Reduce Dual Spec Cost To Be In Line With Vanilla Earnings.

Should Primal WoW Reduce Dual Spec Cost In Line With Rate of Inflation From Vanilla To Lich King?

Yes, It Should Be Changed To Match Vanilla Earning Rates.
57%
No, People should have to pay 1000g even though this is a Lich King price where gold was 800% easier to generate.
43%

Total votes: 96

Keenapal

Reduce Dual Spec Cost To Be In Line With Vanilla Earnings.

#1 » Post by Keenapal » 24 Jul 2015 19:39

I have spoken about this on the discussion forum and been met with a highly negative responses, however - In game the vast majority of people have supported my suggestion to reduce Dual Spec cost by 800% in line with the rate of inflation in Vanilla-LichKing currency.

For those who either do not understand or have not seen the topic in question I will now explain what I'm talking about when I refer to the Inflation that occurs between Vanilla-LichKing and why Lich King currency is 800% inflated due to the difference in end-game gold-generation rates.

1) The value of Warcraft gold on any server is determined first and foremost by the ability to generate new Gold. This is done through questing and the control group of generation is end-game quests as we cannot account for the vendored sales of items as those figures do not exist to compare, however I would suggest that would actually indicate a much higher level of inflation than the percentage outlined below.

2) On average the amount of gold earned in an end game Vanilla quest is around 1gold. (See http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4934/silithus-quests)

3) On average the amount of gold earned in a Lich King quest (non-daily) is around 8gold. (See http://www.wowhead.com/zone=210/icecrown#quests) - This is an inflation of 800% which means that 1 Vanilla Gold is as valuable as 8 lich king Gold. For every gold you have just now, you would have 800% more in Lich King money.

- Note - You cannot compare daily quests as they do not exist in Vanilla WoW and are therefore incomparable as a rate of generation, if anything dailies existed as a control to hyperinflation in LK -

4) Dual Spec was introduced in LK and is therefore not comparable to the price of Epic Riding in Vanilla which was it's self reduced in LK.

5) Dual Spec has a LK price tag of 1000gold. The LK price tag would have actually been 8000gold had it been released under the value of Vanilla gold (please think about this to put it into perspective). This means that charging 1000gold in our current Vanilla state is directly equivalent to charging 8000gold for dual spec on it's initial release.

- Would you have paid 8000gold for Dual Spec in Wrath? I doubt very much that any one would have -

6) As the rate of inflation was 800% in the transition from Vanilla to LK the price reduction should be applied as such making the adjusted price of Dual Spec 200gold for purchase. This number could be worked out to 100% accuracy if the Primal developers wish to do so.

There is no reason to charge a Lich King price for something that is there as a convenience to people and not as something that is drastically game altering. The developers brought this to a lich king client for a reason, it was so that people could experience the benefits of being on LK. Sure the hardcore raiders can and they feel great having something that other people simply can't afford. But let me say this to those who are hardcore raiders here, you guys have more time to play the game and your reward as raiders is the gear and progression that you get. Dual Spec was never intended as a reward for people, it was there as something to help people out, Blizzard were never shy of that. Sure getting 1k gold on LK took a little time but only enough to make you feel as though you'd earned it, that would be 200g on this server.

My final point is that it is also very bad for the economy as people will be less likely to buy resources on the auction house as they will be saving up for Dual Spec along Epic Riding. This will result in heavilly stocked auction houses at extremely low prices to the point it isn't worth anyone doing the work to farm, directly devaluing the time and effort farmers put into the game and farming is a far more important aspect of WoW than simply having dual spec as the economy relies on it.

Please seriously consider this suggestion. I have added a poll to this topic and I urge all of you to vote on it and to think carefully before you make your choice, seriously think about whether it's fair to over value dual spec just so a select few can feel privileged to have it or whether it is more sensible to reduce the price to amount and that is lower but identically as expensive as Blizzard had intended. This isn't about having something to work to at the end of the game even though you will still have that, it's about giving the majority of your playerbase the best possible experience they can have on your server.

This realm has the potential to be the best private server in all aspects but it needs this to ensure that it can have the best economy possible. I can state for a fact that I will not be making auction house purchases and I know many others won't simply because of the cost of dual spec and this WILL prevent the economy taking off and there will be no choice but to completely remove AH listing fees as people will simply not be able to afford to pay them outside of the few at the top.

Remember that this is a game that we all love and we all take different things from it. I just want us all to have the best experience and I feel this is an issue of compromise that we all need to make to ensure the vast majority will stay here and want to play. Because remember, the server isn't going to be all that good if the only people that want to be on it are hardcore raiders. It needs to have an element of casual-friendliness as well and right now dual-spec is throwing that friendliness completely to the dogs.

Thank you very much for your consideration, I hope you will all do the right thing.

P.S - It has been suggested than 1000g takes 14 hours to earn on this server. If you work this out it would take 1.75 hours in Lich King to earn the money to buy Dual Spec. -
Last edited by Guest on 24 Jul 2015 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

ufmf1979

Re: Reduce Dual Spec Cost To Be In Line With Vanilla Earning

#2 » Post by ufmf1979 » 24 Jul 2015 19:47

I agree until the increase in revenue from quests and rewards it could be lowered and the 2 expansions increase the amount, At the moment the population and AH prices are very low(which is not a bad thing) but also making gold is a lot slower.

Maybe we a pricing structure could be done I.e
Vanilla 100 gold
TBC 250 gold
WOTLK 500 gold

Relevant

#3 » Post by Relevant » 24 Jul 2015 19:49

While I have agreed with you through this, I will say that this is something that will not be changed. Maybe if there were 300 votes "yes" and 10 votes "no", the staff may have no choice, but changing this doesn't really seems like a realistic option. Prime has weighed in and has said it's going to stay in to be a gold sink.

The wording of the poll is far too biased as well. I know you want everyone to be on board with the way you see it, but if they're not, then they're not. As I've said in the other thread, we're all free to play the game as we see fit. You and I will not be investing time in dual spec. That's our choice. Others may enjoy farming, AHing, whatever they do to get a large amount of gold. Personally, I'd much rather work on my gear than on luxury items.

I'll vote yes, but I think it could've been left as: Do you want the price of dual spec reduced or not. Implying that there is a "wrong" answer is a little unnecessary.

Keenapal

#4 » Post by Keenapal » 24 Jul 2015 19:52

The wording of the question is deliberately provocative to ensure people actually understand what it is they are voting for before they cast the vote, it is there to prevent people coming and voting without reading the article.

It is not meant to dissuade anyone from voting either way.

.Abcynia

#5 » Post by .Abcynia » 24 Jul 2015 20:15

Keenapal wrote: P.S - It has been suggested than 1000g takes 14 hours to earn on this server. If you work this out it would take 1.75 hours in Lich King to earn the money to buy Dual Spec. -
Which should raise flags in your math. We never earned 1K that quickly - your assessment of 800% is clearly wrong and over simplified.
--Stella--

Cleofatra

#6 » Post by Cleofatra » 24 Jul 2015 20:17

10/10 most objective poll

ice4keep

#7 » Post by ice4keep » 24 Jul 2015 20:18

Just so you know, I voted NO because it wasn't available during vanilla and that should make this a rare and tough feature to get. It should NOT be a commodity for everyone to easily achieve. While it is on a 3.3.5 server, we should even be lucky that dual spec is even available. I think this is the mentality that Prime and another game developer had and I fully support them.

I think Prime should data mine and see how many 60s have dual spec as opposed to those that don't have it. That way we can really see if it's a tough feat to accomplish or not.

.gnnome75

#8 » Post by .gnnome75 » 24 Jul 2015 20:19

I dont want the change and enjoy having to work for it the part of putting time into your toon. Rep grinds, Epic mount costs, crafting quests this is wow at its finest

Keenapal

#9 » Post by Keenapal » 24 Jul 2015 20:21

Abcynia wrote:
Keenapal wrote: P.S - It has been suggested than 1000g takes 14 hours to earn on this server. If you work this out it would take 1.75 hours in Lich King to earn the money to buy Dual Spec. -
Which should raise flags in your math. We never earned 1K that quickly - your assessment of 800% is clearly wrong and over simplified.
Actually people were making that kind of gold through farming at that time, the 14 hour to earn 1000gold was asserted by someone on the forums and not using my controlled method. I apologise for not making that clear.

Zanmato

#10 » Post by Zanmato » 24 Jul 2015 20:24

So i'm currently level 59 and just a couple hours away to ding 60.
I've got both my professions capped and didnt really bother farming too much along the way, just basic questing and queuing for RDF's (those quick BRD's give great exp).

All this to say that i'm looking at about 500 to 600g on my pocket when turning level 60. Some people might have more, some may have a little less (but not much less cause as ive said i didn't bother farming at all, and used the stuff ive gathered through mining to raise my Engineering and stored the extras). All the gold i have has been from vendoring the stuff i've gotten so far.

That beeing said, a free 60 will more often then not, have more then half the amount of the gold they need for either their dual spec or their epic riding. They just need to decide if they want to get the epic riding first, or the dual spec and finish farming up after hitting 60.
I'm sure back on retail vanilla when we hit 60 (for those who played this game 10 yeards ago) we didnt have half our epic riding gold already, did we? I sure didnt. It took me 1 month of casual farming as a rogue between tyr's hand and the satyrs in felwood to actually hit my mark. On this server, i'll probably have it in a few days time as i'm already half way there.

I decided to add this info cause you might not know how much gold an average fresh 60 usually has on this server, as i've heard that you might have gotten to 60 through alternative ways. You should consider leveling a fresh character, you've missed on alot (of gold lol).

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Jul 2015 20:27

Well, we aren't a vanilla server. We are a WotLK server focused to provide vanilla content. I also think it's better left as a goal to achieve and the major gold sink at this time. Vanilla will last for long, there's lots of content to be released still, surely you'll have rounded up the amount needed to buy dual spec even without farming, just enjoying the game, if farming is that much of a bother for you.

The WotLK/further expansion features that we have access to should be a bonus to the vanilla experience, but trivializing them would greatly lower their importance in the game. Besides, if everyone buys it now, and considering the player base would stick with us until we reach WotLK, none would actually buy it at the real price then. Except maybe for new players that didn't get to enjoy the vanilla part of it.

ice4keep

#12 » Post by ice4keep » 24 Jul 2015 20:33

Zanmato wrote:They just need to decide if they want to get the epic riding first, or the dual spec and finish farming up after hitting 60.
I'm sure back on retail vanilla when we hit 60 (for those who played this game 10 yeards ago) we didnt have half our epic riding gold already, did we? I sure didnt.
I guess people on here just want to have both readily available to them already when they hit 60 like they're entitled to it. Devs are trying to emulate how hard vanilla was. Not make it casual mode just because it's on a 3.3.5 realm. I think people fail to realize that key aspect about playing on this progression path.
Last edited by H3art0fst33l on 24 Jul 2015 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Keenapal

#13 » Post by Keenapal » 24 Jul 2015 20:33

I'll just leave the first post to speak for it as it explains everything.
Last edited by Guest on 24 Jul 2015 20:35, edited 2 times in total.

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 24 Jul 2015 20:42

ice4keep wrote:Just so you know, I voted NO because it wasn't available during vanilla and that should make this a rare and tough feature to get. It should NOT be a commodity for everyone to easily achieve. While it is on a 3.3.5 server, we should even be lucky that dual spec is even available. I think this is the mentality that Prime and another game developer had and I fully support them.

I think Prime should data mine and see how many 60s have dual spec as opposed to those that don't have it. That way we can really see if it's a tough feat to accomplish or not.
You understand :)

Currently 51 out of 231 level 60s have Dual Spec, that's 22% while most of the level 60s only reached that level in the last 2 weeks. We have almost 2 years left before we reach TBC and then probably another 2 years for WotLK when Dual Spec actually became available on retail.

Keenapal

#15 » Post by Keenapal » 24 Jul 2015 20:43

ice4keep wrote:
Zanmato wrote:They just need to decide if they want to get the epic riding first, or the dual spec and finish farming up after hitting 60.
I'm sure back on retail vanilla when we hit 60 (for those who played this game 10 yeards ago) we didnt have half our epic riding gold already, did we? I sure didnt.
I guess people on here just want to have both readily available to them already when they hit 60 like they're entitled to it. Devs are trying to emulate how hard vanilla was. Not make it casual mode just because it's on a 3.3.5 realm. I think people fail to realize that key aspect about playing on this progression path.
It's not casual, it's still Blizzlike if you reduce it 800%. Right now it's actually vastly more punishing than even Vanilla Blizz was.