PvP dmg

sargantis

PvP dmg

#1 » Post by sargantis » 06 Jul 2015 18:31

As i am sure anyone that has pvped at 60 there are a few things that needs addressing even if they are not fixed at the moment....

#1 - due to humans having a 2 min cd free trinket with their racial all other races atm are inferior in pvp crazy amounts of honor for a 5 min trinket as well as taking up a trinket slot is not fun.

How to fix - reduce the pvp trinket to 2 min cool down and 1000(not sure on amount) honor - enabling anyone who wanted to pvp at least a trinket as this will not help or make easier pve in any way.

#2 - due to wrath dmg scaling and low hp pools people have people are getting 2 shot all over the place and this does not create for a fun or equal pvp experience...

How to fix - like how pve has custom values perhaps consider reducing damage by -50% up to -75% (fine tuning needed) in arenas and bg's .... again this will not make pve any easyer and could make pvp more enjoyable and encourage arena/bg's more

Post your thoughts below and lets see what people thing, i know this is a pve server and that will be the focus however at the moment with only 1 raid night a week possibly 2 for world bosses perhaps it will give people something to do in the downtime and draw more players to the server.

Roel
Founder

Re: PvP dmg

#2 » Post by Roel » 06 Jul 2015 18:42

I hold off on applying such debuffs to PvP because we haven't seen much PvP yet. But it will probably be required, especially when players are getting raid geared. Though a special level condition will need to be coded, so only level 50+ is affected.

Shave

#3 » Post by Shave » 06 Jul 2015 19:22

Medallion of the horde needs 2min CD and reduced honor cost ASAP

Cleofatra

#4 » Post by Cleofatra » 06 Jul 2015 19:53

As someone who has been doing a fair bit of pvp on Primal-

I do think the DAMAGE output of players is TOO HIGH in pvp. Remember we are having buffed damage output from WotLK client but not much increased health. Even if you stack health gear you will reach maybe 1.5k more total hp in BIS pvp gear from MC/BWL. Meanwhile our damage will be going up with raid-gear also. I think doing a minor 80% of normal damage debuff to BGs would be a good enough tweak.

The honor costs do seem really high at least for the current server pop. Also it is impossible to get arena rating as no one really does it :p.

sargantis

#5 » Post by sargantis » 06 Jul 2015 20:15

if you reduce the cost / cooldown of the trinket and reduce the cost of pvp gear + reduce dmg done you will see an increese in pvp attendance as it will be fun/somewhat usefull

guess im not alown on this so thats always good

Cleofatra

#6 » Post by Cleofatra » 06 Jul 2015 20:43

I don't agree with making some many tweaks all at once unless they are very minor. I think reducing PVP damage is A MUST though!!! As much fun as I have bursting down someone during my Pet Stun....

Shave

#7 » Post by Shave » 07 Jul 2015 00:13

I agree with Cleo.

applesand1

#8 » Post by applesand1 » 07 Jul 2015 01:26

Being sapped by a rogue means that I have between 5 and 10 seconds to live, and 0 seconds to act. =P

Growth

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 07 Jul 2015 15:45

sargantis

#10 » Post by sargantis » 07 Jul 2015 15:52

yay a dmg decrese in arena and bg's

however... why reduce healing?? its goin to be easy enough to kill healers anyway since only paladin has interupt immunity butten.... no real defencive cooldowns and combine 50% healing with a MS or wound poison = never goin to top anyone anyway???

/sigh at least fights may last a bit longer now

applesand1

#11 » Post by applesand1 » 07 Jul 2015 15:58

Prime:

Thank you so much for this update! I'm very excited to see how it plays out. I think the healing debuff is a good idea as well, because it puts everyone on an even playing field. The heals don't get 1 shot, and the DPS can still burn a healers mana since they'll be healing more often.

Growth

Roel
Founder

#12 » Post by Roel » 07 Jul 2015 16:39

Good healers would be pretty much unkillable in 2v2 if heals were not reduced... Healers will already be a lot more viable because they can survive a CC and heal themselves afterwards. Anyway, we will see how it goes.

sargantis

#13 » Post by sargantis » 07 Jul 2015 17:48

ya i guess so, im excited to give it a try ill be honest... can always tweek more if need b, the joy of a private server

Cleofatra

#14 » Post by Cleofatra » 07 Jul 2015 18:38

Yay! :) Too bad I am gone this whole weekend and can't PvP to test out the change. :(

.Sorrugis

#15 » Post by .Sorrugis » 10 Jul 2015 06:33

The problem with nerfing damage is that it benefits classes such as warriors and rogues who don't have a finite amount of mana to spend. When you extend the duration of fights mana using classes have to drop out of combat in order to drink leaving them vulnerable and unable to assist in the battle.

If health pools are buffed I think it's only fair to do the same with mana.

Warriors are already incredibly strong and this change only solidifies that change (just look at the census). Especially when its an equal % based change for all classes a warrior will see more of an increased health pool than your typical caster.

This change also makes any absorb spells weaker since classes who rely on these abilities to survive don't see nearly as much increased survivability as those who only have their health pool to work with.