Suggestion for BGs

Should BGs allow cross-faction grouping

Yes, allow cross-faction grouping.
45%
No, do not allow cross-faction grouping
36%
I'm a PvE-RP dragonslayer and I dont give a FUCK.
19%

Total votes: 84

shibli09

Suggestion for BGs

#1 » Post by shibli09 » 30 Jul 2015 22:31

Ok so as it stands now, after reading a PvP vs PvE server thread and etc the majority of this server wants to stay as a PvE server and I believe Prime stated that they are going to keep the cross faction grouping in place for the rest of vanilla.

I myself love to world PvP and just PvP in general. But as it stands now, I find it sometimes difficult to get into WSG or get good WSG games going with more than 2 people at a time. Since RDF allows horde/ally to group up would it be possible to implement this system in BGs? Like if theres 4 alliance Qd and 0 horde, then it sets it up as 2v2 and 2 all just get sent over to the horde side. Or if theres 1 horde and 5 ally it splits it to 3v3 with 2 ally on horde side.

I feel like this could work out to benefit both PvPrs and PvErs. This allows the server to stay PvE but then helps to stimulate the BG/arena scene. Before I came to this server I was out looking for a PvP server that had a good Q system and a healthy population to PvP throughout the day. But there was always a huge imbalance of factions and so 1 side always had to wait forever to get Qs.

shibli09

Re: Suggestion for BGs

#2 » Post by shibli09 » 30 Jul 2015 23:28

Anyone who votes no, or disagrees with opening up cross faction grouping for pvp mind giving their reasoning? I off the top of my head cannot think of a reason as to not do this, but there maybe something i am not thinking of or considering that would negatively impact the server/gameplay if this were to be done and would genuinely like to see dissenting opinions.

shibli09

#3 » Post by shibli09 » 31 Jul 2015 18:41

b-b-bumpity in hopes for a reply from an admin on their thoughts

Rezca

#4 » Post by Rezca » 31 Jul 2015 19:15

I think it might be interesting to see. If it's practical to implement, I think it'd be an acceptable compromise to get BG levels to acceptable numbers.

shibli09

#5 » Post by shibli09 » 31 Jul 2015 19:35

Rezca wrote:I think it might be interesting to see. If it's practical to implement, I think it'd be an acceptable compromise to get BG levels to acceptable numbers.
Yea I would like to see it implemented until at least the server has a big enough population to remove cross faction grouping entirely.

We went from 2 votes for "no" to 5 this morning but I wish someone who voted no would explain why they wouldn't want it implemented so I could know their thoughts, so I could at least learn what negative impacts this could have if any because I can't think of any off the top of my head...

Weedsmoker

#6 » Post by Weedsmoker » 31 Jul 2015 19:38

I think this should be allowed just like in PvE but only until we reach TBC. After that i hope we will have enough ppl interested for PvP cuz what is WoW server without PvP . I prefer to do PvP then to farm shit and get golds or to afk in Orgrimmar.

shibli09

#7 » Post by shibli09 » 31 Jul 2015 19:44

Weedsmoker wrote:I think this should be allowed just like in PvE but only until we reach TBC. After that i hope we will have enough ppl interested for PvP cuz what is WoW server without PvP . I prefer to do PvP then to farm shit and get golds or to afk in Orgrimmar.
Yea I'm the same way, I love to PvE but you can only raid so much during the week and after a while dungeons get....stale... For me personally, I can't raid at the moment because of my work schedule, but then theres hardly any pvp because theres never horde Qn for BGs. So for the time being I play prot on my pally and tank dungeons and grind gold, however I'm 100g from my epic mount an I have dual talent alrdy and then dungeons are getting a bit tiring at this point. So within a week or 2 I'll probably have nothing to do on the server and log on less n less.

It just gives another option for shit to do for people as a time sync or for fun when they are not raiding.

Rezca

#8 » Post by Rezca » 31 Jul 2015 20:37

shibli09 wrote:
Weedsmoker wrote:I think this should be allowed just like in PvE but only until we reach TBC. After that i hope we will have enough ppl interested for PvP cuz what is WoW server without PvP . I prefer to do PvP then to farm shit and get golds or to afk in Orgrimmar.
Yea I'm the same way, I love to PvE but you can only raid so much during the week and after a while dungeons get....stale... For me personally, I can't raid at the moment because of my work schedule, but then theres hardly any pvp because theres never horde Qn for BGs. So for the time being I play prot on my pally and tank dungeons and grind gold, however I'm 100g from my epic mount an I have dual talent alrdy and then dungeons are getting a bit tiring at this point. So within a week or 2 I'll probably have nothing to do on the server and log on less n less.

It just gives another option for shit to do for people as a time sync or for fun when they are not raiding.

Was the same for me on retail. I picked a PvE server since the frustration and terror of level 60 endgame equipped players raining down on me from random was too much. Great to those who like the "thrill" of not knowing and claim that it brings people together, but it didn't appeal to me in the slightest. Even still, I enjoyed going into WSG to pass time, and later Alterac Valley because of how much I loved that large battlefield.

I liked PvP, even though I was kinda terrible at it, but I didn't like forced 24/7 PvP. A little here, a little there, to shake things up and expand what the game has to offer.

The only remotely negative thing I could possibly think of isn't really that big of a deal anyway, and by TBC wouldn't be an issue at all - and that is Horde getting Paladins on their team / Alliance getting Shamans. Some might not like that, but I don't see how it'd be a concern myself. Thusly, all it really boils down to as far as I can tell, is if it'd be easy to implement without breaking something else or introducing new problems.[/color]

shibli09

#9 » Post by shibli09 » 31 Jul 2015 20:49

Yea thats true, I guess for me I didnt think about the pally/shaman issue because both sides had them both for so long after vanilla. I guess for me I feel like it would be a non-issue or at least not a very big issue since both factions can have paladins and shamans in their raids for PvE.

I also agree with you on the implementation of this, I would like to hear about this from a dev. If it's something that would cause problems are just flat out be very time consuming to do this then I might change my decision on wanting this. I love PvP and it's all I would be doing if there was the population for it, however I respect this is a PvE server and raiding content should be prioritized over this.

If its a quick and easy thing to implement I would love to see it done. It would give people something to do and could raise population if PvPers saw active BGs/Arena on the server.

androx

#10 » Post by androx » 31 Jul 2015 20:51

I wouldn't mind it at all. Other instant 80 PvP only servers that are way more popular have cross-faction BGs. As long as it gets actual BG games going, I am all for it.

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 21:00

As far as I know, this will not be very easy to implement if it needs to be coded from scratch, meaning it will be time consuming. Not something we would prioritize within the next month. And if we do this, we would first need to be sure that players want this as a long-term solution.

Anyway I am sure there will be more PvP as the server gets older. Currently players just have a lot of other things to do, many are still leveling. Cross-faction BGs don't make more people queue, it will only add those extra players of one faction who otherwise would not be able to enter.

.landgin

#12 » Post by .landgin » 31 Jul 2015 21:29

Dragonslayer all day. get rekt

.Tomerant

#13 » Post by .Tomerant » 31 Jul 2015 21:37

No...

It's PvE server but it's still a PvE Blizzlike.
450 ppl is more than enough to start everything on TWO continents. Even world pvp would be active if it was PvP server.

Lots of ppl dont like cross-factioned stuff and despite the original idea of server, too much x-faction stuff can simply be counterproductive.
Keep PvE server as PvE server should be.
It's still horde vs alliance after all.
This is WoW... not Rift.
Even dungeon grouping which is x-faction now seems kinda stupid but whatever... I'm hoping its gonna be reverted to original looks of game soon enough.

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 21:39

Tomerant wrote:No...

It's PvE server but it's still a PvE Blizzlike.
450 ppl is more than enough to start everything on TWO continents. Even world pvp would be active if it was PvP server.

Lots of ppl dont like cross-factioned stuff and despite the original idea of server, too much x-faction stuff can simply be counterproductive.
Keep PvE server as PvE server should be.
It's still horde vs alliance after all.
This is WoW... not Rift.
This has also been the main argument at TrueWoW when this was discussed. And probably why we won't be able to get a good agreement on this.

shibli09

#15 » Post by shibli09 » 31 Jul 2015 22:08

Prime wrote:As far as I know, this will not be very easy to implement if it needs to be coded from scratch, meaning it will be time consuming. Not something we would prioritize within the next month. And if we do this, we would first need to be sure that players want this as a long-term solution.

Anyway I am sure there will be more PvP as the server gets older. Currently players just have a lot of other things to do, many are still leveling. Cross-faction BGs don't make more people queue, it will only add those extra players of one faction who otherwise would not be able to enter.

Thanks for the response Prime. While I would love the idea of x-faction BGs I would rather you guys work on getting content out faster and fixing bugs and etc. More raid content will for sure bring in more players and increase the population and hopefully in turn increase the pvp population.

Since it appears to be something difficult to do is a large deterrent to implement it and enough for me to say to not even focus on it, even if in a months time. I never intended this to be a long-term solution either, I figured within a few months the population will either be bigger or players got through all the content and turn to pvp. This was more of a suggestion for short term RIGHT NOW type of deal.

As always, your input and time spent on answering questions and discussions is much appreciated Prime (and all other admins/devs)

EDIT: Sorry, just out of curiosity, but if for whatever reason the factions were extremely unequal in terms of population IE: theres 3x more ally Qin for PvP vs horde would you ever consider coming back to this suggestion as a possible fix for this?

While I'm sure increase population will help the PvP seen, even if the population is 50/50 it doesnt mean that the PvP population is 50/50 and could lead to unbalanced Q times, win/loss rates etc