ACCEPTED - Timear Foresees

Crymaker
Donor

ACCEPTED - Timear Foresees

#1 » Post by Crymaker » 03 Sep 2015 01:06

- As the tittle says. Archmage Timear, was giving 4 dialy quests,and now its removed, and as we went higher patch we got weekly quest instead of it. I was wondering is it posible to script this guy,to give us dialy's? And yes, Tittle aswell.
No harm on this,and many ppl get satisfaction of doing morning dialy while drinking coffe,getting something in retrun after all 4 are done. :)
I look this suggestion from bright side, some will get another *to do* thing in the morning,while waking up,que Rdf,maybe more 'cause of this 4 lovely quests, w/o declining and going afk. :) Some may be curious about this, *oh look,new quest,new quest giver,lets do it,check out what it brings*...

Anyway,just a tought. Thanks in advance for + / - and effort for reading the suggestion.
JIMI

Characters:
~ Jethrotull 80 LvL Troll Shaman PvE - Restoration
~ Gothicows 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Balance
~ Sykor 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Tank
~ Jimshields 80 LvL Troll Priest PvE - Discipline
~ Jimolocks 80LvL Undead Warlock PvE - Affliction
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

BozoBog

Re: Timear Foresees

#2 » Post by BozoBog » 03 Sep 2015 02:03

I like this idea, and I'd like to see it happen. Hope that our staff wont see it as braking holy blizzlikness of TW :)
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

vladancar

#3 » Post by vladancar » 03 Sep 2015 03:44

Good idea, I got it on Bloodcraft and when I check FoS achs, it always reminds me on good old times!
+ from me! :D

Evildead

#4 » Post by Evildead » 03 Sep 2015 04:26

+1 :)
https://imgur.com/NhsJUyc.jpg

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.

~Albert Einstein.

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 04 Sep 2015 11:27

/agree ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Knewklear
Donor

#6 » Post by Knewklear » 04 Sep 2015 14:57

If I remember correctly, I talked to a GM about this one evening as she was hanging around the Dalaran Alliance bank and she said that there are no plans on bringing this back. I asked about this because many people have the feat of strength achievement for completing this but since we patched on, many as well are missing out on the achievement.

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 04 Sep 2015 15:50

Could you check have l wrote this well and show us results, please?
SELECT `characters`.`name`, COUNT(`character_achievement`.`achievement`) AS `Timear Foresees`
FROM `characters`
INNER JOIN `character_achievement`
ON `characters`.`guid`=`character_achievement`.`guid`
WHERE `achievement` IN (2018)
GROUP BY `character_achievement`.`guid`
ORDER BY `Timear Foresees` DESC
LIMIT 100;
SELECT `characters`.`name`, COUNT(`character_achievement`.`achievement`) AS `Proof of Demise`
FROM `characters`
INNER JOIN `character_achievement`
ON `characters`.`guid`=`character_achievement`.`guid`
WHERE `achievement` IN (2019)
GROUP BY `character_achievement`.`guid`
ORDER BY `Proof of Demise` DESC
LIMIT 100;

Doctor_J
Developer

#8 » Post by Doctor_J » 04 Sep 2015 17:03

Well quiet a few players never had a chance to complete this ach as well as the proof of demise thing (the heroic equivalent of these as the above achievement was for normal dungeons),

Know players from Spermik never had chance of obtaining this achievement as when this achievement was available only a handful of Northrend dungeons where open (ie the oculus, drak'tharon keep, halls of stone, culling of stratholme where never opened when these achievement(s) and the related quests where available, it was not until server changed from Mangos to Trinitycore that the remaining northrend instances became available but at that point these quests where no longer available so players originally from Spermik never got chance to complete these achievements players from Bloodcraft and Gaming Consortium had though I believe.since these quests where removed in patch 3.2 when dungeon finder was introduced and spermik was never on a tc core lower than 3.3.5a

Psychromatic
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Psychromatic » 05 Sep 2015 19:59

If the quests are coded to not give emblems, then I don't see why this couldn't happen. An extra feat of strength for the whole server can't hurt.
So I will upvote this.
+1

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#10 » Post by Errorista » 30 Nov 2015 19:57

bump

Eisen
Donor

#11 » Post by Eisen » 01 Dec 2015 11:37

Not that I have any say in the matter, but I would mention that adding it back, while 'nice', would be a bit odd. It's like Blizzard rolling back patches to allow people to get achievements. Bioware replaying weekend events so people can get free gear. ArenaNet adding a limited item back onto the gemstore for good. All the titles available for all the exapnsions/patches...

Some things are just meant to be "you had to have been there", like a limited time sale offer. Increasing the rarity of something adds that bit of 'shock and awe'. If you give everyone (and) infinite chances, everything loses it's value, becoming lukewarm and mediocre.

This of course, inevitably means that there will be the poor 'lil kids with tears steaming down their faces and sobbing because they didn't get on the train early enough, or at the right time, or at the right place. But life's like that. (I have unfortunately been one of these kids far too often, but that does not mean I don't understand the reasoning behind it all)

(PS. The same argument of course, applies to all things along a similar line)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#12 » Post by Errorista » 01 Dec 2015 13:34

Eisen wrote:"you had to have been there
There was never chance for most players except BloodCraft.

Doctor_J
Developer

#13 » Post by Doctor_J » 01 Dec 2015 17:10

These quests will be available after next restart until End of January to give those players who never had a chance to gain the feat of strenghs for Timear Foresees and Proof of Demise.

Please note that if you decide to do these quests the only thing you will gain by doing them is credit towards the Feat of Strength all other rewards (emblems, gold, commendation badges, kirin tor rep are removed from these quests so you get nothing except for credit towards the achievement.

Eisen
Donor

#14 » Post by Eisen » 01 Dec 2015 17:20

Errorista wrote:
Eisen wrote: This of course, inevitably means that there will be the poor 'lil kids with tears steaming down their faces and sobbing because they didn't get on the train early enough, or at the right time, or at the right place. But life's like that.
I suppose it's irrelevant now, but clearly you missed the point of my point.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Doctor_J
Developer

#15 » Post by Doctor_J » 01 Dec 2015 17:30

Eisen wrote:
Errorista wrote:
Eisen wrote: This of course, inevitably means that there will be the poor 'lil kids with tears steaming down their faces and sobbing because they didn't get on the train early enough, or at the right time, or at the right place. But life's like that.
I suppose it's irrelevant now, but clearly you missed the point of my point.
Well this is not the first such to be enabled as the Call to Arms Battleground quests for achievement should also not be available in our patch since those quests where removed by Blizzard at same time even though they re-implemented achievement in 4.x.x to complete 100 battlegrounds at max level and the quests for this where also previously re-enabled.