Keeping the cross faction

Kuruma

Keeping the cross faction

#1 » Post by Kuruma » 03 Jul 2015 10:15

I'd like to suggest keeping the cross faction feature enabled even when the pop grows a bit more. The reason behind my suggestion is that the cross faction is a feature that can only improve player's experience in the game, since PvE is the main goal of this server and with the cross faction the chances of finding a party to dungeon with grow significantly. Not only through the RDF, but also through communication between the two factions using chat (last night I got in a party with another alliance guy and three horde players thanks to the fact that one of them whispered me to join them). So, I believe the cross faction is also positive from a social point of view: we're not limited to our own faction, instead we can enjoy the game experience with every player on the server.

The only downside I find is the presence of both paladin and shamans in the same groups during the Vanilla fase of the server, but this won't be a problem coming TBC and WOTLK. Besides, this wouldn't be the first server to keep the cross faction even with a high population, and even if it isn't Blizzlike, it's a feature that, from my point of view, can only improve the player experience. After all, Horde and Alliance fight together against common enemies on the morrow even if on the afternoon they kill each other in the Warsong Gulch.

So Primal community, what are your thoughts on this matter?

Renon

Re: Keeping the cross faction

#2 » Post by Renon » 03 Jul 2015 10:48

I would prefer removing crossfaction when this server will have high population. My reason is that WoW was done in such state that Ally vs Horde fought whenever they saw each other which makes a world more exciting, cause battle between the two races could occur whenever possible. Also there was a state of rivarly in PvE progress which faction was better in FK bosses, if crossfaction is kept it won't matter anymore since horde can be in Ally's raid or the other way around - No more rivarly = no more goal to differ which faction is better.

Sure it could help with some things like more dungeons etc, but I see no reason for it if it won't be a problem anymore. It's my opinion.

applesand1

#3 » Post by applesand1 » 03 Jul 2015 20:28

I think cross faction should be taken away at some point. I've made several Ally friends, and even convinced one or two to transfer to Horde. (Heh) I'm going to be sad about it, but I still think it should be removed eventually. World of Warcraft isn't really a war without the two factions fighting each other, is it? It's always good to have competition, arbitrary as it may be.

Growth

Huggies

#4 » Post by Huggies » 03 Jul 2015 20:49

I agree with Growth, also not having paladins and shamans in the same group may make content a little more harder (maybe not by much) until it is time to have them both (TBC).