is simply piss off some of them and cause them to go full retard, at that point Prime comes in and closes the thread thus ending any chance for a compromise, instead of maybe deleting the "toxic" posts or ban those ppl they close the entire thread, gg