Suggestion for BGs

Should BGs allow cross-faction grouping

Yes, allow cross-faction grouping.
45%
No, do not allow cross-faction grouping
36%
I'm a PvE-RP dragonslayer and I dont give a FUCK.
19%

Total votes: 84

Roel
Founder

Re: Suggestion for BGs

#16 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 22:40

It would be too much work as a short-term solution. But it's obviously always possible to come back to a suggestion at a later time.

Anyway there is actually a short-term solution that's already available, free faction change to horde. This works as an auto balancing feature for those that believe that the queue is more of a problem than the negatives of the other faction.

Nyeriah

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Jul 2015 22:45

These cross-faction battleground patches are known for causing crashes due to way the battlegrounds work and how certain events behave. It's something I would definitely try to stay away from but I guess it can be considered if things don't get better after we release the next tier(s) of content.

shibli09

#18 » Post by shibli09 » 31 Jul 2015 22:58

Oh man, I'm obviously not a developer and have no clue how any of this would work or be created but I had no clue the x-faction patches were causing crashes and etc. This thread should now be thrown into the rejected section for now. If things get significantly worse for an extended period of time I will recreate the thread and reintroduce the suggestion as a possible fix to significantly high unequal PvP population. ( After we have some content patches of course)

Thanks again for your responses devs/admins.

Hatson

#19 » Post by Hatson » 01 Aug 2015 10:15

I just completely dislike and disagree with all cross-faction / cross-server functionalities, whether it be for PvE, PvP, RDF, etc etc.
Yeah, I realize with low pop it can really help getting things going, or even feasible in the first place, but once we have enough population, I am really hoping all the cross-faction functionalities, chatting and global cross-faction included, gets completely removed from the server.

Why? Because from the basis of the Warcraft games, it has always been about the two factions at clash with each other. I'm an avid PvP'er, as well as a raider. I love both sides of the coin, and I dread playing with one side of the coin completely spoiled like here on Primal WoW.
And the fact that there is no faction duality or tension between in-game players at all, in any shape or matter, is a huge letdown, as it completely removes a major aspect from the game, which is spontaneous player vs player interaction, not only limiting all interaction to beneficial terms such as doing dungeons with each other like we all currently do.

It removes a huge part of the game's community, which is player reputation, drama, foes & friends, not everyone holding hands together for a good cause, but also bad apples and people you just want to kill every time you see them. This gives you more of a reason to CARE for who you're playing with or against.
The emotional investment you have for the other players on the server becomes much larger, and more important to you, when it's not all sunshine and rainbows with everyone helping each other with no risk involved in anything, ever. There's nothing more satisfying than killing a player that has been pushing your buttons for quite some time.

But this is a PvE server so I won't ever see it like this. But it's the only progressive 3.3.5 mechanics server, which is a cool idea, and that's why I'm currently playing here. So far it's been fun, but for me it could be a lot more fun.
But then again, the server has RDF. So maybe there's no point in trying to get World PvP going, since dungeon finder eliminated all possibilities of running into players in the world for spontaneous interactions.

Here's a video that sums up my feelings pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSiAKEml1es#t=103
Last edited by Guest on 03 Aug 2015 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

.Tomerant

#20 » Post by .Tomerant » 01 Aug 2015 18:42

I agree with above post 100%...

My words exactly, just had no time write entire post.

Idea of this game beats the x-faction logic...

nighto

#21 » Post by nighto » 01 Aug 2015 19:37

I don't like the idea, but I feel we need it in order to have more people on BGs, as it makes leveling much faster and enjoyable.
If possible, well thank you, if it's too time consuming, I'll just stick with 2v2 matches in WSG

Cleofatra

#22 » Post by Cleofatra » 01 Aug 2015 20:56

People are pvping on both sides more and more. We had an 8v8 WSG yesterday night WITHOUT this change. And I agree, the ally versus horde aspect creates a fun dynamic that would be further spoiled by allowing cross-faction BGs. "Muh immersion" and all that but I really like the A v H aspect of WoW and what it adds to the experience.

saben
Donor

#23 » Post by saben » 02 Aug 2015 10:12

Lack of cross-faction doesn't seem to be the problem so much as lack of interest. Queueing for the 10-19, 20-29, and 30-39 brackets so far have shown only 2 or 3 from each side even trying to queue. It may be different at higher levels, but I don't think cross-faction will help those leveling much and as such probably not worth the development time.
Saben - Undead Mage

adam2980

#24 » Post by adam2980 » 02 Aug 2015 10:32

The current situation of battlegrounds is bad.. nobody wants to play a 2v2 wsg 3v2 5v2.. It just ends up with one of the teams corpse farming and that kind of defeats the purpose of WSG..

Roel
Founder

#25 » Post by Roel » 02 Aug 2015 11:26

Increasing the minimum to 4v4 or 5v5 would mean that BGs won't even start.

shibli09

#26 » Post by shibli09 » 02 Aug 2015 18:07

Prime wrote:Increasing the minimum to 4v4 or 5v5 would mean that BGs won't even start.
Yes, I would rather have 2v2 then no wsg at all. I think like you stated earlier, this server is in its early stages so people are still running dungeons and doing the content that is out right now or farming gold for dual talent and epic mount.

Hopefully when they are done with this content there will be some that turn to pvp.

There could be incentives put in to help reward or benefit people in pve from doing pvp. Maybe turning in honor for potions /flasks, enchants / Mats, or even straight up honor for gold.

I think if incentives are put in, it should NOT be easier to get those items through pvp rather than their pve counter parts. But it should be somewhere close to it if not ideally equal to it. This way pvers so not feel forced to pvp because it's the "best" way to help them get these items for their raids.

I'm just throwing ideas out there and seeing if it sticks or maybe inspires some better ideas from other people...

Dreadnought101

#27 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 03 Aug 2015 02:58

No. Alliance Players would not win alterac valley as often ~_~
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...