Update your website

Vyse

Update your website

#1 » Post by Vyse » 14 Jul 2015 16:12

Hey folks,

I´d like to suggest something regarding the website.

The mainpost (6 Years of WoW, One Epic Journey) is 2 months old, also the graphics / statistics on
how much players are online are a bit confusing (i.E. the list shows only players who are online right now, not all the players registered and have atleast a lvl 10 account). Also it says players online 174 (264) and then again players online 264.

Maybe you cant change the statistics because this is part of the TrueWoW webdesign which you have no access to (I dont know), but you could make a hell lot of more news!.

I personally find it attractive if there is a private server who keeps their server updated constantly and also shows this on the main page,
not in a thread hidden in the forums.

Its the first impression that most of the players will make their decision based on, and if they see that every 2-4 days (ON THE MAINPAGE) something is getting fixed / added to make the game smoother, they will see that you devs put alot of work in here.

I myself almost thought this server is dead already because the mainpage had only 1 post and at that time (mid june) there were only 50 players online.

.unstag

Re: Update your website

#2 » Post by .unstag » 14 Jul 2015 16:13

Indeed.. Good suggestion

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Jul 2015 16:39

Not sure if I understood what you're talking about. The status page and the statistic pages are two different pages independent to each other.

The status page only shows characters logged in (www.primalwow.org/status).
The statistic pages only shows an overview of the database (www.primalwow.org/statistics).

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 16:44

Only big news will get posted at the homepage because that news would otherwise get buried by the constant small changes. With the server being new, it was best to leave some important information at the homepage for newcomers to read. Though we might be posting something new soon.

Also the status page indeed only shows online players, you can see the total number of account and characters at the homepage. With the statistics page you can get a good overview of the amount of characters per class/race/level. If you look at the status page and see "Players Online" twice, you will see that the second numbers are "Records" meaning that was the highest we have ever achieved.

Vyse

#5 » Post by Vyse » 14 Jul 2015 17:24

Well, I just want this project to become big, because I enjoy it really much and im looking forward to finaly leveling here (my gf keeps me busy with Dalaran - WoW).

I mean I dont know if the admins / developers / etc. are new, or are all from True - WoW, I dont even really know what the relation between Primal and True WoW is, other than their homepage looks the same.

I just want the server to become popular so that alot more new players will start the 6 year adventure togehter with us, and thus suggesting some things that I think
show that Primal WoW is beeing held in professional hands.

Like more news, polished website in general (warmane has a great website, just shitty community), little things like an extra tab where all the developers / admins /founders are listed, so that people can see how much people actually work on this server.

I mean obviously working on the server itself is far more important, its just my 2 cents.