New Trailer & Hype Video

.Exin

New Trailer & Hype Video

#1 » Post by .Exin » 14 Jul 2015 22:43

Heya!

I know I haven't been here long, I started after the video review that dodgykebab. Since that video had such a huge impact on this server, I feel like we should put together a really good introduction/overview/trailer type video. What I'm thinking is getting together a large group and adding some clips of raids (with plenty of players), PVP, server-wide events, etc. The clips really don't even have to be from Primal since I know BWL/AQ40 isn't open and showing TBC/WOTLK stuff quickly as a teaser would be a good idea.

Basically, I just feel like voting is not enough. We need to get more hype around the server, and an awesome professional video will DEFINITELY help. Maybe some Machinima if anyone has any experience with that.

As pure examples, here's a few that I thought were pretty cool (I'm so sorry if this counts as promoting, it's the total opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSrmodmiAag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qhoq-UEYEE

You get the idea. I'd be happy to help in anyway I can, though I'm sure we've got some film students or professionals among us somewhere. This server is just AWESOME and I want to see it thrive.

murbarron

Re: New Trailer & Hype Video

#2 » Post by murbarron » 14 Jul 2015 22:58

As it's been discussed a lot ingame, I totally agree, the server is AWESOME but hard to find. Reddit brought me here, so a nice hype video will defo bring some people that might be looking for us, but have not yet found us.

.Sorrugis

#3 » Post by .Sorrugis » 15 Jul 2015 00:50

Great idea.

Shame it's not a pvp server. I'd love to organize a world pvp event specifically for the purpose of a hype video.

Just don't think enough horde would show up to make something like this happen.

.Exin

#4 » Post by .Exin » 15 Jul 2015 14:47

A world event can still be organized. It is a shame it's not a PVP server, though PVP servers can kinda suck, especially for leveling. Could turn off new players, they'd probably just go to other servers instead. Maybe there are other world events we can organize. Like a GM led and filmed raid, maybe outdoor boss, all flagged /pvp and big battle, then fancy text intros with stuff like PROGRESSION SERVER. EXPERIENCE WOW FROM THE BEGINNING. etc.

I just feel this is REALLY important to do ASAP, the longer we wait, the less playerbase we will have.

.Exin

#5 » Post by .Exin » 20 Jul 2015 17:49

I'm not sure if bumping my own suggestion is frowned upon, but I just wanted to know if anyone is working on this and if so, if there's anyway I can help. PM me on the forums. I think this is super important. Regardless of the fact that our pop is growing, we need a good hype/trailer video, not just reviews.

Urdead

#6 » Post by Urdead » 26 Jul 2015 21:29

Bump

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 26 Jul 2015 21:32

Asking for others to do something generally won't work... Someone needs to take the initiative.

.adamishere

#8 » Post by .adamishere » 26 Jul 2015 22:37

shame i cant login