[Accepted] Improving transfer gear

benzviliran

Re: Transfer gear is terrible

#16 » Post by benzviliran » 05 Jul 2015 08:54

Relina wrote:
mcheka wrote: It's not great, but still better than when I ding 80 on a newly-levelled char, I found my transferred char quite a lot easier to start dungeons with than a freshly dinged one. I wouldn't be against characters receiving predefined 187 gear or something along those lines to cover all the slots, though.
Having a predefined gear set for the transfers that are not 1:1 would also remove the need to grant those transfers any emblems or as much gold as currently given.
Infact the transfer template can be further improved, instead of giving gold to the player to learn the needed spells/riding skills they should already be pre learnt, and also 4x20 slot bags along with a minimal amount of gold.
it takes alot of time to teach someone new spells by command, better give him gold to learn them instead.

anyway i think instead of 600 emblem of heroism should might consider change it to 300 emblem of heroism and 300 emblem of valor as there are a few items you cant buy with emblem of heroism such as cloaks and rings.

or add the 600 emblem of heroism a 120-220 emblem of valor depends on the amount needed for the missing item slots.

starting gear should be a starting gear, just enough to have average GS that will allow you to join all the rhcs including hor and make a descent dmg inside them.

about gold learning flying +cold weather flying and mount should cost around 7000 gold, learning all the spells i dont know but lets say around 1000 gold? he needs proffs? lets not go too far but for 2 proffs should be given a 2k so he will be able to start both of his proffs.

should be around 10k so far more or less and if really 1k more or 1k less is that important than i dont mind to check how much it will cost to learn all spells from lvl 1 to 80.

about dual spec can either agree that starting gear will come with dual spec or either consider some part of the gold he gets to start this.

anyway i think wilcox might be right perhaps future transfers should be upgraded with emblem of valors too so they can cover missing items, also i would recommend around 10k-14k gold as he will need to learn spells, flying+flying and running mount dual spec etc and also he should have a few gold left in his bag for other uses atleast xd
I am the swarm

lollypop

#17 » Post by lollypop » 05 Jul 2015 11:07

When i transfered my warrior, it went from 1950 rated team, to a level 70, with no mount and no rep for mount. Stranded in Stormwind, naked. Technically i have plenty of other chars to play, is np, but just sayin' :P

Wilcox

#18 » Post by Wilcox » 05 Jul 2015 16:44

why not implement something like a template npc that they have on AT? you talk to the guy for example as enhancement shaman. you're given previously chosen, enchanted & gemmed gear and your talents are automatically set while your spells are automatically learnt. im not asking for the exact same since we aim for a more blizzlike environment. but come on.

i think mounting skill gold shouldn't be given. as someone said earlier, savage saronite gear should suffice as starting gear. no you shouldnt queue fos pos hor with that gear right away. im being minimalistic. im asking for something you can begin the game with. a complete team of items.

or benzvilirans idea is also great. distribute the gems below eot so people cant start with T9 gear but anything lower.

i certainly have no problem with showering the AH with gold but why? i dont really feel like wasting tons of gold (for example 8k gold on raging behemoths shoulders) on a bunch of boe items that i'll dump away the first chance i get. lets begin making sense shall we? current system is not good. its great that it exists, of course, im forever thankful to staff for that and im bringing 4-5 friends from retail to tw, but right now they would rather buy heirlooms with eoh and level new toons because their 80's are entirely unplayable. lets say i bought gear for myself, im not matsy after all. i cant buy gear for them all. you may think that this is good because low level action was created unintentionally, but their first impression with the server is shit, just letting you know. im being totally unbiased here, i have always done my best to advertise this server & make it look good to some old wow players/friends so they return to the game through tw. this is like, the problem begins from the first step

Aggressive

#19 » Post by Aggressive » 05 Jul 2015 17:45

I totally agree with the suggestion given above since I received my death knight with 600 EoH only which I can use to fill like less than a half of item slots(Mostly that crappy Savage set).
Those characters that don't meet the requirements for 1:1 transfers should be given at least ilvl 187 or ilvl 200 gear just to be able to queue rhc.
Instead of gold you could actually add that NPC that Wilcox mention that would spec your talents, gem gears and learn spells.
That doesn't change the fact that TW is Blizzlike.

Arockalypse
Donor

#20 » Post by Arockalypse » 06 Jul 2015 02:59

Oh please, you can get to 6k in no time...
let your alliance pals carry you
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Nyeriah

#21 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Jul 2015 03:16

Back at GC we also had a compensation based transfer system. Players were given level 78 crafts and the BS weapons. The difference was that no rates higher than 3x were accepted and the characters were always deleted on the previous server. So in my opinion, what is being given right now is quite fair for the system that is in place.

This is not supposed to be a character give-away. It's just a push-forward to those who would like to try the server out.

If the gear being given stays at the tier of heroics or slightly inferior then it's better as it'll likely increase their activity. If it's increased past it then you're at a null point where people don't need to do heroics nor have decent gear to start raiding something.

Wilcox

#22 » Post by Wilcox » 06 Jul 2015 05:57

Arockalypse wrote:Oh please, you can get to 6k in no time...
let your alliance pals carry you
ignorance is bliss. i am not looking to get carried like the rest of the server does with their alts. i prefer earning my gear myself through raiding & fyi it's in horde

Nyeriah wrote:Back at GC we also had a compensation based transfer system. Players were given level 78 crafts and the BS weapons. The difference was that no rates higher than 3x were accepted and the characters were always deleted on the previous server. So in my opinion, what is being given right now is quite fair for the system that is in place.

This is not supposed to be a character give-away. It's just a push-forward to those who would like to try the server out.

If the gear being given stays at the tier of heroics or slightly inferior then it's better as it'll likely increase their activity. If it's increased past it then you're at a null point where people don't need to do heroics nor have decent gear to start raiding something.
beg your pardon, you're an intelligent person. please re-read the entire thread because nobody asked for this to turn into a free character giveaway. if you're going to do something, do it right q.q

i am unsure of the item level req for utgarde keep, but you could diatribute equal gear so people can queue the heroic and begin their journey you know? what sense does giving naked chars make, so that players can check the server our with their naked chars?

6 pieces of gear is useless. at least turn it into 600 emblem of valor or something so people arent entirely naked you know?

Nyeriah

#23 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Jul 2015 06:27

I didn't say anyone was asking for it to be a character give-away, because, honestly, from the moment people with 20+ characters start requesting transfers it already is a give-away. So from that point, these people might as well put some effort on working their transferred characters. And that is not aimed at you, but in general, that's what can be seen.

There are different tiers of transfer. And yes I do apologize as I didn't transfer any character for my own use, so I didn't know exactly how bad it was seeing the only picture I had was from Roel's presentation.

From what I can see, the low tier is indeed very poorly designed and needs to be fixed as soon as possible seeing what is being given isn't enough to gear up characters fully.

benzviliran

#24 » Post by benzviliran » 06 Jul 2015 06:53

Nyeriah wrote:I didn't say anyone was asking for it to be a character give-away, because, honestly, from the moment people with 20+ characters start requesting transfers it already is a give-away. So from that point, these people might as well put some effort on working their transferred characters. And that is not aimed at you, but in general, that's what can be seen.

There are different tiers of transfer. And yes I do apologize as I didn't transfer any character for my own use, so I didn't know exactly how bad it was seeing the only picture I had was from Roel's presentation.

From what I can see, the low tier is indeed very poorly designed and needs to be fixed as soon as possible seeing what is being given isn't enough to gear up characters fully.
a few emblem of valor should greatly improve it, i checked the vendor and he sell the same item lvls just that the valor one sells items such as cloaks and rings which cannot be bought at the emblem of heroism vendor by emblem of heroism.
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#25 » Post by Wilcox » 06 Jul 2015 07:49

wonderful of you to understand

Roel
Founder

#26 » Post by Roel » 06 Jul 2015 09:57

Well I basically already answered this.
Roel wrote:We're considering slightly increasing the starting gear so players can queue heroics but that won't affect previous transfers.

Wilcox

#27 » Post by Wilcox » 06 Jul 2015 17:07

of course, i was merely defending my point. glad that you'll consider changes

Laithea

#28 » Post by Laithea » 11 Jul 2015 07:00

Wilcox wrote:I transferred my warrior from retail. I know it's free and my warrior still remains there and all but come on now.The terms state that I'll receive starting gear, emblems etc etc. All I received was 6,5k gold & 600 emblems of heroism.
I also transferred from retail but got 3k gold, not 6.5k. Wasn't enough to buy even slow flying in Northrend after buying class abilities.

Can't say I'm thrilled with the "transfer" (my 90 toon was in BiS pvp gear), but at the end of the day, they are giving us something for free, so I suppose we have no basis to complain regardless.

Wilcox

#29 » Post by Wilcox » 11 Jul 2015 09:44

your concern was answered, read the thread before posting please.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#30 » Post by Cocopuffs » 11 Jul 2015 13:19

give them tier 7.5! best gear ever.