[Accepted] Honor System Titles

Arturo

[Accepted] Honor System Titles

#1 » Post by Arturo » 15 Jun 2015 12:42

Back during vanilla there was an honor system where to get honor ranking titles you had to pvp till your eyes bled, figuratively and literally. of course this was all gutted with 2.0. But since this is patch 3.3.5 maybe some sort of reward system, using those old titles for players who love pvp, that is simple could be implemented. For example in some of the previous servers i played at that used 3.3.5, the honor ranking titles (private, corporal, sergeant etc) were all obtainable, each required x amount of kills like 10hks for private 250 for corporal 500 for sergeant and so on. Otherwise these old rank titles are unobtainable in game.

I know its too early in the servers life to be focusing on solely pvp related suggestions since there isnt enough population for pvp at the moment, but i thought something like this to reward players who love pvp would keep would get battlegrounds started on all brackets. And since it is 3.3.5 patch some of the honor vendor gear would be very useful early on in game, making it easier for players to level while at the same time keeping battlegrounds active. Not to mention as time goes on when MC and all the vanilla raids have been cleared and players are tired of raiding and are waiting for the next raid to open, they could give pvp a try keeping them active in the server by having something for them to work towards.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

SeaNun

Re: Honor System Titles

#2 » Post by SeaNun » 15 Jun 2015 12:49

Yespls, maybe you can stop giving these titles when TBC hits (I would rather not), but during vanilla we should definetly have this.

.Arliath

#3 » Post by .Arliath » 15 Jun 2015 14:39

I really like this idea and would like to see it implemented if possible.
Kitty
Amber
Luna

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 15 Jun 2015 15:12

Could link them to the Honorable kill achievements so they are obtainable until we go to TBC. But we likely won't make the entire system work like it did in Vanilla.

Sacre12

#5 » Post by Sacre12 » 15 Jun 2015 15:42

Prime wrote:Could link them to the Honorable kill achievements so they are obtainable until we go to TBC. But we likely won't make the entire system work like it did in Vanilla.
Personally, this has a +1 from me. It's the best or close to best option from what I've see. The numbers can be discussed/figured out by a forum thread if the general consensous is that it's a good idea to implement the titles in that way; and I can't really see any downside to implementing the titles other than the time it takes to implement it.

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 15 Jun 2015 15:46

Well linking them to the achievements is quite easy, but there are only 9 achievements including the one for the first HK so some titles would need to be skipped. Giving titles for custom numbers would indeed be some more work as it requires core modifications.

Arturo

#7 » Post by Arturo » 15 Jun 2015 15:57

Prime wrote:Could link them to the Honorable kill achievements so they are obtainable until we go to TBC. But we likely won't make the entire system work like it did in Vanilla.
Oh yea I think its best to stay away from the vanilla system lol. My suggestion was just make them obtainable in a simple system using the amount of lifetime HKs a player gets. I believe they get tracked anyways. Also i think it should be something left on permanently past the vanilla phase, because why implement something then remove it later, but that can be up for discussion when tbc rolls around. Also yea linked with achievements is a good thing, but i believe there are only like 9 achievements for Hks going up to 100k and there are about 14 titles total.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

Arturo

#8 » Post by Arturo » 15 Jun 2015 15:58

Prime wrote:Well linking them to the achievements is quite easy, but there are only 9 achievements including the one for the first HK so some titles would need to be skipped. Giving titles for custom numbers would indeed be some more work as it requires core modifications.
Beat me to it.

Edit: I would love it if they were all there, hopefully it wont be too much trouble but if it is then idk it can always wait.
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

.Exin

#9 » Post by .Exin » 13 Jul 2015 17:01

I fully support this idea (and replied to a totally different thread with the same idea, unknown to me lol). I find that people (very much including myself) LOVE titles, and with the so few up until WOTLK, having an Title per HKs system would be great. Even if its just attached to the achievement system, I don't think anyone will care.

Shave

#10 » Post by Shave » 13 Jul 2015 20:25

Great idea, i am up for this!

.Sorrugis

#11 » Post by .Sorrugis » 14 Jul 2015 08:17

Maybe make the first 9 ranks directly linked with the HK achievements and then the last 4 purchasable with honor points. Each rank could cost increasingly more with the last two ranks also requiring arena points and or specific ratings. But in order to get a specific rank you would have to have completed the previous rank.

Haven't looked at the amount of HKs needed though. If it's a ridiculous amount, could just merge a few ranks together. The first achieve could give you rank 3, second rank 5, third rank 7 then increase one rank per achievement.

.Exin

#12 » Post by .Exin » 14 Jul 2015 15:50

I think tying in arena somehow would be a mistake. Arena has its own titles and we're playing (currently) vanilla, so I think the vanilla-only titles would be fitting. Then perhaps turning them into unobtainable feats of strength after TBC launch, so the titles can remain prestigious as they were previously.

However it's implemented, it's not a HUGE deal regardless. They're just titles. I know Prime has much more on their plate to handle. However, just tying them to the feats to the HKs seems like an easy fix. Just figuring out how much per feat would be the problem. People saying like 100k+, we just don't have the population for that yet. I'd say more like 10k-14k for HWL/GM, but not linearly.

Anyway, thank you prime for considering this suggestion. It's something of a favorite of mine, the old school titles.

.Kingx

#13 » Post by .Kingx » 18 Jul 2015 11:06

Back then when I first tried LoLten, that was the only single thing I liked in the shitty server.

+1 from me too.

Corpses

#14 » Post by Corpses » 19 Jul 2015 12:24

Well, why would you link the tittles to achievements when there's already made basic scripts (dunno what core is primal running, but its probably based on trinity) that give the tittles based on reached number of hks (10 for Corporal, etc), that are completely public and working (maybe with a little bit of tweaking, but it shouldnt be hard for u guys). Thats probably the best choice, if you cant implement the vanilla rankings, which obv everyone wants. :)

edit: Sorry, I was on my phone earlier. What I suggest is to use a released custom script that gives the Vanilla PvP rankings based on your kills. An old version of the script, that might need more or less tweaking can be found here. You can probably do a poll with the suggestion, when... I guess the community/server manegement decides what number of kills should be needed for every of the rankings. IMO, as the server goal is to be played for several years with the same characters database, such farmable tittles, should not be a joke, and should need more or less A LOT of hours to grind, as it was in vanilla. The kills required for the tittles set in the script I linked are as follows, and I think as they are only there to show the hang of it, they are quite acceptable... maybe the earlier ranks can be tweaked a little, to be gained faster, as the amount between can be changed as well, to not be dull 1K, 5K etc for the next ones, but the higher ranks should not be something that can be grinded for 2-3, even 5-6 months (again IMO). And remember, the server will gain population, it won't stay with ~250 online forver, thats why we need higher goals for the late game/tittles.
Alliance Kills Horde
Private 100 Scout
Corporal 500 Grunt
Sergeant 1000 Sergeant
Master Sergeant 2000 Senior Sergeant
Sergeant Major 4000 First Sergeant
Knight 5000 Stone Guard
Knight-Lieutenant 6000 Blood Guard
Knight-Captain 8000 Legionnaire
Knight-Champion 10000 Centurion
Lieutenant Commander 15000 Champion
Commander 25000 Lieutenant General
Marshal 40000 General
Field Marshal 45000 Warlord
Grand Marshal 50000 High Warlord

.Exin

#15 » Post by .Exin » 20 Jul 2015 17:30

I agree with Corpses (and thanks for posting that link, I knew it was available publicly somewhere). 50k for GM/HWL seems reasonable to me. I don't think it's about the months as much as it is about the time spent. In classic, at the higher ranks (12-14) you were playing 10-16 hours a day to maintain and progress your rank. But most HWL/GMs I knew/saw had between 30-60k kills at the end of the grind. I just really hope this gets implemented as it's a serious draw for me.

I'm unsure about keeping it classic and removing the availability of the titles after TBC launch. I don't think it would be horrible to reward those who stuck with the server early on (maybe even for 2 years). Though you're then excluding newer players who come to play after TBC. However, that's how it was on retail so I think they should just deal with it ;).